No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Suggestions: Balance of Power, etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
 Author Suggestions: Balance of Power, etc.
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2010-03-30 03:12   
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 03:06, Crow Starcommander*CO* wrote:

I suggested something like that a long time ago but no one payed any heed to it. Basically take the Interdictor ship and change out the dico for an anti cloak device. 1k gu anti cloak field or 750gu but long range and basically the ship just painted a giant "Kill me now" on it when it turned it on. As I said back then and I will say it again. In a game with a cloak you need something that counters it or it becomes overpowered. Every game that has had a cloak device in it had something that would counter it or make it less effective.

this is actualy not bad, your limiting it to one ship and making the dictor more usefull.

and when you say over powered like star say your basically putting one huge kick me sign on the captains back.

- Axi

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-30 03:52   
If they really do follow through with this idea..... then make this pinging device of yours switchable with the dictor device.
And not just a regular ECM or ECCM slot. So you either have a dico or you have a pinger.

Hell, whoever said life should be easy for you hoonamz.
If you wanna ping and dico us, then you'll lose 2 effective combatants. (We all know what weak combatants these dico cruisers are. )

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-03-30 03:54 ]

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-03-30 04:38   
I actually wanted the Dictor device to disrupt cloak, saying the gravimetric distortion created by the dictor fields broke it. but no one else liked it... I still say all planets 250 to 500 gu you cloak does not work.

Email Tael
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-30 04:45   
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 04:38, Tael wrote:
I actually wanted the Dictor device to disrupt cloak, saying the gravimetric distortion created by the dictor fields broke it. but no one else liked it... I still say all planets 250 to 500 gu you cloak does not work.

Star Trek science eh?

I think dictors and cloak disrupters should be 2 separate devices.

Otherwise K'luth will suffer 2 different penalties from dictors. And why should they?

The cloak offsets the Kluths miserably weak armor and survivability.

If an interdictor disrupts their ability to cloak, then we could also conjure up some other kookamamie Star Trek theory that AM drives are immune to interdictor fields. Kluth may not be able to cloak, but they sure as hell can still jump in the presence of a dictor field.

Hoonamz can't always have their cakes and eat it.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-03-30 04:50 ]

Anathemia
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-30 05:34   
The Cloak Disruptor for a dictor as a switchable device isn't really that bad of an idea. Tael's idea as a combination isn't too bad either. However...

Lasers and disruptors get a button on them to switch to point-defense or on-demand. I dunno how it would work in code but couldn't you take the normal jump disruptor with it's orange field and give it a button that turns it into a cloak disruptor with maybe a blue field? Put a light cooldown on the device when it turns off to prevent it from just instantly being switched?

Just an idea or two.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-30 06:14   
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 05:34, Ian9018's Ghost wrote:
The Cloak Disruptor for a dictor as a switchable device isn't really that bad of an idea. Tael's idea as a combination isn't too bad either. However...

Lasers and disruptors get a button on them to switch to point-defense or on-demand. I dunno how it would work in code but couldn't you take the normal jump disruptor with it's orange field and give it a button that turns it into a cloak disruptor with maybe a blue field? Put a light cooldown on the device when it turns off to prevent it from just instantly being switched?

Just an idea or two.

I thought of blue too seemed to represent a tachyon field better.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-03-30 06:42   
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I'm probably the best EAD pilot currently in-game. In the least I've had the most playing experience with it.

It by no means needs a buff.

Sounds like you think you're good at piloting it, cos it's an 'ELITE' ship. It's just a name, not everyone's great at piloting every ship in the game. This is just the case for you it seems.

Just because a player isn't good in a ship, or can't figure out how to use it properly, doesn't mean it's a bad ship.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-03-30 06:44 ]

Anathemia
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-30 06:48   
That said, someone teach me how to hunt k'luth please? :P HC gets eaten by dessie/cruiser combinations.

Back on topic... Yep, Jack is probably the most experienced EAD pilot in DS.
[ This Message was edited by: Ian9018's Ghost on 2010-03-30 06:51 ]

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-30 07:17   
"2. UGTO (and ICC) needs something that beats the cloak. "

u alrdy got ping, and with energy eaten in just a few alphas + super weak armor i dont think u need extra weapon against cloaking.

Alrdy its impossible to stalk most players because of ping. Once i get within 400 gu ish im getting 3 dreads shooting all at me instead of random places, within 3 sec after getting in range.

I was about to suggest that ping is overpowered. Cloak makes kluth what they are...what makes them special. nerf it and kluth become useles...cant nerf everything. buff others instead if it rlly becomes unacceptable.

The way i see it kluth become stronger in metaverse because we suddenly got high player base of dreads. Factions shouldnt be nerfed because of player base. When ugto was biggest for months nobody nerfed ugto supply stations....

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-03-30 07:44   

I say screw coming up with something new.Go back to 480 cloak and ecm working hand in hand (or claw in claw).then we get ecm forts,BIG DEAL,ICC now has fighter bombers like kluth and ugto have ( but we didnt back then) that can trash a fort ( or planet)easy enough with fleet actions.Just change eccm to ONLY cover 250 Gus period.That would fix tranny rushes as most planets have 2 or more sensors on em and then you would NEED that sens frig/scout during those same fleet actions.I want to spend 3 hours of 3 hours shooting,not 1 hour playing and 2 hours hunting kluth.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-30 08:16   
let me explain a little further what we were saying about the EAD. I am not an EAD expert, but I have some time in the seat of one. More importantly I hunt the EAD, so I understand where it's soft spots are.

Putting the Krill up against the EAD I dont think is wrong. They should be the top dreads in the faction, no?

Look at a Krill. Nice forward firing weapons. Armor is consistent all around it. It has a sensor and isnt too bad on energy. Not great, but by far the best dread for a Kluth.

Now, look at the EAD. The weakness here is in the fact that the EAD is squishy in more ways than the Krill, and the Krill should be the squishy ship. The Krill should have the weaker armor in the rear, because it can cover it with cloak. The EAD needs a sensor to hunt with, and has none. The Krill's ecm slot is really useless. The EAD needs to be able to fire more in the rear. Again, the Krill can simply cloak and manuver.

The reason the EAD is getting eaten alive by the krill 9 times out of 10 is the fact that the EAD is perfectly suited to be a cloaking ship. The Krill is perfectly suited to be a UGGY ship, except for its overall weaker armor and probably a little higher energy drain (factoring in rupters vs CL, not sure how they stack anymore).

So I would argue that the EAD should get another rear ring, and several of its CURRENT WEAPONS should get full arcs instead of 3/4 or forward facing only. Even without extra power, this increases the ships DEFENSIVE capabilities, and pushes it at least to even with the Krill.

I will tell you now. I dont know 1 veteran K'Luth who doesnt lick his chops when he sees an EAD. Even Jack's. We only have to cloak and get in behind him for a few secs at a time and.....well....you know the rest.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-30 08:28   
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 02:33, Tael wrote:
We've discussed having cloak not work within 250 or 500 gu of a planet to stop tranny rushes... And to keep Kluth from planet hugging and getting them back out in deep space like they were intended.

Man where did that come from, K'luth planet hug... Sorry Teal, but last I looked in the mirror I was not a meat bag (ICC, UGTO), only time you will see us around a planet is when we are bored, building, repping...

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-03-30 08:28   
I'm actually not allowed to touch the EAD. Best bet would be to ask Drafell.

Krill's not the best ship to line it up against either, seeing as the Krill is most definitely overpowered at the moment (has far too much energy).

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-30 08:33   
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 04:38, Tael wrote:

Then if our cloak doesn't work within that range, maybe our armor should be increased when cloak is diabled, for you will find the icc and ugto camping out at our planets to get kills. It's not like they camp much now... Huggie, Huggie, nice planet....

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-30 08:34   
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 06:48, Ian9018's Ghost wrote:
That said, someone teach me how to hunt k'luth please? HC gets eaten by dessie/cruiser combinations.

Back on topic... Yep, Jack is probably the most experienced EAD pilot in DS.
[ This Message was edited by: Ian9018's Ghost on 2010-03-30 06:51 ]

And a tasty one at that....

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022834 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR