No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +5.7 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » Someone needs to report them for Friendly Fire!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Someone needs to report them for Friendly Fire!!
Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-14 20:04   
I’m looking down the front of my uniform nice and crisp. Crease lines in all the proper places trying to find any signs of dust or lint on the badges, patches, and uniform fabric. There is a dull roar in the room with a light hint of smoke in the air with the lights shining through it like those damn disruptors and how they like to pierce right through your ship. Music playing in the background a light jazz if I am not mistaken. Between the dull roar and the light jazz it reminds me of flight school. We were young back then eighteen to twenty flying around like nothing could touch us. We used multiple radios in the cockpits and good thing because our flight leader liked to play music while we flew our formations and with the rest of the light chatter on the radios… Yeah it kind of reminds me of the room I am in now.

One of the waiters in the room spots me and begins to approach me. I am not used to being approached by unfamiliar people. The time I have spent out in the deep cold blackness of space has taught me to be close to my shipmates because they are all we have out here. Anyone unfamiliar is usually a dead person they just don’t know it yet. Unfamiliarity usually equals spy or assassin. I must keep my calm and allow this person to approach me without reacting. I feel a bead of sweat forming on my brow and I feel my heart starting to beat harder and harder. I am ready to pounce but I know I cannot. My hands are firmly gripped on the arms of my chair. “Relax” I tell myself, “just take a deep breath” the waiter finally gets to my side and hands me a menu. I simply sit there and stare at him, “I must look like a freaking fool right now” I think to myself. The waiter looks down at my hands and sees that my fingers are almost white and he notices the sweat on my face.

“Its okay he says. Must be your first day back?” He asked almost knowing exactly what I am going through right now.

I nod my head at him. I tried to talk but just could not find the words to come out.
“I am going to put this menu on the table and you just take a look at it when you ready. Can I get you something to drink?”

It takes me a few minutes to collect myself and finally snap out of kill mode. I let go of the handles on the chair and just feel the blood rushing into my finger tips. I am able to reach up and grab the menu and turn it over. I look over the drink options and select a bottle of beer. I point to the selection and the waiter says,
“Very good I will bring it right out.”

Well that wasn’t very hard, I just smirk at myself. What the hell was I thinking I was ready to kill that guy. Damn I need to relax and just take it easy. It is easier said then done. Spending almost 2 years with just your shipmates and hardly ever seeing a port or supply ship of any sorts. You tend to really close yourself off to the world. Our mission is very secretive no one can know about it except for the UGTO high command. All that can be said is that it was a successful mission but was met with great opposition from our prey. We started our mission with a little over 800 men and woman on our boat and returned with a little less then half of that. We certainly had our hands full for a good part of the mission.

The waiter returned with my drink and places it on the table with a white frosted over glass. He begins to pour the beer into the glass. You could tell that it was nice cold beer and a nice cold glass there was barely any froth forming at the top. “God I only wish I had this on the ship.” I thought to myself. He finished pouring the bottle and he started to place it down on the table. I quickly threw my hand out there and grabbed the bottle just before he placed it down. I loosened my grip a little and allowed the waiter to remove his hand from the bottle. I tipped it over the cup again and allowed the last few drops to come out of the bottle and then I put the bottle down. I looked up at the waiter,

“Sorry its just I am so used t…….”

“No need to say anything Sir. I understand, nothing will be wasted.

Thinking to myself “God I am such a anal prick.” I flipped the menu open and looked at all the options for food. The food options looked alright. Looked the same as the menu on my ship. The only good thing about being in command was better food and bigger living quarters.
“I will have the 10oz. steak.”

“Sir, today that comes with baked potato and our house vegetable. Also there is a lady sitting at the bar and she was wondering if she could come over here to meet you. She is a regular in here so I know her well I am sure there is no hidden agendas with her.” The waiter cracks a smile at me.
I put my head down slightly and smile. “Yes that will be quite fine, send her on over.”
The waiter walks away from me with my order and approaches the lady. She looks to be about my age maybe slightly younger. She is wearing a red dress that is shining in the beams of light coming from the ceiling. As she stands I see that the dress is skin tight on her and shows off all her beautiful and perfect curves. “Wow I have been out in space way to long.” I think to myself. Usually it takes more then just looking to get me a little hot under the collar but obviously I have been out of port for far to long. The clicking of the heels on her shoes gets louder and louder as she approaches. I noticed as she approaches that she is wearing a wedding ring on her properly manicured finger. I look down at my beer feeling a bit shameful for even wanting to look for that.

“Hi there my name is Alisha, mind if I sit here and join you for supper?”

I look up at her and smile. Then say “Absolutely I would be honored to have you join me.” I start to stand up from the table and she puts her hand out as if to signal me to remain seated. The waiter came around behind her chair and pulled it out for her and she sat down. The waiter helped adjust the chair in towards the table.

The waiter looks at Alisha, “miss will it be the usual for you?”

“Yes I think that would be appropriate.”

“So what can I do for you Miss…?” I looked into her eyes.

“…Alisha is fine, and your name Sir?” She said to me in the gentlest voice.

“Chris will be fine; it is nice to meet you.”

“Chris huh? What do they call you by on the ship?

“Challenger.” I grabbed my beer and took a sip of it, “Can I get you a drink?” I am such an idiot for not asking in the first place.

“Oh, no.” She chuckles “thank you anyway but the waiter knows what I want.”

“What do you want Alisha? I know I have been away for quite a while but excuse me for noticing the ring on your finger and usually a married woman does not approach a man in a bar and ask to join them. I could be mistaken though like I said it has been a while since I have been around.”

Alisha stares at me for a few seconds and starts to laugh. Laugh at me? Well this isn’t turning out to be a good meeting at all.
“No, no you have it all wrong. You see my husband and child died…” her smile started to die away and a more serious look came over her face. “I am flattered,” she smirks a little and looks me in the eyes. “My family was killed about one year ago on an outpost in the Sagittarius part of space. I don’t know exactly because the UGTO high command would not tell me exactly what happened. Only that I lost them.” She looks down at her finger and begins to play with her ring with her thumb. I already know what the next words are going to be that come out of her mouth… blah blah blah I just want to know the truth behind what happened to them… She begins to say “I know it was the KLUTH.”

The dull roar in the restaurant began to get really quiet. She pulls a small mallet out of her pocket book and places it on the table. I am staring straight into her eyes. I feel all the eyes on the room fixed on me. All I see is gray around her face I am so focused on her. Stunned by what I hear finally I manage to find my words.

I slide my chair out from the table. It screeches across the wooden floor and makes a God awful noise. The room falls silent, the music stops. You could hear a pin drop from across the room right now. I stand up and simply look around the room. In fact everyone in the room obviously heard what she had said or noticed that everyone else was being quiet and saw me stand so the rest of them shut their mouths. “I am only going to say this once!!!” The back swinging kitchen door opened and some of the kitchen staff popped their heads out to hear my announcement. “There is no, will never be… any KLUTH or alien UFOs flying around.

She cupped her hand over something and began to slide it across the table towards me.

“But I hav…”

My hand started to go towards the firearm on the side of my belt. “My generosity in allowing you to have a warning will cease Ma’am if you continue your sentence!” I said to her very sternly.

“But I hav…”

-To be continued.

[ This Message was edited by: *Challenger* to make a title change on 2010-04-16 20:05 ]

Edited to change the title.
[ This Message was edited by: *Challenger* on 2010-04-19 01:37 ]

Edited to change the title.
[ This Message was edited by: Challenger on 2010-09-29 16:34 ]

Email Challenger
SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-04-14 20:58   
*raises from his seat and begins to applaud*

James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-15 00:52   
This is an *raises left eye brow* interesting read

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-15 03:50   
I only read the last few sentances... And I want to read more. It is a really long read and I don't have the patience to read it all.

-Gives a Standing Ovatian-

Plz give us MOAR

-Apollo

Izzy
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-04-15 06:57   
i applaud thee. great story so far. please continue

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-15 10:51   
I like, please continue.

Email -Shadowalker-™
Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-15 13:21   
In my opinion that was rather well written and I look forward to the next issue.

Keep up the good work

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
MaGoo
Fleet Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-04-15 19:59   
Id like to hear some more

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-16 20:06   
“But I have the need to show you something. All I ask is that you take a look.”

My hand that was still going towards my firearm pauses for a moment. The room is still silent and anticipation you could tell is tearing people’s minds apart. She slides an item across the table and removes her hand revealing a piece of jewelry. A necklace of some sort, a very beat up necklace with a coin looking medallion at the bottom of a somewhat gold chain. It appears the coin has some red infused metal on it. I look slightly to the left and right. People are still starring at me as if waiting for me to pull my sidearm out and destroy this frail looking life in front of me. I look back at Alisha and sit back down still not sliding my chair in though and still looking a bit uncomfortable. I reach across and pick up the necklace. It only takes me a minute to realize what I am looking at. I am not sure if at one point this was around someone’s neck or had just been sitting on a table somewhere but what is apparent is the metal that is infused into it. I reach down and grab it and bring it closer to my face. I see the medallion and the red material that is infused into it. It is the same material of the ships that I have been hunting down for the past 2 years. I know what this is and I fear she knows it as well.

I look up at Alisha and say, “where did you get this from?”

“An ICC trader ship that was near the system my family went missing. This is the necklace I gave to my husband just before I left my family to attend flight school here in Sol. The material infused into it is K…….” She pauses for a moment. “Well I am unfamiliar with the material.”

I know she knows exactly what she has here but she also knows that she cannot talk about it. We consider all things KLUTH or Alien as propaganda and anyone talking about it will be shot on sight with extreme prejudice. The music begins to play again and people are starting to talk once more. I notice that the kitchen staff has also retreated back to their mundane jobs. I place the necklace in my right jacket pocket. The waiter begins to approach us from across the restaurant now with our dinners in hand.

In a quiet voice she begins to say to me, “I know we are not supposed to talk about it but I just want you to know that what we know is not out there I have an extreme distaste for and am looking for any opportunity to find my family or find out what happened to them.”

“Alisha, I do not know what you think is out there but…”

Just then the waiter made it to the side of our table and begins to spread our plates out to us. Steak plate with rolls for me and a lobster place with soup for her. She picks up the small mallet that she had grabbed out of her purse before and grabs the lobster and strikes one of its claws. She then puts the mallet down and twists the claw right off the body and then places her elbow on the table and raises her hand holding the claw up before pulling the fractured shell from the meat.

“I know exactly what is out there,” she says with extreme certainty. “One way or another I will hunt down what it was that stole my life from me.”

She brings up her other hand and begins to rip the shell from the meat. I look down at my plate and smirk to myself. I begin cutting into my steak and for a moment we both seem to be at peace while we eat. The waiter brings over a pitcher and tops off our glasses with water then leaves.

“Alisha, how did you manage to get away from the ICC with your life? They really don’t take kindly to UGTO faction members it doesn’t matter to them if you are military or not.”

She just smiles back at me. “You just need to know how to talk to them that is all. I mean they are all just a bunch of complaining babies. Coddle them properly and you would be surprised with what you can get away with.”

“I am surprised at that. I see them as honorable people and would rather be dealing with them then other things that seem to be floating around out there.”

“So tell me please what you plan to do with my necklace? That is all I really have left from my family everything else was lost when they went missing. I mean if there is nothing else out there then there is no reason for you to keep the necklace right?”

I take another bite of my potato and think about what she has just said. After a moment I say to her, “I need to take this with me. I am due very soon for a debriefing from my mission. You give me your information and I will make sure to get it back to you.” I sort of look around the room as if to tell her that I cannot talk about it in a public venue.

“That will be fine with me.” She pulls out a pen and a piece of paper from her purse and begins to write. “You can call me or come see me any time you want.” She then smiles.

What an odd person this is. If I didn’t know any better I am thinking that she wants to meet again. I can only wonder if she has any hidden agendas. With my stomach a little full and sickly feeling from the emotional rollercoaster this whole evening has been I reach into my back pocket and pull some credits out and place them on the table.

“Allow me to pay for your meal. They send me out on this long mission and I earn all these credits and have no where to spend them.” She seems to accept my generosity and does not put up a fuss on the matter.

As I stand up from the table she stands up as well. I notice someone sitting in the corner of the restaurant staring at us and he also pushes his chair out with his legs but does not stand up quite yet. He has been staring at us for most of the time that we have been together. He is a good 200 feet from where we are and there is something about him that is making me feel a little uncomfortable.

I say to Alisha, “Wait here a moment and I will walk you out.”

She sees who I am looking at and begin to walk towards. “Wait its okay, how about you walk me out now?”

I ignore her request and continue walking towards the man. He is a medium built man who looks like he could put up a pretty good fight. No need for me to worry though with all the training I have I know he will be brought down quick. Besides all I really want to do is find out why he is starring at us. He is wearing a long black coat that is almost touching the floor with him sitting. It is difficult to see what he is wearing underneath the jacket. Also racing through my head is the thought of Alisha wanting me to just leave with her and not approach this man.

As I get closer to him he quickly slides his chair out, stands up, and begins to reach into his jacket. Adrenaline surges through my entire body and I quickly bolt for his arm. I make contact with it and push it into his body while pushing him back towards the wall.

I feel a sharp pain in the back of my head and the room begins to fade…

Email Challenger
Tenebrean
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-16 21:26   
oh wow im impressed! i need more to read ^^

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-04-16 21:32   
MORE MORE MORE! you should make a book id buy it lol

[ This Message was edited by: CRAZY45. on 2010-04-16 21:42 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-16 21:47   
*Jumps out of his seat to clap his hands and trips on the foot rest* man thats good you should write a book

James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-17 00:00   
Hmmmm.....complex yet interesting, I want to read more of this.

P.S. I feel like I'm read one of the books I normally read, which is very good indeed

Lord Raiden *Super Sup*
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-04-17 03:24   
Good god Challenger.. make this into a book and sell it.. i would buy it.

this rocks so far, keep it up

Quote:

JBud:
Collision detection is funny huh? amazing how it can detect a tiny pcannon projectile hitting you, but a whole planet? nothing is there!

Email Lord Raiden *Super Sup*
Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-19 01:37   
I know that my eyes are open but things are slowly beginning to fade back to normality. Immediately I notice that the name I had jumped is also lying on the ground next to me. I look up and see a security officer holding a stun weapon in his left hand. He has an extremely nervous look on his face and there is a sea of bodies standing around starting to form a semi circle around us.

The security guard says, “Sorry Admiral I didn’t mean to hit you I was aiming for the man you went after. He was going to pull this ICC weapon out from under his jacket.”

He brings his right hand up revealing the weapon to me. Yup, it is a standard issue ICC sidearm alright. He then places it in his left hand and manages to hold onto both it and the stun weapon at the same time while extending his right arm to me to help me get to my feet. I throw my left hand up and grab his wrist and begin to pull myself to my feet. At the same time doing this I reach for my sidearm with my right hand. I get a firm grip on it and pull it out and place the tip of the gun to the security guards chest. I feel that he is wearing his vest armor but that is no match for my 5.7mm armor piercing round in my gun.

BANG!!.....

BANG!!.....

I fire off two rounds into his chest without hesitation. He looks at me with a surprised look and drops the items in his left hand they fall to the ground as my spent shells hit the floor. Some screams and yelling are let out from the crowd and people start falling over each other trying to get away. I turn my weapon to the man laying on the floor that I had gone after before and fired off a round into his chest. I felt a hand fall on my shoulder and I quickly spun around and saw that it was Alisha. I brought my left hand up and grabbed her by the throat and squeezed down. She was shocked and powerless to my grip and she didn’t put up much of a fight at all. She just held onto my arm as to beg for her life and her eyes screamed the same thing at me. She just could not talk at that moment. Through the front door came a man who was a large built figure. He wore a lower ranked UGTO Military outfit. I looked out the window and saw that there were more people running to the restaurant from the WKA Bar n’ Grill from across the street. The man struggled to get into the door with all the people running out.

I knew that I only had 17 rounds left without having to reload so I needed to move quickly. I fired off two more rounds to the large man running towards me. The bullets pierced him and hit one other person behind him they both quickly dropped to the floor. The security guard that I first shot has now stopped moving on the floor and I thought to myself, “Now is a better time than any to get the hell out of here.” As I got closer to the door I fired off another shot into a person running out striking him in his lower back and it scared everyone into lying on the ground. The men running across the street saw me coming out with a woman’s throat in one hand and a firearm in the other. The weaponless men hit the ground and a few scattered behind some objects.

I reached into my pocket and hit a button unlocking the doors to my vehicle. I placed my sidearm on top of my vehicle and opened the passenger door and threw Alisha in. I reached up top grabbed my gun and reached into the car and cracked her over the head knocking her unconscious. I quickly got into my car with sirens closing on my position in the background and quickly sped off to the ship docking area. My heart was beating more calmly now then it has all night as if to tell me this was right. I know though being a UGTO officer that what I have done is completely wrong. Nevertheless with my one free hand I open my communicator and press a button.

A voice on the other side says, “Admiral we have been awaiting your call are you done with your debriefing? The ship is just about ready to get underway and we have brought some fresh bodies on board.” The voice on the other end was Jack. He is one of my most trusted officers who have been in battle and on missions for the last 10 years. He goes by the name Jackal.

“I never made it to my meeting but get the ship ready and warm the engines up. Meet me at the dock with a few men…. There is a storm coming and we need to beat feet out of here.”

“Understood Sir, we will be ready for you.”

I notice some flashing lights coming up behind me and quickly realize it is UGTO security force trying to catch up to me. I feel my foot bury itself into the accelerator and the vehicle begins to accelerate. Alisha is starting to come around now rubbing her head and gasping for air. I know that I squeezed down on her throat pretty hard. I put my gun in my right hand and pointed it at her head. she slides down her seat and crouches down towards the floor of the car.

I say to her, “You have two choices either listen to me or die.”

A moment goes by and she mutters out, “I will do what ever you tell me to do.”

Just then a spot light from above shines down on my car. It is a UGTO scout ship hunting me down. They begin to fire warning shots in the roadway in front of me. I am about 2 miles from the space dock when I look out in front of me in the distance and see tracer rounds flying through the air and begin to rip into the scout ship above me. The scout ship rolls off to the right side and strikes the ground causing a large fireball to go flying into the air.

My communicator chirps up, “Admiral we see you coming in and are ready to depart!”

We are now only a mile away from the front gate and now the security vehicles have caught up to us. More fire breaks out from the darkness in front of us. Tracer rounds go flying past our car and start tearing into the pursuing vehicles behind us. We are at the gate now and the sentries at the gate see that it is me and are just stunned by what they see and do not know how to react. My vehicle goes crashing through the front gate and I continue speeding to the lower base. The alarms are now going off and spot lights are moving around trying to look for our car. I quickly shut the headlights off and drop the clip out of my gun and put a fresh magazine into the gun.

“Where are you taking me?” Alisha says in a frightened voice

“We are going to my ship and I am taking you away from here. You said you want answers well I will give them to you if you tell me what you know. But first we need to get away from this dock.” You can just make out the silhouette of my ship. It is a Naraka class Battleship that has been outfitted for electronic deep space warfare. It is a very large ship about 1200 Meters in length (between the size of a dread and cruiser)

My communicator chirps up again, “Sir we have multiple locks on us… your orders?”

Without hesitation I respond, “Open Fire!”

We are approximately 500 feet from the ship when all of a sudden all the docking lights on the ship light up turning the entire area from night into daylight. Auto cannons, lasers, and cannons start firing into the buildings and towers on the base. You can feel the concussive blows in your chest even from 400 feet away as we get closer to the ship. The base begins to fire back onto the ship striking it all over. The ship continues to fire back creating fireballs all around us.

“It is going to get loud and hot. When I stop the car you need to get out and get close to me as fast as you can. Take those fancy chick shoes off and get ready to run for your life. No one cares who you are and they will shoot you so you need to move fast. It will be safe inside my ship.”

She begins to take her shoes off. “Okay I am with you, just don’t hit me again.”

“Well much worse will happen unless you move your tail and get in the ship so be ready.”

We are near the ship now close enough to stop the vehicle and get out and run for it. I sharply jam on the breaks and the car comes to a halt in front of the open hatch with the ramp leading up to it. God!!! There is so much noise in the car it is unreal. The mirrors are vibrating like crazy and it feels like the car is about to fall apart.

I look at Alisha and yell to her, “we need to go and I hope you are ready. I am not going to force you to come with me but I promise if you stay here you will have a certain violent death!!”

I fling open my car door……

Email Challenger
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022772 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR