No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Scen Engineers
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Scen Engineers
DarkCloudd
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-29 10:16   
Quote:

On 2010-04-29 09:15, MrSparkle wrote:
So where's the button to report posts where people purposely misquote you?

Harassing enemy engineers is not important and not strategic unless you plan on capping all the flags or the engineer is building a planet dangerously close to yours. If you want to say it is important and strategic then post it yourself, don't misquote me.

If you are simply trying to deny them a shipyard without capping all the flags then your plan is to annoy the enemy rather than win. Don't even try to say it's not, I know you. Whenever I see this happen the team doing it is not interesting in capping the flags, they're interested in hearing the other team complain in /y.

Honestly though I don't care anymore. It's that exact attitude from multiple people here that's killed my desire to play the past week. I don't play that way and won't play when others do...I have WoW to play instead.
[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2010-04-29 09:23 ]

I agree with you Sparkle.

And for those of you that said the platform trick, I have tried that and with the OP torp scouts then the platform gets taken down way too fast and the resulting explosion destroys my ship, so either nerf scouts or buff the engineers, a HEAVY engineer shouldnt have paper thin armor, it should have armor equal to a dessy or cruiser.

James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-29 15:43   
Quote:

On 2010-04-29 10:16, Fatal DarkCloudd wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-04-29 09:15, MrSparkle wrote:
So where's the button to report posts where people purposely misquote you?

Harassing enemy engineers is not important and not strategic unless you plan on capping all the flags or the engineer is building a planet dangerously close to yours. If you want to say it is important and strategic then post it yourself, don't misquote me.

If you are simply trying to deny them a shipyard without capping all the flags then your plan is to annoy the enemy rather than win. Don't even try to say it's not, I know you. Whenever I see this happen the team doing it is not interesting in capping the flags, they're interested in hearing the other team complain in /y.

Honestly though I don't care anymore. It's that exact attitude from multiple people here that's killed my desire to play the past week. I don't play that way and won't play when others do...I have WoW to play instead.
[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2010-04-29 09:23 ]

I agree with you Sparkle.

And for those of you that said the platform trick, I have tried that and with the OP torp scouts then the platform gets taken down way too fast and the resulting explosion destroys my ship, so either nerf scouts or buff the engineers, a HEAVY engineer shouldnt have paper thin armor, it should have armor equal to a dessy or cruiser.

I agree wiht you two 100%

P.S. For those of you who will deny this, there are ALOT of vet players who do and will attack engineers even when there at unimportant planets, trust me (how do you think I got to VA, I played in Scen....alot). it's actually gotten to a point where I'm sick of playing in Scen, not having the ships so I don't die every 5 five mins MV (face it, MV is a Dread/Station/suppy universe). oh and when I do play as a supp, it's boring as h@#$ and if I want boring I'll go to runescape for that (althrough don't get me wrong, I will play as a supp if need be for the team or if asked/ordered). Rant complete

[ This Message was edited by: James296 on 2010-04-29 18:54 ]

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-29 16:40   
Clearly the solution here is to have engis that self-supply and shoot sabots.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-29 16:50   
If you want to play with the big ships, go to the metaverse. The scenario is anything goes from the ground up, if you don't get a shipyard up, you don't get a shipyard up. You can ask friendlies to defend you if needed, not everyone has to build. Engineers are the lifeblood of any fleet, they are the most strategic target. Either learn to dodge and build or don't build .

Email Sens [R33]
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-29 17:08   
RoC 4.A "house rules"

Not killing engiees is a house rule for the scenario server that the majority of players have put up.

On another note:

Unsportsmanlike conduct.

Capping or tranny rushing your opponents SY planet and then scrapping all the tech off the planet so as to deny them there SY is unsportsmanlike and should NOT be tolerated. In the Metaverse this is irrelevant but in scenario its a big deal. Many times this has happened to myself and others and is just as bad as killing engiees.

Killing Engineers falls under this as well.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-29 17:18   
When you have a solid majority I will accept these "house" rules. Scenario is meant to be fast paced planet capturing ship destroying action. No ship is off limits, regardless. The purpose is to capture all the flag planets, not build up planets and fight in big ships outside the metaverse. If those are your intentions, the scenario server might as well not exist.

Email Sens [R33]
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-29 17:23   
House rules as envisioned by that RoC clause are those set by the server owner. It really should be revised, as it applied back when players could run their own servers. Within Palestar release servers (ie, all of them), there are no special rules beyond the normal ones. Within the beta servers, we may have rules about engineers, bombing, combat, or whatever based on what needs testing. That will be posted in the beta news and ideally the server description.

And unfortunately, it may be detrimental to the progress of a faction, but killing engineers, bombing shipyards, or tranny rushes to capture shipyard planets are perfectly reasonable tactics for a faction seeking to keep their enemy from either suddenly having access to superior technology or about to match their own superiority. Simple battle tactics.

That said, the sporting types may want to let the other team get their own SY after they have one of their own, since dreads against frigates just discourages the other team and reduces everyone's fun. But that is entirely optional.

Email Shigernafy
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-29 17:41   
Quote:

On 2010-04-29 17:23, Shigernafy wrote:

That said, the sporting types may want to let the other team get their own SY after they have one of their own, since dreads against frigates just discourages the other team and reduces everyone's fun. But that is entirely optional.

I always support this, I can get a SY up in less then 25 min from map start and have it pumping out dreads in less then 40min and stations at about an hr. I always tell people to leave the oppositions SY planet alone and let them build up and get bigger ships. We might annoy them by just killing the plats around there planet (if any) but for the most part leave it alone and unblockaided. Then you get some good battles that everyone benefits from. However there are those ___ ____ that just will blow everyone off and ignore what the entire server is telling them. Most of the maps are big enough for everyone to have a planet to build on, and there are lots of AI to patrol around your SY planet to keep it from getting blockaided. I myself have gotten into a station or dread and jumped to the opposing teams SY planet to check it out, I do not target there engiees/extractors but will target everything else, usually plats. Also will mess around with the other planets in an engiee if I am done at the SY cluster and the opposition isn't done yet (you can tell by the res count where they are at). Would love to see everyone adopt this style of play as it helps you AND your allies to have an enjoyable experience. In the MV, its anyone's game and you are playing with multiple systems not just one. Scenario is a little more sensitive to what people do.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

Email Starcommander
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-29 19:25   
Quote:

On 2010-04-29 17:23, Shigernafy wrote:
House rules as envisioned by that RoC clause are those set by the server owner. It really should be revised, as it applied back when players could run their own servers. Within Palestar release servers (ie, all of them), there are no special rules beyond the normal ones.

An exception being during events.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
RageMastaFlex
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-29 19:56   
Its not that you are "Not Allowed" its that, in the interest of getting everyone into end game shipyards for bigger, stronger ships.

Its more of a unwritten agreement.

however, because they are usually defenseless ships, its bad form to hunt them. Imo, killing them one or twice, no big deal, but to actively hunt them, is just being a jerk.

Dont kill them if they are leaving you alone, unless they are building in your territory...

Atleast in my opinion... Just dont be a arsehat. Thats the general rule of thumb.

Email RageMastaFlex
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-29 20:47   
Too much QQ.
I'll stick to Pew Pew.

Since Jack has specified that all enemy ships are fair game, and within the RoC, I'll simply stick to that. All this BS argument over "unwritten agreements", "sportmanship", "gentlemanly conduct" and God knows what else is overrated. It's a war out there, and there's no Geneva Convention giving engies and suppies any safe passage.

If you're gonna fly an engie in the big bad DS universe, treat it like casual sex. GET PROTECTION!

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-04-29 22:26 ]

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-30 02:44   
I really don't care if they're in a 1v1, it's an engi, people want to 'let them build a sy', whatever. I'm more than happy to ninja your crucial planet if you create an opening, and I'll do my best to make you lose.

If it's red it's dead, everything is fair game.

I had a great game in scen recently where icc/uggies both went after my engie for a straight hour. No-one had working sy's for a good 1.5 hours. Best game I'd played in a while. They fought hard, and I had a seriously tough job. Basically an engineer should be a priority target. And if you can't build on the move, maybe you should start learning.
[ This Message was edited by: Lonectzn on 2010-04-30 02:47 ]

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-30 03:44   
Quote:

On 2010-04-30 02:44, Lonectzn wrote:
if you can't build on the move, maybe you should start learning.

That.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-30 04:54   
Quote:

On 2010-04-30 03:44, Icekitty wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-04-30 02:44, Lonectzn wrote:
if you can't build on the move, maybe you should start learning.

That.

cant do it on certain planets, 250 gu is the build range of drones and some planets are vary large. I love playing chicken with the planet and force someone to run into it trying to chase me down while building the planet at the same time.

Thing is you can't always do it because again certain planets are too big. Okag and Raf are just a few to mention.

If you are going to target engiee specifically then expect to get some stations at your SY planet and forever put it under block-aid. If you aren't going to make it fun for me, then I won't make it fun for you. Enjoy having 10 pres battles in your small scouts and frigates.

If this becomes the mentality of the scenario server then there will be no point in having it anymore. Scen is COMPLETELY different then the MV and as such its mentality should be different too. If you don't want to mess around with stations and dreads yet there are places called Ursa Minor and Roagens Rift where such things don't exist.

Email Starcommander
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.019493 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR