Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Scrapping structures of planet before it gets capped
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Scrapping structures of planet before it gets capped
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-19 01:15   
There has been a discussion before that when a planet is blockaded, you shouldnt be able to scrap, or something like that. Or only ifyour in orbit, or only ifyou have a build device. What ever happened to that idea?

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-19 01:31   
Quote:

On 2010-04-19 01:15, Sixkiller wrote:
There has been a discussion before that when a planet is blockaded, you shouldnt be able to scrap, or something like that. Or only if your in orbit, or only if you have a build device. What ever happened to that idea?

all bad, thats what happened.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-19 03:19   
Quote:

There has been a discussion before that when a planet is blockaded, you shouldnt be able to scrap, or something like that. Or only ifyour in orbit, or only ifyou have a build device. What ever happened to that idea?

I second that idea! Basically because i don't see the reason that some whimp 50k gu away can destroy an planet.

On the note on planet scraping, it is a good tactic to destroy it but i think it should cost a lot more then it does now.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-19 03:34   
Quote:

On 2010-04-19 03:19, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:
Quote:

I second that idea! Basically because i don't see the reason that some whimp 50k gu away can destroy an planet.

On the note on planet scraping, it is a good tactic to destroy it but i think it should cost a lot more then it does now.

there not destroying the planet there ordering the populace to scrap the buildings. Yes the person giving the order takes the pres hit.

Scrapping costs the same pres as it dose building it, any more and it would break building.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

Email Starcommander
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-19 05:43   
Make the pres loss double if the planet is blockaded

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-19 05:45   

Just wondering....

U can bomb your own planet/structures right?

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-19 06:32   
Quote:

On 2010-04-19 05:45, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Just wondering....

U can bomb your own planet/structures right?

yes but it counts as FF in your pres loss.

Scorched Earth policy works both ways. If you know the planet is gonna get capped, then you scrap it. Leaving it weakened so that either side can cap it back easier. Also slows your opponent down so he has to devote a ship to rebuild the planet so they can secure there holdings. Giving you time to regroup and counter attack.

Email Starcommander
Dreadknight
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-19 06:33   
Quote:

On 2010-04-18 02:17, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Scorched Earth policy. Raze everything as you retreat. Leave nothing useful behind for your enemy.

I would do that. Makes perfect sense.

Agreed

Email Dreadknight
jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-19 06:39   
i am just wondering wether we should kill a topic thats been brought up so many times i mean come on people look for a sense of realism in this game and this what gives it. plus if it happened everysingle time in every single server in every single game that would be anorying the odd razing every once in a while is not anorying it may ping you off abit but its nothing i mean what army thats losing badly hasn't done that and doubling the loss is would just stop people building and the ai would do it (and we all know what ai planets look like ) so why bring this up it keeps getting shot down and everyone knows dam well they anit going to change it because its just fine.

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-04-19 07:41   
the only part of this that is against the RoC is when a player switches factions only to weaken that factions planets wether to cap them or not.... that is sabotage and I belive that is the only miss use of scrapping and or turning off structures.

otherwise if an enemy is going to cap a planet and you scrap it they should consider it bombed because thats what it will look like if they bombed it to the stone age lol

i personally have scrapped before but now i feel it is more beneficial to ones pres just turn everything off before it caps then comeback and retake it later

either way if i find scrapped planets i simply look at it like ... now I have something to build

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-19 08:31   
i razed planets that were about to be capped. i feel if im gonna lose an sy planet its best to remove that sy and other importian buildings on that planet.

Email Borgie
Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-19 13:58   
Well i have no problem with the scorched earth policy, used to be far more important back in the day though, Like OMG there gonna get our luth colony tech!!! scrap it.

Now a dayz though who really cares, honestly theres no cappable MV. Planets dont mean crap without the importance of hypermatter and watnot for structures or weapons. I guess if theres a fleet of players willing to do so now like always than all i have too say is scrapping now just dunt make sense anymore but if ya want to do it more power too ya. Well there is the whole getting a foothold in a system but bleh its the same system we've been fighting in for a year prettty muchly.

G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-19 14:49   
Quote:

I really like this idea. Seconded.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-04-19 17:27   
Guys, seriously... why is this STILL a discussion 6 years on?

This is a COMPETETIVE game. Our objective is to BLOW EACHOTHER UP and you're getting your panties in a wad because you aren't given an automatic fully functional killing machine headquarters smack dab in the front lines on a silver frickin platter? Listen to yourself. That's like asking to be let out of an ambush that someone set up because "it wasn't fair" or for an ICC Destroyer to lower their shields because you are equipped with mostly missiles that won't be able to hit him.

Take a moment, step back, and listen to what the frak ya sayin, 'cause you ALL sortsa messed up right now, seriously.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-19 22:58   
Quote:

On 2010-04-19 17:27, Coeus wrote:
Guys, seriously... why is this STILL a discussion 6 years on?

This is a COMPETETIVE game. Our objective is to BLOW EACHOTHER UP and you're getting your panties in a wad because you aren't given an automatic fully functional killing machine headquarters smack dab in the front lines on a silver frickin platter? Listen to yourself. That's like asking to be let out of an ambush that someone set up because "it wasn't fair" or for an ICC Destroyer to lower their shields because you are equipped with mostly missiles that won't be able to hit him.

Take a moment, step back, and listen to what the frak ya sayin, 'cause you ALL sortsa messed up right now, seriously.

LOL. Right on.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023143 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR