No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Kluth cloaks, and kamakazi
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Kluth cloaks, and kamakazi
Jackal'
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-13 21:55   
Let me start by saying... I'm a ugto player, obviosly. But this post is not gonna be what you think, so keep reading!

First of all, luth cloaks are the best thing they coulda put into this game. I used to not think this, but every, EVERY time I get into a missile war with an icc fleet, I bash my head against the wall untill red stuff comes out, then my computer explodes. Making a faction that specializes in close range, hit and run tactics is a great mix up for both human sides to have to deal with. I get that kluth are neigh impossible to kill, But that doesn't make them OP, cuz any ugto or ICC ship can take on their luth counterpart and win a strait up battle with no cloak. Putting the cloak in makes up for the fact that kluth ships are squishy. I mean really, I can pit my carrier dread against a siphon or krill without cloak and pretty much win every time. adding the cloak evens the playing field. Yeah it's annoying when they cloak and run away. The only thing I would change about the kluth would be to lower the armor recharge a little, or maybe make the cloak just a little easier to track... but i'm content with the way things are now.

Secondly, Kamakazi. People, please stop whining about it. I was online today and people that I will not mention, we're hurling their stations at us and SD'ing trying to kill our dreads and suppies. several times, I saw The Fridge... whoops... jump in right past us and explode doing NOTHING to our ships. I lol'd and moved on. For the record, it's not against the ROC and all teams have done it so no one think that your faction is innocent.

Thirdly, and fourthly, I need to stick up for my breatheren. Ugto are NOT all planet huggers, we just can't ever find someone to show themselves and fight. And some of us that would rather patrol away from planets while their tranny rushed by kluth <_< >_> can't because no one will follow them. BUT, for the record, every time i've seen ugto called planet huggers in game, I was right after we fought ICC that were... hugging a planet lol.

Sorry about the spelling, and the attacks on the other factions. it's apparantly the DS way now.
Begin the pointless yelling and moaning here =>>

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-04-13 22:46   
Quote:

On 2010-04-13 21:55, -Jackal- wrote:

Secondly, Kamakazi. People, please stop whining about it. I was online today and people that I will not mention, we're hurling their stations at us and SD'ing trying to kill our dreads and suppies. several times, I saw The Fridge... whoops... jump in right past us and explode doing NOTHING to our ships. I lol'd and moved on. For the record, it's not against the ROC and all teams have done it so no one think that your faction is innocent.

And i still Gained Pres....

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-13 22:59   
Well , I just was telling some mates in the game today that we have to see everything from enemy point of view too. I know it is frustrating looking or waiting to be attacked by something that is invisible until pinging comes in .

And being a kami , well , you gotta know we wont stop until our target is down. While i belong to a kluth clan which is a hit and run faction , if you notice i never run until 10% hull? My job is leading my fleet/clan on a specific target. I will deal the most damage posible before i run. If i die trying , no problem i will be right top of you again from the nearest spawn point . So it is a kind of play style. Most of people (specialy very high ranked people) from other fleet / factions runs like chicken , we stay and kill or die.

But as i said many times before if a kluth doesnt want to die , there is no way to kill him in this game.

Anyway I enjoy this game very much and keep up the good work Faustus!

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-13 23:00   
Quote:

On 2010-04-13 22:46, The Fridge - God of Fried Chicken wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-04-13 21:55, -Jackal- wrote:

And i still Gained Pres....

Come to darkside i will teach you the old forbiden art of SDing.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-13 23:18   
this just goes to show that death penalty should be upped a bit.

if you can continually throw ship after ship to thier deaths, sometimes not even hitting anyone doing it, and GAIN prestiege? somethings amuck.

THIS is why we have a febuary 2010 player whos a grand admiral.

dont beleive me? look it up.

Email Meko
=Zeus=
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-13 23:57   
Quote:

On 2010-04-13 23:18, Meko wrote:
this just goes to show that death penalty should be upped a bit.

if you can continually throw ship after ship to thier deaths, sometimes not even hitting anyone doing it, and GAIN prestiege? somethings amuck.

THIS is why we have a febuary 2010 player whos a grand admiral.

dont beleive me? look it up.

Yes look me up i am a GA and worked my butt off to get it stop crying

Nothing taste better than UGTO

Email =Zeus=
Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-14 00:02   
Quote:

On 2010-04-13 23:57, ~Zeus~ wrote:
Yes look me up i am a GA and worked my butt off to get it stop crying

30 days, 15 hours, 45 min, 1 sec of Play time, you sure did work at it. I've been here for 5 years and only have 26 days of play time. But then again I did not play much for the first 4.9 years...

James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-14 00:48   
Leave it to Fridge to do wild and crazy stunts on DS, while gaining pres at the same time

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-14 03:33   
Was good fighting UGTO lastnight (GMT), with a small handful of Kluth ships I am sure we made some hinderance to reclaiming R33 back. Hats off to Pakhos for sticking 4 hours plus in a piercer, and yes we needed it considering the force we encountered lastnight.
It was fun and enjoyable aswell as being tense at times (ECCM net) really made us more cautious in attacking. And when facing 8+ dreads of various elk it was quite a sight.
Goes to show with co-ordination a cloaked kluth dread can be very visible when you want it to be.
Shame ICC disappeared when Skyline was captured.

Salute.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-14 05:39   
The only reason anyone is sding nowdays has nothing to do with low prestige loss. Its trying to gain rank on the kami list. Thats the only reason I do it, but I dont think anyone here could accuse me of just "throwing away" ships. For me, its more like, well, cant jump, cnt cloak....hmmmmmm control d x2..........hey I got some pres outa that

The battles are getting better. Still far too much planet hugging, but maybe that will be changing as humans learn to fight luth again.

ICC pings better than UGTO, for the record. Had a much tougher time vs them than UGTO last night.

However, you noobs still dont do much good without a dictor. Truth is, we only died because we were stupid and pj'd in. Every time we PJ'd in it went bad. When we were green on the drive and engaged, we generally got our target and then away. Fact is, we all know better than to PJ in to a battle, and we just played stupid, but you did well to take advantage. I only mention this so you dont get complacent.

[as for 1 month GAs, thats the reason PvE servers need to be removed. No pilot makes that kind of prestige facing human opponents in 30 days. Sorry, it just 'taint true. I was one of the fastest GA rankers when I joined, and that still took nearly 9 months of solid MV play in .481/.482. This is a pretty bad system breaker that needs to be addressed.]
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2010-04-14 05:45 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-04-14 06:04   
Tbh i Gained Pres Overall, there were SD'd were i gained nothing despite being in a cluster of stations, dunno why.

But you only gain pres from jumping on top of a cluster of tightly packed enemy, And well you all know what uggies are like for hugging each other and there planets =)

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-14 07:12   
ICC ships overall have better EW, that's why they ping "better". AD has an EW slot, for example, whereas the UGTO EAD doesn't.

Satenki
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-14 09:31   
Quote:
Thirdly, and fourthly, I need to stick up for my breatheren. Ugto are NOT all planet huggers, we just can't ever find someone to show themselves and fight.

I blame the introduction of interdictors =/

Tridgit
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-14 09:43   
Quote:

On 2010-04-14 09:31, Satenki wrote:
Quote:
Thirdly, and fourthly, I need to stick up for my breatheren. Ugto are NOT all planet huggers, we just can't ever find someone to show themselves and fight.

I blame the introduction of interdictors =/

and by introduction you mean "fixing of interdictors"

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-14 10:27   
i enjoy SDing on ugto ships. and ugto players are dumb enough to let them self stay clumped up on each other.. gained 500+ kami points thanks to that.

Email Borgie
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023657 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR