No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Scrapping structures of planet before it gets capped
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Scrapping structures of planet before it gets capped
Draxcyn
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-18 02:03   
Ok earlier today got me really pissed it became a tranny rush wars which i may blame ugto team for scrapping structures before the planet was capped.

so is scrapping a planets structures before the is capped allowed?????

seriously if this is allowed im really disappointed of that type of rule then i would scrap the SY and all the structures of the planet of each and every team of each single planet. i dont care if i lose pres to midshipman what happened earlier today was very unfair/frustrating.

not replying to anything...

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-18 02:11   
It is allowed. Players lose prestige when doing so, which we consider an adequate trade off for being able to weaken the enemy when they are taking over your planets. It is perfectly reasonable for a retreating army to sabotage or weaken that which is about to be captured, hence our allowing it.

Email Mithrandir
Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-18 02:16   
I dont understand why this is allowed. It should be considered Griefing there for against the ROC. But thats just me and I dont count for anything.
[ This Message was edited by: Nightsabre on 2010-04-18 02:16 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-18 02:17   

Scorched Earth policy. Raze everything as you retreat. Leave nothing useful behind for your enemy.

I would do that. Makes perfect sense.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-04-18 02:38   
If you are actively playing on a faction and are loosing the war and know you cant hold or recap your planet, you are permitted to scorch earth the planet while you still hold it, ie you can scrap all the useful structures to deny your enemy use of the planet once they have it.

ie, if you see the enemy come in with 5 transports and drop 50 inf on your planet that only has 10 inf left, you know you cant hope to hold or keep that planet. You also know you have about one minute till the enemy takes possession of that planet. You can scrap structures while taking the points penalty in order to deny the enemy use of your facilities.

This is often done by retreating armys, destroying facilities and assets so they don't fall into enemy hands.

If you log in to the opposing faction solely with the purpose of scrapping or disabling their planets so that you or your friends/team can then just walk in and easily cap the planet, that is grieffing and sabotauging against the RoC.

ie, you use an account and turn off all the structures or remove some and pull off all the infantry and put them somewhere else, then log back in or have your friends come in and then cap the planets.

This is cheating and exploiting and will earn each of the participating party a kick/ban and possible stat reduction.

Email Tael
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-18 05:16   
Generally I'll turn off all important structures so you lose the full population on a planet, and occasionally I'll remove an Interdictor if the planet is in a strategically uncomfortable position for my team were it in your hands.

General consent is that scrapping planets isn't the most sportsman of strategies, but it is a valid one - nonetheless few players will appreciate needless scrapping of planets.

General rule of thumb is to only scrap planets that have strategic value by way of Massive Depots, Shipyard, Interdictor In Commonly Used Starlanes and It's Just A Damn Chokepoint.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-18 05:41   
Quote:

On 2010-04-18 02:38, Tael wrote:
If you are actively playing on a faction and are loosing the war and know you cant hold or recap your planet, you are permitted to scorch earth the planet while you still hold it, ie you can scrap all the useful structures to deny your enemy use of the planet once they have it.

ie, if you see the enemy come in with 5 transports and drop 50 inf on your planet that only has 10 inf left, you know you cant hope to hold or keep that planet. You also know you have about one minute till the enemy takes possession of that planet. You can scrap structures while taking the points penalty in order to deny the enemy use of your facilities.

This is often done by retreating armys, destroying facilities and assets so they don't fall into enemy hands.

If you log in to the opposing faction solely with the purpose of scrapping or disabling their planets so that you or your friends/team can then just walk in and easily cap the planet, that is grieffing and sabotauging against the RoC.

ie, you use an account and turn off all the structures or remove some and pull off all the infantry and put them somewhere else, then log back in or have your friends come in and then cap the planets.

This is cheating and exploiting and will earn each of the participating party a kick/ban and possible stat reduction.

Yup.

Hit the nail right on the head. The diff between a genuine tactical decision n a griefer.

G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-18 16:32   
I don't like the concept of scrapping- it seems a bit unsportsmanlike, but then again, I don't like anything about how planets are bombed and capped.

Sputter{TB}
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-04-18 16:43   
yea i don't see any problem with this, i personally don't do it cause i'm greedy and like my pres but people also like to just tranny rush and a lot on mv uggies like to wh fish, so its all part of the game

Email Sputter{TB}
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-04-18 20:13   
Hi. Welcome do Darkspace. You take my planets, I'll boff you in the bum for it!

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
James T. Krunk
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-18 22:41   
I am really confused where sportsmanship fits into war?

Email James T. Krunk
Glaceon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-18 23:15   
what about just caping for 5-10 mins scrap everything then pull out????!!!
lol cause that what they did it was annoying

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-18 23:21   
Quote:

On 2010-04-18 16:32, G.Adm. Kirk wrote:
I don't like the concept of scrapping- it seems a bit unsportsmanlike, but then again, I don't like anything about how planets are bombed and capped.

Like what Bradbury said below..... Sportsmanship in war?
Unless you gonna pound your enemy down to 5% hull then let him walk off unmolested, yer not making any sense.....

Quote:

On 2010-04-18 22:41, Fleet Admiral Bradbury wrote:
I am really confused where sportsmanship fits into war?

Quote:

On 2010-04-18 23:15, Mal2103 {R33} wrote:
what about just caping for 5-10 mins scrap everything then pull out????!!!
lol cause that what they did it was annoying

Then do it back to them.

Besides, they scrap, you get your Construction points when rebuilding. I don't see what's the problem.

Let's try to give the construction industry a little push in this horrible economy....

G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-19 00:12   
This is a video game. The players' attitudes make or break the atmosphere of the game. If I am negatively affected by scrapping, chances are good that I will go play TF2 instead. Just because it "makes sense in a war" doesn't mean that it has a place in a war game

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-19 00:23   
Quote:

On 2010-04-19 00:12, G.Adm. Kirk wrote:
This is a video game. The players' attitudes make or break the atmosphere of the game. If I am negatively affected by scrapping, chances are good that I will go play TF2 instead. Just because it "makes sense in a war" doesn't mean that it has a place in a war game

Some ppl seek realism in games. Or as much so.

So I'm supposed to hand my fully built planet to you on a silver platter once your troops land on it?

Negatory. I'll try to save the planet first, and if I'm gonna lose it, I'm gonna raze it. Why give your faction a tactical advantage? Doesn't make sense, does it?

If I raze the planet just before you cap it.... I might have an easier time recapping it.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021248 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR