No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Proposal: Mining beams turn off when cargo is full
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Proposal: Mining beams turn off when cargo is full
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-03 10:58   
How damned annoying is that cargo bug where some of your cargo slots become unavailable even though they're full, and when you want to build a platform it won't let you until you log out or use sy/gate?

I propose a simple change: Once a ship's cargo is full, mining beams turn off. I suspect the problem occurs because the ship keeps accumulating resources way beyond what it can hold. I get this bug all the time when engineering, and even when extracting, if I go AFK and let tens of thousands of resources accumulate, the more I unload the more cargo slots become unavailable (even though they do have resources).

Simply have mining beams turn off when cargo is full. It won't harm gameplay, it's more realistic, and it might fix most if not all of the cargo bug problems. The only thing it will harm is the ability to amass thousands upon thousands more resources than you should have amassed while AFK or not unloading/building plats.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-03 11:11   
Really damn annoying but they calm they cannot fix it.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-04-03 13:21   
I have been abusing and using this bug since i joined DarkSpace.
Told staff and other players about it, numerous times.

when you Mine and your cargo is full, indeed the mining beam device will continue to generate resources. But it cant place them in cargo-slots and just accumulate them somewhere.

There are two ways how you can end it.

1 Shut off the beam: This will result in the mining beam losing all its accumulated resources somehow.
Then, using or unload your cargo can generate the bug you are talking about.
2 Unload the resources first: unload all your resources until you only have a single cargoslot being filled again by the mining beams.
Now it is safe to turn the mining beams of and your bug won't appear.

I have tried reproducing the bug over several years, even when i was not a developer.
Your suggestion would be a good one, but to bad i am so used to this "Ahum* feature/bud that i am not in favor to lose it. (Just my opinion)
p.s. Dock or use a Transference fixes problem

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-03 13:23   
Going down to just 1 usable slot doesn't fix the bug for me. Only relogging or using gate/sy does.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-03 15:36   
I second MrSparkle
WHy would minign beam remain on if theres no hold for it, i beleiv ehis idea is a good one, should fix the problem we have or at least help it.

Your just telling us eledore that because you like to abuse this bug we should keep it? i do not bleeive so, it does more harm than good, and apparently, your way of doing it, doesn't seem to always work for everyone
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

RageMastaFlex
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-03 19:26   
I donot believe this will help... I have not experienced this to be the reason/cause of the bug.

From what I've been told its actually when your client Desync's from the server.

I believe it would be a terrible idea to have the beams turn off... It would cause us enginers MUCH trouble. Unless they want to boost the cargo capacity of the engi ships, I think this is a bad idea.

4k resources is hard enough to stay ontop of as it is... Having to unload them every few minuets, or else lose valuable mining time, would be even worse.

Email RageMastaFlex
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-03 20:41   
But having unlimited cargo is just not right, with or without the bug. I can guarantee that that's not what was intended, and it causes annoying problems.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-03 22:41   
ANd technicly you dont get unlimited Resources,

When you unload your resources, you got anothr 1000 stack appearing, but its actually jsut starting a new stack,, that 1000stack wil be the onyl one for a while,, if you unloa that stack you will see its gonna unload that actuall Of what oyu jsut mined

THe mining beam does not give infinite Cargo, when your cargo is full, it just james, like throwing the minign stuff in space until your emptied,

I second Sparkle once again
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-03 22:59   
You do get unlimited, if you go AFK for a very long time you will have an awful lot of resources.

That's another bug btw, with 1000 resources appearing when it's actually less than that. It's what causes all your resources to disappear sometimes when you go to build a platform; to you it looks like you have the 3k needed for a supply plat or 4k for a weapons plat, but you don't.

It's noticeable when you unload 1000 resources on a planet and less than that actually unloads.

It's all part of mining beams not turning off when they're supposed to.

RageMastaFlex
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-03 23:29   
No its not... first of all... You do NOT get unlimited, it caps at 40k

Thats 4 full cargo's from an extractor. and 10 full cargos from an engi.

as for the platform bug, its a desync issue, not a display issue.

(as is apparent from that fact that, even if it shows that you have 4k, when really you have 3200~ It wont let you build the platform, its red. however, when you have 4k, you build the wep plat, and it takes your resources and doesn't build a platform, thats an issue due to a desync of the client and the server.)

Email RageMastaFlex
Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-04 05:02   
Quote:

On 2010-04-03 23:29, XRate{Heavy Metal} wrote:

(as is apparent from that fact that, even if it shows that you have 4k, when really you have 3200~ It wont let you build the platform, its red. however, when you have 4k, you build the wep plat, and it takes your resources and doesn't build a platform, thats an issue due to a desync of the client and the server.)

its not desync... dont talk about stuff you dont know about dude research and test and learn to know WHAT IT IS.... dont pretend you do... Eledore said it would fix the bug... SHE IS A DEVOLOPER SHE HELPS MAINTAIN AND KEEP THIS GAME RUNNING SHE WOULD KNOW (sorry if ur a guy eledore sounds like a girls name

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-04 08:11   
Eledore indeed holds up the appearance of being male.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-04 11:10   
Quote:

On 2010-04-03 23:29, XRate{Heavy Metal} wrote:

I've unloaded way more than 40k after an extended AFK in an extractor. I don't think there's a cap at all.

You'll also notice you never ever get the platform bug (not having enough resources when you think you do) when first starting mining and before you start acculating "spillover" resources. If it says you have 4k resources, that's what you have. It's only after mining for a while, beyond your cargo capacity, that this bug appears.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-04-04 13:11   
I have not noticed a cap indeed.

Only viable option i can think of why it should work in practice would be
You are in space. you mine and put stuff in your cargo hold. When the holds are empty you just make it float around your ship until you have time to unload your holds.

But indeed we need to have the issue looked at properly, and see that it won't be a real problem on the game itself, and if it is desired.

Who knows this might be the Mother of De-sync creators for the entire game.
Will get back to you when i had a chance to talk to the other dev's.
(Who should be reading this).

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-04 17:34   
Better idea. Make the game auto-dump your res onto the planet when cargo gets full and the beams keep mining. Also make this and option for people as well, to toggle between auto-shutoff and auto-dump. Auto-dump will help people who are engiees sitting in the F3 window. You cant always hear your beams going and you cant see yourself if your on the other side of the planet or are paying attention to other things.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022313 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR