Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Scouts need nerfing....BAD!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Scouts need nerfing....BAD!
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-04-21 08:06   
Quote:
On 2010-04-20 13:47, CRAZY45. wrote:
i think scouts should have QST about 10 photon torps and 25 flux beams i think that would fix ur problem =-)(

No armor, No engines, No reactors.
Sjure i think we can allow a configuration like that

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-21 08:38   
Quote:

On 2010-04-20 04:28, Shigernafy wrote:
Cloak just disables the ability to make a new lock on a ship; weapons already fired can still do damage, though. So a beam hitting a cloaked ship will damage it.

that makes me think about something.

a long long time ago you could easily spot where a cloaked ship were by ctrl klicking and dragging while the beams were fiering (the beams wouldn't fire as long when a ship came into them, i have noticed now that this isnt working anymore, and that the only way to find cloaked ships is to ctrl klick and fire at that point only.

is this intended?

Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-21 11:34   
Quote:

On 2010-04-21 08:38, Jar Jar Binks wrote:

that makes me think about something.

a long long time ago you could easily spot where a cloaked ship were by ctrl klicking and dragging while the beams were fiering (the beams wouldn't fire as long when a ship came into them, i have noticed now that this isnt working anymore, and that the only way to find cloaked ships is to ctrl klick and fire at that point only.

is this intended?

Nope it still works just have to do it right. I do it by picking a point then placing my mouse over it and holding ctrl. if you are near enough to the point you picked it will snap to your mouse.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-21 17:17   
yeah i know how i can move the beams, they just dont seem to "hit" anything even tho i know theres something there as i can hit it just shooting at the spot without moving the point.

even the cannons isnt picking anything up that way anymore.

Dorans imaginary buddy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-27 17:38   
i have a good ex for this topic, i was in a scale and i fire lasers and tops at a scout the torps missed and the lasers did near no damage to the scout, it seems i have been coming up against some kind of super scout the ugto is testing eh? or are my laser cannons just loose? lol

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-27 17:42   
You lag A LOT SoF, so I wouldn't be surprised if you think you're within range, but the scout is out of range.

Any object out of beam range, will not receive damage from your beams (even if they're firing).

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-27 18:04   
Quote:

On 2010-04-21 17:17, Jar Jar Binks wrote:
yeah i know how i can move the beams, they just dont seem to "hit" anything even tho i know theres something there as i can hit it just shooting at the spot without moving the point.

even the cannons isnt picking anything up that way anymore.

Probably an issue on your end, unless something has changed in the last month and a half. I have always used this tactic ( and screamed at humans for two years to re-discover it, btw), and a few months ago when I tooled about as a human for a while, I used it with great success. I am wondering if perhaps you have desynch?

But something could have possibly happened very recently that changed that. But I know it was working right up to about 2 months ago....

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-27 20:15   
Quote:

On 2010-04-20 04:51, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Righto. That answers one question.

How abt the second?

Let's say this Elite Assault Donkey opens up on me and I go into cloak. Now I'm already invisible and his beams are still tracking me and is burning into my spindly hide. But at the same time, his cannon shots are going wide. I assume he lost lock onme.

But does this mean that he and all his buddies in the vicinity can still see his beams tracking me and just blindfire at where its going?

Yes. Others can also fire where the lasers are tracking to. Going back to the original post though If you are in a scout ship then the chances of someone ctrl-click where the beams are firing 99.5 percent of the time you will not get hit.

If you are in a dread, station, maybe a cruiser..... well your out of luck. It is a lot easier to track from watching others beams.

Take it from a non-cloaking person. If you are surrounded and people are pinging you it is best to stay out of peoples beam range. A ping might last 1-4 seconds where if someone hits you with a beam they might get an added 5-6 seconds of fire.

[ This Message was edited by: *Challenger* on 2010-04-27 20:17 ]

Email Challenger
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-27 23:08   
Quote:

On 2010-04-27 20:15, *Challenger* wrote:

Yes. Others can also fire where the lasers are tracking to. Going back to the original post though If you are in a scout ship then the chances of someone ctrl-click where the beams are firing 99.5 percent of the time you will not get hit.

If you are in a dread, station, maybe a cruiser..... well your out of luck. It is a lot easier to track from watching others beams.

Take it from a non-cloaking person. If you are surrounded and people are pinging you it is best to stay out of peoples beam range. A ping might last 1-4 seconds where if someone hits you with a beam they might get an added 5-6 seconds of fire.

[ This Message was edited by: *Challenger* on 2010-04-27 20:17 ]

Yup. I've had a few "lessons" on this. LOL. Usually ends up in a ball of flame and debris.

That's why you hoonams always bunch up within beam range of each other.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-28 05:10   
Quote:

On 2010-04-27 17:42, BackSlash wrote:
You lag A LOT SoF, so I wouldn't be surprised if you think you're within range, but the scout is out of range.

Any object out of beam range, will not receive damage from your beams (even if they're firing).

*qutoes sof thats gota hurt hey wtf.* i know he lags and scouts having 10 torps qst and 25 fluxs would be fun

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.014423 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR