No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Ideas on Factional Planetary Differences
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Ideas on Factional Planetary Differences
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-26 10:48   
Quote:

On 2010-03-26 09:50, MrSparkle wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-03-26 09:36, Sauur wrote:
Perhaps this exclusion zone could be implemented with the use of a planetary structure rather than just a generic cloak fail zone around every planet in the MV?

I actually like this idea better than simply making it impossible to cloak within 500gu of any enemy planet.

Question though: What special structure would kluth get? ICC get shields, ICC and UGTO get anti-cloak building, what would kluth get? How about a cloak building that makes it harder to detect buildings and infantry on the surface, so that you need to get closer to target them for bombing (even with a scanner)?

Just throwing ideas out there. But if there's gonna be a large overhaul, it's probably not worth developing either of these.

Yeah, Im just gonna start the thread myself.

I like those ideas myself. How about, certain aspects of planetary structures are underground on K'Luth planets? Like the domes become ...I dunno, whatever a K'Luth anthill would be. It would force the humans to use more infantry in capturing our planets. Just a thought.

Also, I believe if we implemented a difference between available troop types between factions, this would be more realistic as well, and add depth and balance. We have a difference in name only atm, and that should change. Implement special forces units that are factional based, that add both to defence and offense.

Instead of a anti-cloak field, why not a cone of effect like we discussed on dictors? I also like the idea of it being a "flashlight" of sorts, in that it can lshow the cloaked ship, but it doesnt give a lockon. It would allow the enemy to track, but not make it totally impossible to run.

Ideas?

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-03-26 11:04   
i got a few.. but im afraid i have to wait and see how much the dev team reveals befor i start in...

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-26 13:13   
500 gu anti cloak zone is a mad idea.

And this coming from devs still makes me wonder what they smoke..

Since Kluth is close range faction , and not everyone has gang/krill to fly, i am wondering how would that impact on lower rank players.

now back to the topic.

Kluth should have cloak for the planets. Kluth planets shouldnt have any ecm based buildings, but cloak for the planet. To disable it enemy units should use ECCM instead of ecm to bomb it , and viceversa for kluth . ICC already have shields and pulse for their planets. And ugto should have hardened sctructers and need to be bombed twice more than normal to kill one. Also new type of racks or inf production must be availabe to build hardened or elite type of inf for the planets.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-26 13:58   
Transports won't be able to drop until full decloaked. Any objections?

edit: typo
[ This Message was edited by: Sensitivity [R33] on 2010-03-26 14:05 ]

Email Sens [R33]
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-26 15:06   
Didnt even know they could drop before fully decloaked, anyways no objection on that.

And start talkin about planets atm is no point, the devs have said they are goin to redo the whole thing. So i think there is not much point before gettin some info on what theire planin to do

Gin Ichimaru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-26 15:26   
I propose

For ICC: Shield Enhancement Generator, enhances shields within 1000 gu of the planet. Enhances them by 50%-150% (possible)

For UGTO: Planetary Missle bases, the name says itself. Fires MKII's, more than that of Def II bases and also preform normal shooting.

For Kluth: This is gonna be a tough one to think of but due to the Parasite in which i got the idea from, ESF Bases. Drain energy from ships near the planet, same range as Planetary point bases. a lil bit further range though

For All: Anti Ship III bases, fires core weapons.
Def Base III, beefed up version of Def Base II.
Anti Bombardment III, Beefed up version of Anti B.

Hope this can work.......

-Winged

[ This Message was edited by: Winged Zero on 2010-03-26 15:33 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-26 15:26   
Quote:

On 2010-03-26 13:13, Pakhos wrote:
500 gu anti cloak zone is a mad idea.

And this coming from devs still makes me wonder what they smoke..

Since Kluth is close range faction , and not everyone has gang/krill to fly, i am wondering how would that impact on lower rank players.

now back to the topic.

Kluth should have cloak for the planets. Kluth planets shouldnt have any ecm based buildings, but cloak for the planet. To disable it enemy units should use ECCM instead of ecm to bomb it , and viceversa for kluth . ICC already have shields and pulse for their planets. And ugto should have hardened sctructers and need to be bombed twice more than normal to kill one. Also new type of racks or inf production must be availabe to build hardened or elite type of inf for the planets.

That's another excellent suggestion IMO, for UGTO. I couldn't think of any unique UGTO building or planet ability, but giving them more hit points or armor or whatever is perfect.

So ICC would have planetary shield, pulse beams, and anti-cloak buildings. UGTO would have touger buildings that take longer to destroy and anti-cloak buildings. Kluth would have a cloaking building and punishing defense bases for when those humans get close to bomb.

I really really like. Let's just see if any of it is compatible at all with what the devs have in mind.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-26 16:54   
Im not quite understanding the idea of a cloaked planet.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-26 17:10   
Quote:

On 2010-03-26 16:54, Azreal wrote:
Im not quite understanding the idea of a cloaked planet.

a surface cloak device which will hide everything position on the planet until u can beat the cloak device by eccm?

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-26 18:04   
No my idea is buildings and units can't be seen or targeted from far away. I don't know what the range should be though, because it's just a rough idea, but it would be way under scanner range, maybe 1.5k away with scanner and the regular 500gu away without?

Quote:

On 2010-03-26 15:06, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:
Didnt even know they could drop before fully decloaked, anyways no objection on that.

And start talkin about planets atm is no point, the devs have said they are goin to redo the whole thing. So i think there is not much point before gettin some info on what theire planin to do

Sometimes it's just fun to brainstorm We've done it for years without anything ever being developed, and it's fun at times.
[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2010-03-26 18:06 ]

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-03-26 19:19   
Quote:
On 2010-03-26 18:04, MrSparkle wrote:
Sometimes it's just fun to brainstorm We've done it for years without anything ever being developed, and it's fun at times.

TOTALY agree here Sparkle.
I to take into account everything i read (that makes sense) when thinking of DS development, that for past and present.
Given that yes there is a plan to redo that planets, can't talk about it, i think. But what i see here is that you guys are asking Faction Specifics features for planets.
This is possible with the current DS and in "The Plan".

But some of the suggestions you guys make are interesting; UGTO has a Bonus on Structure HP, and K'Luth can hide certain structures for example Res-labs, Food & Population are hidden by default.

Keep discussing, don't stop. But, be reasonabe plz.

E

p.s. why the heck isn't this in Beta Forum?

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-26 21:48   
ICC planetary shields should stop everything, even INF. Ever wonder why we never like using them? Because there too easy to bypass and are just a useless building. If they stopped everything then they would be useful. Make it so that when the shield is down it stays down for a while (like a good 20 min or so).

Also when a planet is captured by the enemy that all faction specific tech is auto destroyed. This would represent that yes the planet was defeated but the last loyal subjects got rid of any specific stuff for that faction. This would help both the new Kltuh cloak idea for there buildings and the ICC shields never falling into enemy hands. This would also mean UGTO buildings would just SD since they all would have the higher HP. This would keep faction specific stuff...well specific.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-03-26 21:52   
My solution to that is simple. Got shield? can't damage population only infantry.

The other well, "The Plan" makes that simple, when the planet changes faction it loses the bonus it had, and the new factions bonuses gets activated.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-26 23:52   
Quote:

On 2010-03-26 21:52, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:
My solution to that is simple. Got shield? can't damage population only infantry.

The other well, "The Plan" makes that simple, when the planet changes faction it loses the bonus it had, and the new factions bonuses gets activated.

that would be nice but i like the squeaky clean planet or close to idea better. Makes it better for engineers since you can build the planet you way and not have to lose a bunch of pres fixing someones horrible build job.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-27 02:28   
Any anti-cloak field near a planet is a bad, bad idea. All humans would have to is camp near a planet and wait for the Kluth to come to them.

If Kluth transports are honestly, truthfully a problem in this case, there are better solutions.

My straightforward feeling is this. Transports should not be able to be cloak, but they should have incredibly tough armor. This should be regardless of faction. They get to carry tons of troops, and can signficantly change the tide of battle on a planet, but they should have a good chance of being shot down. This cloak exploit is a very valid issue. Its entirely possible to solo cap planets with enough time and patience, even shielded ones.

-Ent

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024160 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR