- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Ideas on Factional Planetary Differences
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Ideas on Factional Planetary Differences
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-28 18:54   
hm whats about this:
make bombing planets easier (reduce the rate of fire from defence-bases) but limit the amount of troops on planets ( still max 32 friendlies, but only up to 40 troops alltogether) so you have to bomb planets again to cap it

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-03-29 01:47   
Quote:
On 2010-03-28 18:54, NoBoDx wrote:
hm whats about this:
make bombing planets easier (reduce the rate of fire from defence-bases) but limit the amount of troops on planets ( still max 32 friendlies, but only up to 40 troops alltogether) so you have to bomb planets again to cap it

That would make capping the planets even simpler and faster, we dont want planets to be capped or destroyed under five minutes (maybe even a longer time)
But i/we agree about making bombing easyer, heck "The Plan" i have been refering to takes this into account.

Azreal i love the troop idea, i had something similar three years back.

Pakhos, fortification option is *ahum* a option we might consider indeed.
The shields however would require to much work at the moment.
K'Luth cloak for certain structure types (dome, food etc.) is possible.

And last, Sparkle
This should provide a interesting topic, while it is true that we don't want a factions using a others faction special abilities, for some technology we have a problem.
For instance UGTO know darn well how to apply and operate shields, its just that the UGTO Navy has decided to keep using armor, while ICC favors the cheaper cost and additional options of shields. (K'Luth would be clueless however)
Many other technology specific questions could be asked ,but its all about game v/s game fiction. We will have to work it out somehow.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-29 05:46   
Quote:

On 2010-03-28 15:22, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:

Indeed Pods only go 10gu/s
But yes if we included a minimal distance then it would count for unloading to other ships as well.

No way you can separate entities? Planets vs ships?

How about making pods more durable, and upping their speeds to about 15 or 18gus?
[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-03-29 05:48 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-30 00:12   
Really dislike this part. Ship vs ship combat is too intricate to the game. So much so it has its own stat line. Ok, so does Kami, but mining doesnt.

damn, I lost my train of thought.

Ummm.................

Yeah nothing.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-03-30 02:10   
Quote:
On 2010-03-29 05:46, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-28 15:22, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:
Indeed Pods only go 10gu/s
But yes if we included a minimal distance then it would count for unloading to other ships as well.

No way you can separate entities? Planets vs ships?
How about making pods more durable, and upping their speeds to about 15 or 18gus?

We could add it to the pile of things to do. currently they both use the same function. Unloading inflantry is handled the same way as cargo.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-30 02:25   

Just a suggestion, though, Ele.

Honestly, I'm fine with the way infantry is dropped onto enemy ships at the moment.

I'm sure you geniuses can figure a way out how to separate planet dropping from releasing cargo ship to ship.

Right?

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-30 07:37   
Ok. A thought on planets and AI.

I really dislike the way AI works atm. There arent enough to matter when they are needed, and unnecesary when we have a lot of people on. I like having them, dont get me wrong. I love them actually, as a concept. Implementation is really dreadful though.

This may be a bit lengthy, but I think its a good concept if you take the time to read. At least it could be chewed on a bit and see what spits out.

Ok. First off, I think that there needs to be better mechanisms for when AI appear. I was thinking of another structure, Military Research. Building this would allow a low level of AI combat ships to appear when that planet is attacked. The structure could be upgradable (like regular res bases), and the higher the level of research, the higher or more ships will appear.

These ai ships would be tied to a certain radius to their planet. The only time they spawn is if an enemy approaches their planet. They are even labeled as "Such-n-such Def Force". They would assist with the defense of the planet, and if/when the threat is neutralized, they return to their docks.

The number of ships or levels could be easily managed, and should really be tied to the ultimate tech level of the planet in the way that resources are. A heavily populated Terran planet will have more defensive forces than a barren. They have a higher population to draft from, and a richer economy to fund a military.

This would effectively remove all other factional ai from the MV in general. This would mean that unless you are fighting near a planet, you wouldnt see any military ai. This would also end planets being totally undefended.

If we have any AI flying around generally, I would prefer to see civilian types of craft. It seems odd that the only pilots flying around are military. Where are the yachts? Where are the merchant ships that the pirates supposedly prey upon? Are they preying on military craft? Are they plundering whole planets with their small numbers and cobbled together ships? No, they should be attacking merchants and general civilian starliners.

Again, another thing to add depth. If shipping in an area is being attacked and raided by an enemy for a prolonged period, it should/could create unrest on the nearby planets. If all the ships heading for Okag keep ending up as space slag, then the citizens of Okag are going to question the effectiveness of their leaders and allies. This in turn would lead to rebelion, and switching to a yellow planet.

Just a few other ideas for depth. Feel free to critic them.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-03-30 12:15   
Quote:
On 2010-03-30 02:25, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Honestly, I'm fine with the way infantry is dropped onto enemy ships at the moment.

I'm sure you geniuses can figure a way out how to separate planet dropping from releasing cargo ship to ship.

Just give infantry another drop pod.
Min range 400gu, speed 40gu/s. or other stats..
But ... Two Weeks™

[ This Message was edited by: Eledore Massis [R33] on 2010-03-30 12:15 ]

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-30 17:10   
Quote:

On 2010-03-26 13:58, Sensitivity wrote:
Transports won't be able to drop until full decloaked. Any objections?

edit: typo
[ This Message was edited by: Sensitivity [R33] on 2010-03-26 14:05 ]

You all ready need to be fully decloaked to drop anything...cough. Just like you need to be decloak to fire, ect.. just pointing that out, but I do like some of the suggestions being thrown around.

[ This Message was edited by: El Desterrado on 2010-03-30 17:26 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-30 23:35   
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 12:15, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-30 02:25, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Just give infantry another drop pod.
Min range 400gu, speed 40gu/s. or other stats..
But ... Two Weeks™

[ This Message was edited by: Eledore Massis [R33] on 2010-03-30 12:15 ]

Erm, nope.

Infantry vs planet.... 400gu, 40 gu/s. More resistance to PD. Assault pod.

Infantry vs ship.... no change.

Cargo pod full of anything else, enh or resources... no change.

Yes, I'm aware of the two weeks trademark. I can't hold my breath that long. Tranny rushes continues,

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-31 00:46   
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 07:37, Azreal wrote:
Ok. A thought on planets and AI.

I really dislike the way AI works atm. There arent enough to matter when they are needed, and unnecesary when we have a lot of people on. I like having them, dont get me wrong. I love them actually, as a concept. Implementation is really dreadful though.

This may be a bit lengthy, but I think its a good concept if you take the time to read. At least it could be chewed on a bit and see what spits out.

Ok. First off, I think that there needs to be better mechanisms for when AI appear. I was thinking of another structure, Military Research. Building this would allow a low level of AI combat ships to appear when that planet is attacked. The structure could be upgradable (like regular res bases), and the higher the level of research, the higher or more ships will appear.

These ai ships would be tied to a certain radius to their planet. The only time they spawn is if an enemy approaches their planet. They are even labeled as "Such-n-such Def Force". They would assist with the defense of the planet, and if/when the threat is neutralized, they return to their docks.

The number of ships or levels could be easily managed, and should really be tied to the ultimate tech level of the planet in the way that resources are. A heavily populated Terran planet will have more defensive forces than a barren. They have a higher population to draft from, and a richer economy to fund a military.

This would effectively remove all other factional ai from the MV in general. This would mean that unless you are fighting near a planet, you wouldnt see any military ai. This would also end planets being totally undefended.

If we have any AI flying around generally, I would prefer to see civilian types of craft. It seems odd that the only pilots flying around are military. Where are the yachts? Where are the merchant ships that the pirates supposedly prey upon? Are they preying on military craft? Are they plundering whole planets with their small numbers and cobbled together ships? No, they should be attacking merchants and general civilian starliners.

Again, another thing to add depth. If shipping in an area is being attacked and raided by an enemy for a prolonged period, it should/could create unrest on the nearby planets. If all the ships heading for Okag keep ending up as space slag, then the citizens of Okag are going to question the effectiveness of their leaders and allies. This in turn would lead to rebelion, and switching to a yellow planet.

Just a few other ideas for depth. Feel free to critic them.

I like this idea a lot. Would add depth to the game for sure. Tarrens and airds handle dread AI and so on and so forth.

The building could be like a Tech 1/2/3 type with 3 costing quite a bit of res and pop to build. Type 3 would allow dreads to spawn, type 2 cruisers and type 1 dessys. Numbers could be type 1 cost 10k res and 20 pop (meant for barrens), type 2 could be 20k res and 30 pop (for Ice) and type 3 be 60k res and 40 pop (for tarren/aird that are non SY). Ships would be limited by the max amount allowed on the planet. For example someone builds a type 2 on a barren planet and fills the res, only dessys would spawn because barrens cant support cruisers. Power cost should be low for these as there just buildings for the crews of the ships. type 1 like 5 power tyep 2 10 and type 3 15 power.

Those are just rough ideas expanding on what az said.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-31 02:53   
Sounds good Az.

Especially since we build Starports buildings to establish trade.
We should see AI starliners and merchies begin to ply the trade route intra or inter-system.

This could be considered superficial or supercilious to the game, but it would give noobs something to shoot at.... and the pirates a reason to exist.... which in turn again gives everyone more AI targets to shoot at.

I like Crow's idea too regarding a building with multiple tech level to spawn AI combatants in varying classes.

Don't you guys hate it when a certain faction logs in, find the other factions empty, and begin to plunder and raid all the planets in the entire MV in short fashion?

AI defenders will slow them down.

As to how many AI should be spawned, this should be determined by how many enemies are within the predetermined "alert" radius of the planet, and also up to the limit of the planet's tech and resources.

U attack a planet with 2 stations and 2 dreads, perhaps a station and 2 dreads will be spawned as defenders, if there are sufficient resources.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-03-31 02:54 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.023220 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR