No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Scen Engineers
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Scen Engineers
James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-23 16:30   
Okay I'm getting confused, I know in mv engineers are fair game. yet in scen engineers are not to be attacked one moment , then are fair game the next.....so I'm starting this topic to Permanently answer this question. Note: this only goes for Scenerio Engineers

Responses

A. Engineers are fair game in Scenerio

B. Engineers are not to be attacked Scenerio

or

C. Their is a ceasefire on Engineers, but if one side attacks another side's engineer/s then they have given up their engineers' neutrality.

part 2: you can chose just Human or both Human and AI

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-23 16:36   
Any ship is fair game at any point in time.

If any players are forcing others or threatening to FF them, /report it, and the a member of staff will deal with it.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-23 16:39   
Enemy engineers are Fair Game.

"why?"

because it provides early game combat. it is a legitimate tactic to slow the enemy factions progression to SY

"but engineers are defencless, dont you just feel like a badass popping them!"

sure. if they know how to use platforms and to Not stay int he f3 window while they are building, then they wont die. if they are rookies or just dumb, they will. its part of the game, and if they dont know how to survive as a defencless engineer, then they should stay the hell out of said ships.

"but its game ruining, when one faction has a SY and the others dont. have fun fighting AI's"

ok, puss out. leave. the objective of scenario is to cap all the flag planets and WIN. the good fights will happen in the process. building up to SY and then just duking it out for 2 hours without actively trying to win the scenario is just an MV that resets every 3 hours.

Email Meko
Astri
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-23 16:45   
An engineer is a ship. All ships can be killed. If you don't wana be killed in a engi then don't fly it. easy as that

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2010-04-23 16:57   
Honestly, it's pretty crazy if there is some sorta of truce on attacking engineer's in scenario, that's just part of the dynamics of the game. If your team wants to have the first SY then you better protect your engineers from attack.

If we didn't think so, then we would have made your weapons disable when you target them

-F

Goto the website of Faustus
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-04-23 17:09   
Nothing to add that Meko and Faustus didn't already say. Someone in a scenario once asked me if I really wanted an hour or two of combat with no ships bigger than a destroyer... and yes, yes that is exactly what I want in a scenario. This same player also tried to outmaneuver an assault scout and died. The engineer near him- the one that sat still with platforms forming a shell over it- was fine.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-23 17:48   
Generally players abide by an unspoken agreement to leave Engineers alone for the first hour or so because, yes, building sucks, and many players feel they cannot enjoy the game in agile, fast ships that enforce fast-paced combat and high action.

It's for this reason that oft the enemy is allowed to prepare Dreadnoughts, because a number of players feel the game is more enjoyable in sluggish, lug things that become spacebar fests.

Sarcasm totally unintended.

Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2010-04-23 18:43   
One of the main reasons that I believe the "truce" is introduced is due to the small amount of prestige that is rewarded for destroying small ships. Most people go into scen to prestige farm from the people in cruisers+ when there flying in dreads/stations

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-23 21:03   
As was said above: Engineers are free game. If a team isn't defending its engineers, they're going to lose.

Remember that this is a team game, and you'll have to work together to win.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-23 21:20   
Quote:

On 2010-04-23 17:48, Bardiche wrote:
Generally players abide by an unspoken agreement to leave Engineers alone for the first hour or so because, yes, building sucks, and many players feel they cannot enjoy the game in agile, fast ships that enforce fast-paced combat and high action.

It's for this reason that oft the enemy is allowed to prepare Dreadnoughts, because a number of players feel the game is more enjoyable in sluggish, lug things that become spacebar fests.

Sarcasm totally unintended.

what sarcasm its totaly true they enjoy big ships i don't i personaly prefer dessys and cruisers and scouts frigates just suck and dreads are just slow you could nail one with a torp cruiser

and sadly i must agree with the green people if you don't defend your engi your asking for it to get killed because even if the players that agree not to your going to get a new player that will blow it to learn how to play. in other words defend it or lose it.
[ This Message was edited by: jackbob on 2010-04-23 21:21 ]

[ This Message was edited by: jackbob on 2010-04-23 21:22 ]

Rhiawhyn Zerinth
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-04-23 21:46   
Often those who complain about people shooting engis are engis themselves who run around undefended and partially afk building. doing nothing but that

Which is why i go for them. they are defenceless, easy targets and it screws up the enamy econemy, whats not to like about that target?

If you dont want us to attack you, have corvys and frigates defend your behind

G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-23 21:50   
The only time I refrain from killing engineers is when one team has dreads and the other doesn't. The pres gain from "winning" a map is miniscule, and forces you to start over capping and building (both of which suck) prematurely. Then again, I really really really don't like bombing, capping, or building, so I am definitely not objective on this one.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-23 22:46   
Quote:

On 2010-04-23 16:57, Faustus wrote:
Honestly, it's pretty crazy if there is some sorta of truce on attacking engineer's in scenario, that's just part of the dynamics of the game. If your team wants to have the first SY then you better protect your engineers from attack.

If we didn't think so, then we would have made your weapons disable when you target them

-F

Hey Az , is that you mate?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-24 00:18   
Quote:

On 2010-04-23 16:36, BackSlash wrote:
Any ship is fair game at any point in time.

If any players are forcing others or threatening to FF them, /report it, and the a member of staff will deal with it.

QFT.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-24 02:00   
I see a lot of WAC players here and mostly is why I quit scenario. I love building and its great, but with scen no longer progressive you have one mining beam to attempt to get a plat or two up to defend yourself. This is NOT possible with 1 beam in the first 5 min or so of a map to defend you and the planet you just capped.

There was once a time in scen when engiees were safe to build a let both teams get the tarren/arid planets so you can have even balanced fun combat. Why do most people want to get to dreads? MORE PRES! Scout combat is fun but it aint worth half the effort in pres to do. Getting to cruisers and dreads people will make more combat pres. Something called escalation.

Now engiees aren't safe and its night impossible to defend them from scouts or frigs. All the enemy has to do is kill the engiee and then turn to the threat thats attacking him. Engiees die way too fast and armor is way too thin, which is half the reason I liked to use a SCB in scenario on a new map. The over-sized over-glorified engiee that CAN defend itself from attack.

Case in point. Building is fun and its pointless to attack that engiee ship, your are not helping anyone. Its just gonna cause the person you killed to target your engiees too, which then no one will get anything done. Yes the obj is to "win" the scenario but try and have some fun too while your at it. People will want to stay on the good maps (ones with 2 or more tarren/arid planets) while other maps are generally skipped in favor for said maps. A little less WAC will make it a more enjoyable place for all who wish to play.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021318 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR