No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Dark Space Disk.
 Author Dark Space Disk.
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-28 16:56   
I found my old DS disk and whats left of the jewel case.

Anyone else remember the disk? Found mine on the $10 rack while on vacation back in 03. It sat on the shelf forgotten for a while before I re-found it and decided to play. Been here ever since.

It reads

Darkspace takes place in a universe splintered by intergalactic war. Humanity has split into two factions, while a new and fearsome alien race advances into human space. In the midst of this turmoil and civil unrest, you begin your mission as an Ensign, piloting smaller craft and eventually advancing to Fleet Admiral, where you take control of a massive capital ship and pilot strategic maneuvers in one of the three factions.

The Darkspace universe is alive with many new, different, and exciting subplots. While humans are the dominant species of each beginning scenario, more advanced scenarios feature diverse alien races and advanced technologies. In the thriving galaxy of the massively multiplayer action strategy game, players focus on there own agendas and you mush wisely deal with the circumstances this creates.

Game Features
Play online with thousands of other players, each like you, controlling there own star ships in the massive MetaVerse, or play on a scenario server against hundreds of other players.

Team based game play means you are never alone or without help, all players in your faction are your allies

3D accelerated graphics using Palestar's proprietary MEDUSA engine keep the action exciting and alive.

Subscribe to and participate in a massively multiplayer world, shattering campaigns and receiving dynamic content updates of new ship types, races, technology , and strategies that make the game re-playable virtually indefinably.

Boy I wish the game was still like that.
[ This Message was edited by: Fast Starcommand *CO* on 2010-04-28 17:09 ]

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Starfist
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-28 17:37   
i remember the disk, still got mine, its packed in a box right now with a bunch of other games i've purchased over the years,

bought mine for $10.00 CDN while on vacation, in a game store, installed it as soon as i got back home, been hear ever since

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-28 17:51   
i so want one.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-28 18:08   
Got mine on a shelf next to a few other games and dvds and such. I really only keep it because I'm one of the people chatting in the screenshots on the back of the box..

Email Shigernafy
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-28 18:11   
I bought the game disc from a gamestop sometime around 2002 or so. It was before I turned 18 (in 2003) so I guess 2002 or so might be right.

I installed and tried playing it, but my computer and my dialup were not up to the challenge. It lagged really bad. I got in a few small skirmishes in my scout ships and frigates but I do not think I ever killed anyone.

I saw a dread cloud bomb a planet. That was really cool. Unfortunately since my computer couldnt take it, I let it pass, but always remembered this amazing game that I knew I would come back to when i could.

A couple years later (2004 or so. Check my profile to see when), I got a new computer and was welcomed to the world of cable internet. I jumped back in to DS with the excitement 2 years of waiting provides.

It was an amazing journey. I know I have never played any game for so long and still loved it. I stand by my belief that playing DS is more of a dance than a battle. Timing of turns, timing of weapons fire. circling your targets and moving fluently with your allies. There is a rhythm there that everyone in the battle feels. The actions of the man on the far left of a large fight have a ripple-effect that influence the man on the far right.

I love this game. Wish I still had the disc I bought way back when.

AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-28 22:10   
I wonder if I have at least one left somewhere.. I know I bought like 10 of them, but gave a few away to some Agents..

Must finddddd.
And bury you with honesty.

I'll make all your dreams come to life,
And slay them as quickly as they came.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-28 22:40   
Quote:

On 2010-04-28 22:10, MarshalChaos wrote:
I wonder if I have at least one left somewhere.. I know I bought like 10 of them, but gave a few away to some Agents..

Must finddddd.

2 mins of looking and i found some, ordered 1 for the hell of it.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Space-Pc/dp/B000070MQN theres the link

Email Borgie
UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-04-28 22:47   
I saw one in a game stop quite a few years back. Never bought it since I downloaded DS from the web. Started in 2002 and have never looked back =)

Email UnknownWarrior
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-29 00:31   
Quote:

On 2010-04-28 17:51, Sixkiller wrote:
i so want one.

bought mine on amazon.com for $2.50

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-29 11:08   
yeah the shipping costed more then the disk its self..

Email Borgie
James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-29 13:53   
I brought my way back in gamestop for $20, I think it was around 2002. Still have the box, but the disk is somewhere over at my grandparents house. I remember when I was first playing I ran into a battle that was going on, it was alot of small icc ships against a UGTO cruiser and to me at the time the cruiser looked like the size of today's dreads. Soon After I lost interest ( I got MechAssault 1, ah very good game, sad I had to sell it :'(

[ This Message was edited by: James296 on 2010-04-29 23:01 ]

Page created in 0.021747 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR