No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Question
 Author Question
The Super-Happy Fun Frigate
Ensign

Posted: 2010-04-07 22:18   
Recently, I was going through an old abandoned darkspace account of mine and because I don't use it anymore, thought I would simply reset the rank back to zero. Interestingly, everything reset itself to zero except for the number of games played and the amount of time played which still stayed the same. Back in the days as I recall, when someone hits the reset button, all the stats get reset to zero including the number and time of games played. I am curious as to this sudden change. Is it a new update to darkspace and if it is, why make an update to that?

Also, I have noticed that the points added to friendly fire now include armor and shields. Is friendly fire not supposed to be a bad thing? Why then make it easier to get marked points for friendly fire? Back then, I was perfectly fine with friendly fire remaining at hull damage.
[ This Message was edited by: Steve the Pirate on 2010-04-07 22:27 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Steve the Pirate on 2010-04-07 22:28 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Steve the Pirate on 2010-04-07 22:32 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-07 22:59   
they're protected stats, as they have no effect on your prestiege.
likewise credits is also protected, so you dont accidently lose all your credits if you hit the reset button for whatever reason (seeing as they have monetary value, that would be a bad thing)

Ensign

Posted: 2010-04-07 23:16   
I understand the credits staying put because of paying actual money for them, but personally, I would have left the change alone for the game time and numbers of games played. Even if they don't affect prestige, it still seems a bit strange if on the reset you are still getting marked up on games played and game time for stats you don't have. As the saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but then again you are the developer(s).

Anyway, going to my second question, why bump up the ease for getting friendly fire? It appears to me that it was simply better left off at hull that way there is less chance of getting marked off for your teammate getting hit in your line of fire.

[ This Message was edited by: Steve the Pirate on 2010-04-07 23:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Steve the Pirate on 2010-04-07 23:23 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-08 00:42   
I have to wonder why someone would want to reset to begin with? It's free now, so if they want to experience ranking up again they can just make another account?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-08 01:31   
Quote:

On 2010-04-08 00:42, MrSparkle wrote:
I have to wonder why someone would want to reset to begin with? It's free now, so if they want to experience ranking up again they can just make another account?

Back to school LOL

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-04-08 01:32 ]

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-08 03:05   
I think for one thing, they dont want to be a high level noob, like most of the players now.... LOL

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-08 07:14   
You get friendly fire points for shields/armour because you also get points for damaging enemy shields and armour. The logic is fairly simple: You lose points for doing to your friends what you gain for doing to your enemies.

Ensign

Posted: 2010-04-08 07:21   
Quote:

On 2010-04-08 00:42, MrSparkle wrote:

Most reset due to illegitimate deaths or other marks added onto the profile which seem as though they shouldn't be there. For instance, the spawn deaths that were occuring when someone tried to spawn a station or lag which results in someone accidentally jumping into a planet and losing prestige. It is a crude method, but it saves having not to hassle the devs each time it happens.

As far as making another account goes, what is said is true, but because it is the policy of darkspace not to delete accounts, if you created a new account and wanted to still have the name you had from your previous account, that is not possible.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-04-08 13:47   
You can change your account name on a whim, so there's nothing stopping you from changing your old account's name to something else and making the new account with your original name.

Email Jim Starluck
Ensign

Posted: 2010-04-08 14:45   
Quote:

On 2010-04-08 13:47, Jim Starluck wrote:
You can change your account name on a whim, so there's nothing stopping you from changing your old account's name to something else and making the new account with your original name.

I could change my name on the old account, but if I try and make a new account with the name I first started off with on the old account, it won't allow me to create and says Duplicate name found. Say, when I registered on my old account, my starting name is Steve the Pirate and I change that name to something else. When I then try and make another account after changing the name with the name of the new account called Steve the Pirate, it won't work.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-08 16:51   
2 names are reserved for any given account

1) the original login name, this doesnt change. you'll always be able to login using this name and nobody else will be able to use it
2) whichever current name is on the account

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-08 17:55   
make a new account with like the name Steve Ze Pirate or sommin if you want to do that.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Page created in 0.019905 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR