- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » some nights ago
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
 Author some nights ago
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-03-28 16:57   
you KNOW you can set the inf to what you want it to do,attack/defend/raze.No point in specializing,its already done,just look under neath the inf after you right click it..lil box of Icons pops up...click what you want em to do.
.Altho I do think theres a glitch in ship capping.I had 3 vets dropped on me.I had elites.My elites were murderized almost instantly and I had 4 of em. And yes,I got capped.I have seen at least 5 ppl capped by kluth,my self included,but I have yet to see a kluth capped.

Go Figure.........................................

Email Fatal Command (CO)
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-28 19:28   
Quote:

On 2010-03-28 16:53, Zero28 wrote:
Idera is rather good, i jsut got 1 silly question

Who wins if you drops defenders on a planets full of attackers?
Or maybe make the Defenders, unloadable?

I'd say in that case they're even, kinda like currently with heavy vet vs heavy vet. The same would be true with dropping attackers on a planet full of defenders. They're even.

The main difference compared to now is that the planet producing attackers has less infantry capable of effective defense, and the planet producing defenders won't have infantry usable in planet capture.

Maybe even have another specialty infantry that's good for ship boarding and capture, but stinks in planetary battles.

Ideas, ideas...

I've always been a fan of tactical choices that have very obvious pros and cons, which producing specialty infantry would have; like it's obvious that the pro of producing attackers is that you can capture enemy planets, but the con is a planet producing those attackers attackers is vulnerable to invasion from enemy attackers. When producing defenders the planet is better protected from invasion, but you can't use those defenders in an invasion unless you're willing to suffer heavier casualties and can really outnumber the enemy.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-28 22:51   
Quote:

On 2010-03-28 19:28, MrSparkle wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-03-28 16:53, Zero28 wrote:
Idera is rather good, i jsut got 1 silly question

Who wins if you drops defenders on a planets full of attackers?
Or maybe make the Defenders, unloadable?

I'd say in that case they're even, kinda like currently with heavy vet vs heavy vet. The same would be true with dropping attackers on a planet full of defenders. They're even.

The main difference compared to now is that the planet producing attackers has less infantry capable of effective defense, and the planet producing defenders won't have infantry usable in planet capture.

Maybe even have another specialty infantry that's good for ship boarding and capture, but stinks in planetary battles.

Ideas, ideas...

I've always been a fan of tactical choices that have very obvious pros and cons, which producing specialty infantry would have; like it's obvious that the pro of producing attackers is that you can capture enemy planets, but the con is a planet producing those attackers attackers is vulnerable to invasion from enemy attackers. When producing defenders the planet is better protected from invasion, but you can't use those defenders in an invasion unless you're willing to suffer heavier casualties and can really outnumber the enemy.

+1

So it would look like this

Attackers, 2:00.
Defenders 2:00
Attackers (ship) 4:00
Defenders (ship) 4:00

I like the idea thats for sure, now to have it implemented....................

[ This Message was edited by: Crow Starcommander*CO* on 2010-03-28 22:51 ]

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-29 00:01   

Getting complicated, really.

I thought the ground warfare aspect was being addressed by DS Assault?

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-29 00:15   
Quote:

On 2010-03-28 22:51, Crow Starcommander*CO* wrote:
+1

So it would look like this

Attackers, 2:00.
Defenders 2:00
Attackers (ship) 4:00
Defenders (ship) 4:00

I like the idea thats for sure, now to have it implemented....................

[ This Message was edited by: Crow Starcommander*CO* on 2010-03-28 22:51 ]

I actually didn't think of attackers and defenders for ships, just one ship infantry that does both, so it would perform well when fighting on a ship (either defending your own ship or capturing an enemy ship) but would be subpar if fighting on a planet. So you'd want to build them and load them, and switch to another; and of course if you have them on your ship you won't be able to contribute much to a planet capture or unload effective emergency defenders on your planet, but you'd be better prepared both for and vs ship captures...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Page created in 0.020660 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR