Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Disconnected without option to Reconnect?
 Author Disconnected without option to Reconnect?
SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-04-30 15:37   
You know those times where ur flying around and notice that for some reason no ones talking anymore, ur wepons arn't doing any damage and all the ships r just sitting there or flying in a straight line as they do barel rolls? Yes, the times u get disconnected. it happens to all of us on occasion, for some of us more then others.

However, what about the times u get disconnected, u wait a few min for the little box with the "Reconnect" and "Quit" options to pop up, but it never does?

Would a little button to reset ur connection be possible? Maybe accesable though the esc/sy menu? It could do the exact same thing as the normal reconnect button does (couldn't it?), so then people couldn't use it as a "you can't kill me cause i'll vanish before your eyes" button.

Or a simple command you could type into the chat line (i.e. /reconnect)

-I have tryed the UDP tick box in the DS setup. it helps...a bit
-Reloging? Takes me >5 min, and is an inconvience.
-Going though server gates takes u to the sy. SD'ing/flying into a planet does the same thing.

I'm sure i'm not the only one that gets this problem ever other day or so, and i'm sure its 99% to blame on my internet but for those of us who do get disconnected without the option to reconnect it would be nice to have some kind of reset/reconnect button available at all times.

so... Yes? No? Problems? Ideas? (destructive critisism?)

-Space

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-30 16:04   
I only get sy'd a transfer gates if my connection is on the fritz, its default behavior. Your symptoms are largely from your connection I'm afraid.

Email Sens [R33]
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-30 17:40   
Quote:

On 2010-04-30 16:04, Sensitivity wrote:
I only get sy'd a transfer gates if my connection is on the fritz, its default behavior. Your symptoms are largely from your connection I'm afraid.

Do not automatically blame someones connection. Its very annoying to see the staff just take a "I don't care" approach by blaming the person complaining. We all get desynced EVERYONE still gets it, and a lot of people have wonderful internet connections and even better computers to boot. Yet it still happens, its nice to see the days of the massive lag spikes gone but there still there. Waiting to strike, and when they do, you get desynced with the server.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-30 17:56   
I cited only what he said himself, and given that I identified the problem.

I know for a fact that it is the connection because I have the same experiences myself using a somewhat loose ethernet cable as I play with my laptop on my lap. I've tested it myself a dozen times, a "bad" connection cause the sesrver to send you to the garage as opposed to the target server. As much as you would love to believe otherwise, empirical data supports my assertion.

Email Sens [R33]
SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-04-30 20:36   
Yes, it proabily is my internet. im sure that its almost always the connection on my end.

normally its just something that will be fixed with a relog, meaning that its just a shot interuption in my connection to the server. Weather its my ISP, the weather (especially since i have satelite internet), something to do with the hardware on my end, just some interference, or a combination of a few is unknown to me. Anyway i would be able to reconnect within a matter of seconds of being disconnected, just like i normally could when i get the option to reconnect/quit.

My point is would some sort of command/button be possible for an easy reconnect?

[ This Message was edited by: SpaceGateKid on 2010-04-30 20:37 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-30 21:24   
I know why that does happen. The problem is your router disconnects from ISP modem for some reason (cable plug/isp down) .But you dont disconnect from the router. So computer still optains an IP address from router and doesnt give disconnect notification to computer. This is why computer things you are still connected.

Happens me everyday( gotta fix that rj45`s nail)..

Page created in 0.011284 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR