Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » To the Darkspace Community
 Author To the Darkspace Community
Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-23 03:13   
This post was originally intended for all UGTO Fleet forums but instead was addressed to all after reading it carefully several times seeing as its core ideals apply to the community as a whole and not just the UGTO Very rarely do I make posts like this and I hope that in doing so I will persuade some to strive for GTN like Ideals...:

I'm sure you've all heard words of resurrection before from many people in GTN only to see it spark then fizzle and sputter as before. I myself last September did the very same thing, even going so far as to work closely with an enemy combatant Azreal of =Wolf= only to be torn away from Darkspace due to lack of a sufficient internet connection.

While it pained me to be away I think it has only come to strengthen my resolve. With Darkspace and as such GTN free to play at all levels I believe this is the perfect time to recruit both new and old Blood into GTN. As Fleet Admiral and current leader of GTN I hope to work closely with both members of my own fleet and members of other Friendly and even at times Enemy fleets to come up with plans and then decisive action rather than the usual MV chit chat and complaining.

We all know this game, it's not perfect, damn well may never be, but the developers are striving and as players we need to strive as well. GTN is all about Honor. Honorable play includes giving it your all in any conditions including those which we may dislike or even hate. (I've been known to complain at times but truly try not to). I understand that not everyone is a member of GTN and even some people in GTN may not adhere to the "Code of Honor" as strictly as they should but I do think that these words may ring familiar to others ears in both my own Faction and those we fight against in the Metaverse.

I for one believe that if we can come together as a faction and together as a community we can and will enjoy this game for what it is. A Game. Just that, a place to have fun and enjoy camaraderie like we used to. I look forward to speaking with other UGTO and even non-UGTO fleet leaders and members to help galvanize the community around a renewed and engaging game.

I encourage respectful and rational debate on my post and reiterate my call to other fleets to work together within the confines of the game as they may be and make this a proud and active gaming community again.

Thank You.
-Krim

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Rhiawhyn Zerinth
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-04-23 04:00   
You have given me a grand idea, however i am not entirely sure it will be met with open arms.

The idea is very simple. Announce where and when one will attack. Why? simple. it brings people to the party, the party brings in more people who are interested in the hotspot.

If need be this can be limited to the higher ups of the fleets to keep the griefing down to a minimum (if there is any) and to allow psudo event like planning, down to even storytelling if we so chose.

I am all for bringing in new blood, I am going to ask the heads of TK to open up the group to new members aswell.

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-23 06:26   
In the GTN the Fleet Admiral or Fleet Commanders may call for and setup various cease fires or treaties within the structure of the game. Were something like this to become a serious aspect of the game and not an "on the fly" decision then perhaps a code change to the IFF (Identify Friend Foe) system may be required. However yes such an idea is in line with making the game better for everyone, even if we have to give a little to get there.

For reference, the metaverse was recently (as of 6 months or so ago IIRC) shrunk in order to try and facilitate more combat and less "looking around" for combat. In a similar setting i know of groups from my faction who have launched an attack around a single terran type planet of which the factions would then fight near or around in more random skirmishes.

The idea surrounding this concept is central to how Darkspace is played, the MV (more persistent, less combat in home systems etc.), Scenarios (Setup directly for combat faster paced and more to do) Plus there will be those who say that an enemy would never tell each other where they are going to attack. Well that's true, but then again, it is a game. I see positives and negatives to both sides but would encourage such cooperation when it makes the game more enjoyable for everyone.

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Rhiawhyn Zerinth
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-04-23 06:59   
I got it. how about we stick true to the game.

Diplomacy, sorta. why not turn the MV into a REAL persistant universe that the players controll. no more random unjustified skirmishes (allthough freelance fighters are still able to do whatever) factions could pick representatives, leaders and whatnot (fleats being factions) and said leaders decide where to strike and when, if its warented. and actually if there is a ceace fire for "civilian stability" or something else.

In a nutshell, fleets working together to make the MV feel ALIVE. not just with gunfire. while not quite on par with other games in terms of noncombat abilitys, im sure resource "trade" could be applicable in some cases.

But yes, mindless combat is scenarios cup of tea, where as carefully planned expiditions and fleet formations would be the metaverse, where every ship counts and does its job

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-23 08:35   
i do sometimethink of joining, but due to the already numerous UGTO, its probably the only thing holding me down
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Page created in 0.010339 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR