Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » DarkSpace Hits ModDB
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author DarkSpace Hits ModDB
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-05-01 19:00   
I guess you guys are missing a point.
GamerCQ and the GCQL client are actually competitors of Steam.
The difference is Steam is trying to sell big where GameCQ only has DarkSpace.

Yes GameCQ is able to provide itself as a launch and sales platform for multiple games, but i think PaleStar is just not promoting it.

Wile the idea sounds nice, and the additional publicity is appealing. But PaleStar would be forced to negotiate with steam, and while not knowing the possible topics at the discussion, i personal prefer GameCQ how it is at the moment.
[ This Message was edited by: Eledore Massis [R33] on 2010-05-01 19:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2010-05-02 08:50 ]

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-01 19:08   
but i bet its not as simple to get it on ModDB than on steam uh?
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-01 19:59   
Quote:

On 2010-05-01 19:00, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:
I guess you guys are missing a point.
GamerCQ and the GCQL client are actually competitors or Steam.
The difference is Steam is trying to sell big where GameCQ only has DarkSpace.

Yes GameCQ is able to provide itself as a launch and sales platform for multiple games, but i think PaleStar is just not promoting it.

Wile the idea sounds nice, and the additional publicity is appealing. But PaleStar would be forced to negotiate with steam, and while not knowing the possible topics at the discussion, i personal prefer GameCQ how it is at the moment.
[ This Message was edited by: Eledore Massis [R33] on 2010-05-01 19:06 ]

what GCQL can or can't do doesent matter. what we NEED is more players. and as a free download from Steam it has a good potential to get that.

steam has a huge userbase, and most ppl there atleast try all the free games.

and ofc palestar woulöd have to negotiate, but we dont know if its gonna end up good or not untill someone TRIES.

i mean, what harm would there be to contact them and see what THEY say insted of puking all over the idea and shooting it down?

Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-02 00:19   
Quote:

On 2010-05-01 19:59, Jar Jar Binks wrote:
what GCQL can or can't do doesent matter. what we NEED is more players. and as a free download from Steam it has a good potential to get that.

steam has a huge userbase, and most ppl there atleast try all the free games.

and ofc palestar woulöd have to negotiate, but we dont know if its gonna end up good or not untill someone TRIES.

i mean, what harm would there be to contact them and see what THEY say insted of puking all over the idea and shooting it down?

Here is why I think this is a bad idea my self at this time. This game is not balanced enough and if all the new people go to the more powerful side, as all have seen and do, I dont think that getting more people will infact help to balance the game any.

And until they fix bugs and such adding more people will only result in more lag and an unplayable game.
What I think would be nice is if we could somehow get enough players to donate/buy stuff so that the servers can get upgraded to handel a ton of players and more time put into development to fix the bugs as they appear.

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2010-05-02 02:20   
haha! Good idea Zero28, This is really something I like to see ^.^

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-02 11:47   
Quote:

On 2010-05-02 00:19, Nightsabre wrote:
What I think would be nice is if we could somehow get enough players to donate/buy stuff so that the servers can get upgraded to handel a ton of players and more time put into development to fix the bugs as they appear.

From my understanding the server the game is on now is no where near capacity. I do agree that a balance system of some kind would need to be added to the metaverse. Any bug fixing they can do is always a plus but in all the time I've played this game there has not been a bug free version, you can not wait to fix everything before you promote the game.

Lockerd
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-02 12:45   
instead of thinking of steam why not move into impulse. they have a good base and plenty of people all we need is a very well detailed picture for DS or a more rounded DS logo where it doesnt look so bulky with its pixels.

Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-02 13:05   
Quote:

On 2010-05-02 11:47, Sops wrote:.
From my understanding the server the game is on now is no where near capacity. I do agree that a balance system of some kind would need to be added to the metaverse. Any bug fixing they can do is always a plus but in all the time I've played this game there has not been a bug free version, you can not wait to fix everything before you promote the game.

What I'm trying to say really is that if this game got players who payed enough to make this game make money then the game could be developed by a paid staff of like 100 people instead of what we have now. I think we need more people developing the game so that the things they have planned can get done, and bugs fixed. That either takes money to pay people or you have to try and find a lot of people who want to develop the game for free and its hard to find good free help, people like money.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-02 18:42   
Quote:

On 2010-05-02 13:05, Nightsabre wrote:

I think we need more people developing the game so that the things they have planned can get done, and bugs fixed.

If you increase players you can increase revenue and add more developers, unless you get investment funding it is hard to do that the other way around.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-05-02 18:52   
if we go to steam, we lose GCQL

no GCQL means no forum, no lobby

no forum and no lobby means no community

no community and you have no game, imo

although, companies like EA have the "play" button link to their stupid website before going to the actual game for things like command and conquer 4, if you could negotiate something like that with valve that would be alright... valve tends to be fairly nice to indie games.
[ This Message was edited by: Lark of Serenity on 2010-05-02 18:55 ]

Condemned
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-02 19:06   
We should try get DS on Xfire again with the player base growth spurt!

philll
Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-03 03:12   
We should at least give Steam a call, see what they have to say, like Jar Jar said. We can still ditch the idea later on if it doesnt fit us.
Alternativly D2D might be an option. They dont offer free downloads far as I know, but they have an enormous customerbase.

And alas, there are sites like Fileplanet, Gamespot and so on. Though the probably have sponsored DS before as it came out, they might be willing to grant it another review or small spot under indie-games downloads since the game has changed a hundredfold.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-03 11:22   
YOu guys shoots in all ideas, but there one thing I Did different.
i asked the admins for there approval for MoDB, and I Setted it up

i did not said "oh we shoudl put the game on ModDB," no, i Simply went there and setted it up
im sure you guys can give a try aswelll
go go go!!!
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Dreadknight
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-03 15:50   
Good idea, I know alot uses moddb

Email Dreadknight
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-03 17:32   
Quote:

On 2010-05-02 12:45, Lockerd wrote:
instead of thinking of steam why not move into impulse. they have a good base and plenty of people all we need is a very well detailed picture for DS or a more rounded DS logo where it doesnt look so bulky with its pixels.

No.

Steam has been around for about as long as DS has been around. As such its got 20x the amount of people on it as Impulse dose. I have both but I skip impulse now as I have Sins tied in with my Steam too. Steam is the better program hands down.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029378 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR