No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Reverse Jump?
 Author Reverse Jump?
Riley!
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-13 01:20   
Tonight is the first night Ive ever seen this happen, and it happened twice in a row... I jump a players rear side, begin to fire.. he then initiates a reverse jump and ends up a 200 gu in back of me instead of in front and now I'm the one who is at a disadvantage and getting pounded on.

I wouldn't care if this were a game feature because I then would be expecting it to happen and would probably change my tactics to accomodate this, however... as far as I was aware its not a feature.. it is a bug and the usage of it would be an exploit of said bug.

Somebody in the MV said that the staff were allowing this and that is was not an exploit. That doesnt seem right to me. What is the official ruling on this? Are we allowed to reverse jump in this manner?

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-13 01:27   
Its a really easy maneuvre.

if he does it, then you do it right after HE is then at the disadvantage. its too bad you didnt get on my posterior, as i woulda magically landed on yours.

the same thing happend when 'eccm pinging' was discovered. luthy players suddenly wondered why thier iwin cloak wasnt as awsome as it was before. this is a new tactic to learn and keep in mind.

[ This Message was edited by: Meko on 2010-04-13 01:29 ]

Email Meko
=Zeus=
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-13 01:35   
Well if the staff is allowing this to happen i would like to have this, it would work well for a luth. But as you know if it was a luth bug it would be stop ed so fast. but if its an exploits it needs to be stop ed

Nothing taste better than UGTO

Email =Zeus=
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-04-13 02:42   
Actually it is a bug that cropped up in one of the recent updates. As such use of it for an unfaire advantage constitutes exploiting and will be delt with as such.

We are already putting in a fix to remove this issue. In fact we've been debating reinstituting a minimum distance to the jump drive. Long long ago you couldn't jump to a point under 1000 gu. We are discussing what would be a reasonable minimum distance.

In the mean time, the short plot back jump IS AN EXPLOIT and will be punished.

Email Tael
Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-13 02:47   
Quote:

On 2010-04-13 02:17, ~Zeus~ wrote:
well i did it 2 times when i was playing ICC and i cant do it as a luth so its a bug and your exploiting it, It needs to stop. Think i will aske Faustus tomorrow and see what his take is on it.

Zeus you are very....
Look just cause YOU can't do it, it doesn't mean it is a bug. Backward jumping is really easy. I have done it as luth aswell. I have done it as ICC and as UGTO and it is really simple. So stop complaining just because you cannot do it.

-Val

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2010-04-13 13:24 ]

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-04-13 02:56   
Quote:

On 2010-04-13 02:47, Valkaryie - God of Order wrote:
Zeus you are very....
Look just cause YOU can't do it, it doesn't mean it is a bug. Backward jumping is really easy. I have done it as luth aswell. I have done it as ICC and as UGTO and it is really simple. So stop complaining just because you cannot do it.

-Val

Actuall Val, You need to look, and read the post right before yours that state it is a bug and if you are caught doing it you will be kicked and risk stats being reduced.

Email Tael
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-13 03:38   
Quote:

On 2010-04-13 02:42, Tael wrote:
Actually it is a bug that cropped up in one of the recent updates. As such use of it for an unfaire advantage constitutes exploiting and will be delt with as such.

We are already putting in a fix to remove this issue. In fact we've been debating reinstituting a minimum distance to the jump drive. Long long ago you couldn't jump to a point under 1000 gu. We are discussing what would be a reasonable minimum distance.

In the mean time, the short plot back jump IS AN EXPLOIT and will be punished.

Please make sure all devs are on the level then Tael.

we were told it was not a 'sploit.

Email Meko
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-04-13 05:00   
All of the staff have been told via the staff channels. A broadcast sent out and a post on this thread...

Suffice to say rock paper scissors, admin trumps staff...

Read the RoC, exploiting and bug or flaw to do something not intended is an exploit. Its obvious we never intended this.

I will kick/ban and stat reduce anyone caught exploiting it.

Email Tael
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-13 06:38   
Quote:

On 2010-04-13 01:38, Meko wrote:
its not an exploit OR a bug. its simple understanding of game mechanics.

intercepting and modifying data send to server to gain an advantage would also be
"understanding of game mechanics"

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-13 08:42   
Funny how people find a bug, abuse it so much, and then defend it and try to call it a "feature"

just Wow
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Page created in 0.019060 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR