No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Suggestion -Fleet Station
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Suggestion -Fleet Station
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-03-29 09:07   
I dont want any "new" ships.I would however like a couple of the old ones back,For example...
A station that is a " OMG IM DEAD " station again,Stations were like the ULTIMATE killer instead of the pieces of crap they are today.I mean seriously ...
look at the size differences
a tranny-10 inf
a station-12 inf.( used to be 20)
a cruiser-on avg..4-6 torps
a station none.(used to be same 4 or more)
a dread-3-4 IC/QSTs (thinking AD/EAD .Dont know kluth equiv but about same I think)
a station-3 or 4 on most.
at no point do I see anything at all that makes a station outdo any other ships for any other job except it CAN to all of em at the same time(for the most part) just a hell of a lot slower.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-29 10:09   
Quote:

On 2010-03-29 09:07, Fatal Command*CO* wrote:
I dont want any "new" ships.I would however like a couple of the old ones back,For example...
A station that is a " OMG IM DEAD " station again,Stations were like the ULTIMATE killer instead of the pieces of crap they are today.I mean seriously ...
a tranny-10 inf
a dread-3-4 IC/QSTs (thinking AD/EAD .Dont know kluth equiv but about same I think)
at no point do I see anything at all that makes a station outdo any other ships for any other job except it CAN to all of em at the same time(for the most part) just a hell of a lot slower.

i agree with him we shouldn't be suggesting new ships or items when we haven't fully got everything else correct.

and second adding a starbase like structure would take sheer amount of power let alone the data files and the servers would have to be huge all this for one item so 5 people may have a new toy you have got to be kidding me.

and third seing that the servers can barley handle massive fleet engagements on prycon what do you think adding something that could be so powerful do basicaly we would have to make it no more ai (and no matter how anorying they are what about the new players with no experience) not to mention the fact that the servers might overload which would mean huge wait times or more money spent on servers (which unless enough people donate it would cause the game to be p2p again)

but seriously to even suggest this would mean

a you lost touch with reality
or b your CRAZY

[ This Message was edited by: jackbob on 2010-03-29 10:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: jackbob on 2010-03-29 10:18 ]

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-03-29 10:18   
Quote:

On 2010-03-29 09:07, Fatal Command*CO* wrote:
a tranny-10 inf

Actually, a Battle Station has a lot more QSTs then 4. Dont know exactly, but more like 8 or so. And:
2 Supply Bays
Lot of HCL (equal to EAD i think)
More fighters then any dread

Basicly, as long as you have a proper support fleet so the enemy wont just tank you out with 3 ships, you do more damage over a longer time then any dread. Stations are fine imho

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-03-29 10:33   
Quote:

On 2010-03-29 01:05, Challenger wrote:
We have 5 CM in all of DS so how would it be over run?

Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Grand Admiral
Deicide

Posted: 2010-03-29 10:44   
my 2 cents on the subject would probably strive around it not being player usable. i.e your in a system which is completely unfriendly. you get above mentioned parts together. suddenly you have a base of operation. could give it a resource gatherer in gas clouds or something to that effect.

Simply put. Not a station. An outpost.

Email Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Wolfex
1st Rear Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-03-29 17:59   
Quote:

On 2010-03-29 04:20, Iwanni *Ojama Blue* wrote:

Think of EVE. still not getting it?

Think of EVE corporate stations. thats basicaly where we are getting at here - stations assembled with a allmost unrealistic ammount of res, probaly around the 300K mark for the main module(command module, must have one) then about 100K for each other one.

Each station has a controller rank specified by the original creator. for example, a controller may tell a station to cloak, or fire at XXX target, or supply XXX person, or put beams on PD. got ze idea?

No movement of the station! after all, that would be stupid. people could uberWTFbomb a planet. speaking of planets...... These uberstations must be atleast 10K gu away from a planet.(so no building 3 uberstations around a planet and whooping any attackers)

Station needs RES to survive. no res = KABOOOOOOOOOM.
Slow...ish res consumption.(2k per day per power module?) res may be drawn from storage modules. Sotrage modules should be made essential by limiting the station's basic rez capacity.(10K) Aka, build storage modules
if you dont want to have to re-rez your station every day.

To build: guy in a engy starts with a command module. how it works is this:
Command module restricted to.... what, Fleet admiral?

engy starts building. of course a engy cant carry 300K rez, so it only needs 4K to start building. trannies them come and dump the rest of the missing 296K res on the station's initial module while a engy builds it. build time one hour? once built, nothing can be added on to the command station until: A. 1 hour has passed B. 5 heavy infantry have been put on the command module. then its just a case of build build build!

Ideas for modules:

Command module. need one to make anything else

Power generator. makes power, more then 2 reccomended.

Storage module. stores 25K res for that little bit of modding.

Repair module. Shoop da whoop repair speeds.

Beam module. Pew Pew lazor beamz!

Gun module. stuff like IC's, QST's etc

Missile module. speshul T4 missiles?

Shield pod. ICC specific, guys the station a..... shield. Not stackable.

Cloak pod. K'luth specific, allows anyone on or above the set control rank to cloak/decloak the station. Not stackable.

Applique Armor. UGTO specific, basicaly adds a lot of armor to the station.
Not stackable.

Dictor module. Haha, you cant iz tranyrush meee

Barracks module. makes heavy infantry to stop wannabe cappers

Engineering module.(350K rez) builds stuff onto the station at half the speed and 150% the amount of rez.

Yes, i know most of you devs are having a heart attack looking at the list of modules. (OMG so much stuff to model!) But hey, it would be totaly awesome if you guys implemented this.

Yes

Iwanni hit the nail on the Preverbial head.

instead of 10k gu maybe up to 15k gu so that they cant be TOO close to a planet or use them as Defences, also have a Set Distance from Jump-Gates so that they cant be used to camp Jump-Gates. Another Limitation on distance is how close Stations can be to one another, that way you dont have 4 Stations built all close together to be invincible

Have NO MOVEMENT at all, so that it cannot be moved around the map all the time.

A Size Limit to the Ships Available to build, that way there are no Massive Dreads or Stations being built out of it, that way people cant build 10 stations or 14 MD's within 15k gu of a planet.

Definatly not made for Scenario though, more of a regular Metaverse thing. so Fleets can have their own Station. And limit it to 1 per Fleet, so it takes a Team Effort to build it instead of one solo person making the Station. This will also incorporate more of a Fleet based Gameplay Style, there are several people who are not in Fleets. if this Feature were developed and added in then it would Start more Fleets or Expand Already existing Fleets. meaning more of a Team Oriented Game

The Resource requirement is a qood suggestion, that way Fleets have to actually Maintain the Station and keep resupplying it, gives it more of a Realistic Feeling.

And as far as Modeling the Components..... im sure that out of all the DS Players 2 or 3 might have experience with Modeling and Textures. Hey i might even be able to talk to all the people i know who work on Mods and other Games to pitch in, Maybe ill start a Competition for it with Team Members on some of the Mods im working on

I know the Dev's say they have thought about this before, but alot of us think that it will be very good to have this implemented. Who knows, if the Game keeps expanding and upgrading in Features and Designs. It might Draw in more players, after all a Astheticly pleasing game that has a great Gameplay System will be very popular especially if its F2P
[ This Message was edited by: Wolfex on 2010-03-29 18:02 ]

Anathemia
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-29 18:13   
Didn't Tael shoot this down already?

[ This Message was edited by: Ian9018's Ghost on 2010-03-29 18:14 ]

Wolfex
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-29 18:19   
Kaine actually has a point, instead of a Station maybe a Outpost.

And we have no need to make the Stations the Uber Ships again, i was in Sag the other day and UGTO had 10 STATIONS!!!!!

Do you really want 10 Super-Powered Stations? that would make the game even more unbalanced and would cause people to leave, which would cause the Sub Rate to drop and take money away from DS and its Servers. that would cause it to have to reconvert back to P2P

And as we said, its not an AI Ship or a Player-Controlled Ship. Think of it as a "Planet" being built in Space.

[ This Message was edited by: Wolfex on 2010-03-29 18:20 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Wolfex on 2010-03-29 18:30 ]

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-03-29 18:47   
Quote:

On 2010-03-29 18:19, Wolfex wrote:
...Think of it as a "Planet" being built in Space.

Or we could just use planets like planets and keep the shipyards on them.

One of the reasons of tying shipyards to planets is because of resources requirements and limit just how many you can have and or would want.

This will not happen. That simple.

Email Tael
Wolfex
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-29 19:07   
Well it was worth a shot, anyways this is Off-Topic

what about what Kaine said? not a "Planet" or SY Station.
But what about Outposts?

but Tael please love of all that is Sacred, DO NOT GIVE STATIONS UBER STATS AGAIN!!! lol
[ This Message was edited by: Wolfex on 2010-03-29 19:33 ]

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-03-29 22:29   
i dunno, i think were kind of missing the point

back when stations were rare they often became exactly those outposts: there were relatively permanent, your fleet could retreat out into deep space if it didnt have a planet and have a nice big station with 3 supply bays there to get everything back in order.

i think what you guys are really looking for is a station that serves as a base when first entering a system. in this case we should take a look at the command and supply stations and see what we can do to increase their strategic importance.

ideas (some to be used in conjunction with others):
- up the infantry count on supply and/or command stations to something like 40 or 50
- drastically reduce movement speed or make it so they can only transfer troops ship to ship, not ship to surface
- up the repair bay counts on supply stations
- allow stations to train infantry
- make them harder to destroy
- place a population cap on the number of stations a faction can have out at any one time
- give stations some kind of station-unique system, area of effect repair, temporary defense buffs, etc.

throw some more ideas out there

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-30 01:32   
There're a lot of good ideas about. But prob too complex or costly to implement.

All I look forward to is a mobile spawn point. Not an actual shipyard per se, but more of a mobile garage. As some may observe, this may make a fleet seemingly invincible if destroyed vessels are insta-spawned, but if penalties or cost for respawning from a station can be implemented then it shd work out fine. Perhaps 50 res for the smallest ships up till 800 res per cruiser which is the max sized ship that can be spawned?

Assign this capability to the Command Station n raise the rank requirement to M or CM minimum perhaps.

Just a thought. This could pave the way to more prolonged battles and perhaps the station being held back from the battle and used as a true support base rather than the juggernaut tank that I see it so often used for.

Also, perhaps this function can only be made available to fleeted or grouped/squad'ed players. This might also serve to increase fleet membership n teamplay.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-03-30 01:46 ]

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-03-30 02:31   
Quote:

On 2010-03-29 17:59, Wolfex wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-03-29 04:20, Iwanni *Ojama Blue* wrote:

Think of EVE. still not getting it?

Think of EVE corporate stations. thats basicaly where we are getting at here

Iwanni hit the nail on the Preverbial head.

Actually you both missed the point... This isn't Eve...

Email Tael
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-03-30 02:36   
Quote:
On 2010-03-29 22:29, Lark of Hipster wrote:
i dunno, i think were kind of missing the point

back when stations were rare they often became exactly those outposts: there were relatively permanent, your fleet could retreat out into deep space if it didnt have a planet and have a nice big station with 3 supply bays there to get everything back in order.

Stations at those times didn't had the same fighting power as they have these days. And at the time not may people wanted to fly them because of that. Only combat uses Stations had in those times was to jump in and SD ontop of the enemy..
Quote:
i think what you guys are really looking for is a station that serves as a base when first entering a system. in this case we should take a look at the command and supply stations and see what we can do to increase their strategic importance.

Don't know what you want to do about them but there are some plans involving AOE effects for the command class ships. And there are idea's about making the supply station back to what it was, and what you want, the little big station in outerspace supplying the wounded.
Quote:
ideas (some to be used in conjunction with others):
- up the infantry count on supply and/or command stations to something like 40 or 50

Press U to capture a planet! ya so not wanting to have that, we currently got 12, thats more then enough.
In addition we can only set limits per Ship class not per individial ships.
Quote:
- drastically reduce movement speed or make it so they can only transfer troops ship to ship, not ship to surface

A interensting topic. Together with the "Ideas on Factional Planetary Differences" topic, it might be worth checking in the cargo system to see if we can create a new system for loading and unloading inflantry. No promices however.
Quote:

In the past there have been talks about creating more specific functions for the drone bay. One of em involves giving stations the options to carry Heavy drones.
Quote:

Possible, but i'm having a hard head about this one.
Quote:

???
Quote:
- place a population cap on the number of stations a faction can have out at any one time

Possible but i don't think we want to limit players. If they want to fly shrooms of doom, let them, we will just corvette torp them to death!
Quote:
- give stations some kind of station-unique system, area of effect repair, temporary defense buffs, etc.

This has been under discussion for command class ships, no design of AOE effects has been made however.
Quote:

throw some more ideas out there

I love you

But what is love?

E.

Wolfex
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-30 12:00   
Quote:

that is very unreasonable, that would give one station the ability to cap a highly defended or lightly defended planet by itself. taking away Fleet Teamwork if one guy/girl can use a Station by itself

Quote:

This is a good suggestion, that way Stations cant be used to Capture Planets only provide support

Quote:

Maybe not the Repair Bay, but like its been suggested maybe Heavy Reload Drones

Quote:

Thats crazy and i think it should not be allowed.

Quote:

where the hell did this come from? Biased opinion from a "Heavy" station user? Stations are already pretty well armoured, not when it comes to Several Shots at once, or a heavy attack from more then one ship. but 1-on-1 or even against groups of small craft a Station is near invincible.

This should not EVER be implemented

Quote:

This is another good Suggestion, a Station is ok... a Few Stations is even better. but one time in Sag UGTO had 10 Stations out at one time. There should be a Cap on how many stations can be out

Quote:

a Buff System would be cool, but something minor not something that will make it the best thing available

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.040750 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR