Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +19.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » why no kluth dread for va?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author why no kluth dread for va?
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-26 11:13   
Can't Deny Pak an his fully modded Scarab, but notice only Kluth as a Minelayer Cruiser, im sure you'd see ICC running around if they had some too maybe not uggies thou since theirs are EMP only

Kluth don't get Dreads at VA, in exchange they get the Krill, a Dread with 7 or 6 Core weapons that can cloak, If you want a Dread at VA in Kluth, then give us Full core weaps EADS and ADs

Speaking of prest, YEs it is sad small ships don't win as much pres as big ships, Myself i would run around lot more often in cruisers and dessies if i knew i could gain as much prest as i would in an EAD or AD

Current answer to that problem is the grouping system that is currently being worked on....oh wait, im sorry, its "in Planning". But when are we gonna see the hope to wake up one morning and all set our fire camping kit in the lobby chat and wait for the update?. Not soon enough im affraid

19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-26 14:48   
If the scale is equivalent to human dreads, it needs 2 fusions.

I don't know that Scarab the deadliest kluth ship. Kenny has just made it the most annoying ship in DS lol

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-26 18:17   
Quote:

On 2010-04-26 10:30, Pakhos wrote:
No, scale is no good about survivebility and energy comparing with a dread. Still the best option for kluth is scarab.

servicebilty the scale is about the same with the scarab. powerwise it can be just as good if you play it right. ie don't run at full speed unless you have to.

Email Borgie
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-27 04:17   
Quote:

On 2010-04-26 06:48, BackSlash wrote:
The Scale is equiv to the other factions Dreadnoughts at VA.

In 1.483 it was prehaps on par with VA Dreads and prehaps on par with Admiral dreads with its 16 psi cannons, but not in current version, 1.5x killed the Scale which is why most of us K'luth fly dreads.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-27 18:19   
Quote:

On 2010-04-27 04:17, Pegasus wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-04-26 06:48, BackSlash wrote:
The Scale is equiv to the other factions Dreadnoughts at VA.

In 1.483 it was prehaps on par with VA Dreads and prehaps on par with Admiral dreads with its 16 psi cannons, but not in current version, 1.5x killed the Scale which is why most of us K'luth fly dreads.

Indeed this IS true.

In the previous versions, the only dread in my garage was the ultra-utilitarian Ganglia, which at that time was just a REAL Command Dread, meant to sit back behind or gaurded right in the middle of it's fleet.

After the 1.5 release, I was extremely dismayed by the amount of energy drain and lack of punch that the Kluth cruisers were given. TBH, if not for the Krill, which I understand faces yet ANOTHER nerf, I dont know if I would have stayed K'Luth. The rest of their ships are just creampuffs now. Returning the mines made the Scarab a more viable cruiser, this is true. But yeah, with the QQ I hear and see, and seeing the trends of the last two years, I would expect a Scarab nerf wont be too far off in the future.

The problem is simple: Its effective again. Its not what it was, but its the closest Luth cruiser to what we used to have.

For the record, I flew a Scarab probably 60% of the time in .482/.483.

My other ships were the Ganglia, Piercer, Drainer and Claw. I had a station that pretty much stayed in drydock.

The only ship on that list that I will fly now is the Ganglia, and I personally think that ship layout does not belong on a luth ship at all.

Missle dreads are for Humans, silly devs.

Oh yeah, another thing while I think about it. When the Krill came out, I was one of maybe 3 people that could actually fly it, due to the ship cap requirments (which I had already met, but 99% of the K'Luth had not by that time). Everyone began working on those ship caps to get the Krill, because most were so pissed at the Mandy and Siphon energy levels. That is the reason you see so many of them about now. I know very few Kluth that can fly a Krill that bother having another dread in the garage, except possibly that same Ganglia missle spitter.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-27 18:28   
Krill is getting another nerf?? Why not just get rid of it altogether if it's gonna be nerfed to a point that nobody will want to use it.

Scarab was my favorite Kluth ship back when it only had torpedoes and mines and no beams. At least it's viable again, if tricky to use at times. Before the beef to mines in 1.5 Kluth cruisers were worthless ships, much like Kluth scouts.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-29 05:57   
Removed all off topic replies.

Keep it on topic.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-04-29 11:36 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-29 10:29   
Quote:

On 2010-04-27 18:28, MrSparkle wrote:
Krill is getting another nerf?? Why not just get rid of it altogether if it's gonna be nerfed to a point that nobody will want to use it.

Scarab was my favorite Kluth ship back when it only had torpedoes and mines and no beams. At least it's viable again, if tricky to use at times. Before the beef to mines in 1.5 Kluth cruisers were worthless ships, much like Kluth scouts.

Krill will get a nerf soon or later. Anyway it is nest's more mobile version. Nobody can deny it. But if devs remove weapons from krill it will become worst than a carrier dread. It will be hard to decide for devs after all.

Now, back to the topic.

Anyway , the point is kluth dont need a VA dread. We should compare 3 factions cruiser. There is just 1 cruiser in entire game which can kill another cruiser with a single key combination ,also damage heavily another dread with same tactic. It is called scarab.Sure , it is more complicated to play as mine layer. It is really hard when people know your way of game play. But when you strike with your mines you will hurt your target badly.

In the battle field kluth cruisers have 90% more survivebility than any other ships. You can actualy cloak and get away when you are down on hull when other factions cruiser will get owned if they cant make out of dico. Flying 4 scarabs with advanced multix on will hold an entire ugto fleet in their position(cant blame them for planet hugging after they see 4 scarabs blinking in space) . But try it with 4 AC or BC and you will get owned in no time.

After all those datas and battle field experience , i am certain about kluth dont need a VA dread . So you are a VA and kluth? Get a scarab and put follow on me. If you are good at it I will pimp your scarab for free!

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-29 14:05   
WARNING: You may inadverdently explode from the mines' sheer awesomeness. (or the mines themselves)

Email Sens [R33]
Aeraesoria
Admiral
Synchronicity

Posted: 2010-04-29 16:15   
I can confirm that Pakhos mines hurt... I've gotten a face full of them, I have also had the unfortunate experience of seeing some of his mines near a gate and tried to pulse wave them away... unfortunately I was in my AC and I had my shields down and when I pulsed them... I was far to close to them... plain and simple I was hurting cause the mines ate all of my armor and brought my hull down to critical and kept me out of the fight that was taking place. I've flown on K'luth before during scenario and I do find that if you are skilled enough and careful enough and plan out your attack right with a K'luth cruiser, even one that isn't a scarab you can do a heck of a lot of dmg to the enemy. Though the Scarab is a awesome ship to wield in battle. I used it during an attack while the dreads were keeping the enemy dreads busy and laid some mines right in the path of the dread as it was trying to get clear of the krills and other dreads. What happen was is I managed to get his shields and armor down low enough where I it really hurt him and basically put him out of the battle. K'luth don't need a VA dread... and seldom did I ever use a dread on the other factions because I was usually owning the enemy in my cruisers too much

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-29 21:07   
Quote:

On 2010-04-29 14:05, Sensitivity wrote:
WARNING: You may inadverdently explode from the mines' sheer awesomeness. (or the mines themselves)

Quote:

On 2010-04-29 16:15, Aeraesoria wrote:
I can confirm that Pakhos mines hurt... I've gotten a face full of them, I have also had the unfortunate experience of seeing some of his mines near a gate and tried to pulse wave them away... unfortunately I was in my AC and I had my shields down and when I pulsed them... I was far to close to them... plain and simple I was hurting cause the mines ate all of my armor and brought my hull down to critical and kept me out of the fight that was taking place. I've flown on K'luth before during scenario and I do find that if you are skilled enough and careful enough and plan out your attack right with a K'luth cruiser, even one that isn't a scarab you can do a heck of a lot of dmg to the enemy. Though the Scarab is a awesome ship to wield in battle. I used it during an attack while the dreads were keeping the enemy dreads busy and laid some mines right in the path of the dread as it was trying to get clear of the krills and other dreads. What happen was is I managed to get his shields and armor down low enough where I it really hurt him and basically put him out of the battle. K'luth don't need a VA dread... and seldom did I ever use a dread on the other factions because I was usually owning the enemy in my cruisers too much

U guys do realize of course that those Scabs of ours aren't exactly stock. That, plus, Pak knows what he's doing. We can hull a UGTO cruiser in one full salvo. 2 salvos will kill it. So.... next time, think before you chase us through a jumpgate.

Of course the Scab can be an excellent weapon against anything up to its own size, but up against Dreads and Stations it is really better used in a attack support role in conjunction with one or more other friendly dreads. Either that, or 2 Scabs vs one enemy dread.

It can't really go toe to toe with an ICC or UGTO dread, unless said dread pilot is inexperienced or inattentive. Most of the time, after doing some damage, the Scab has to break off.

Ultimately, while our cruisers have the firepower, they still lack the armor and survivability. Like Az said, it would be nice to move one of the dreads down to VA. We can at least choose between a scale and a dread.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-04-29 22:22 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-29 21:11   
Quote:

On 2010-04-29 10:29, Pakhos wrote:

So you are a VA and kluth? Get a scarab and put follow on me. If you are good at it I will pimp your scarab for free!

Woot, pimpin'!

But I'm just a 1RA.... Will u be mah pimp?

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-04-29 21:31 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-30 03:01   
Quote:

On 2010-04-29 21:07, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Like Az said, it would be nice to move one of the dreads down to VA. We can at least choose between a scale and a dread.

Not me. I'm fine with the rankings.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-30 05:06   
Quote:

On 2010-04-30 03:01, Azreal wrote:

Not me. I'm fine with the rankings.

My bad. I took it that you implied it such when you said "I think that the ship reqs should be re-evaluated"

LOL....

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-30 18:56   
Quote:

On 2010-04-29 21:07, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

U guys do realize of course that those Scabs of ours aren't exactly stock. That, plus, Pak knows what he's doing.

don't need to know what your doing if all your doing is plant a ton of mines on one side of a gate and lure someone over there...

it can't get any less basic then that in terms of tactics

well, maybe sitting 5000gu out in a minefield.....

oh wait, he does that aswell

/edit typos.
[ This Message was edited by: Jar Jar Binks on 2010-04-30 18:56 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021526 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR