Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Stations, what are they good for?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
 Author Stations, what are they good for?
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-01 21:47   
Quote:

On 2010-05-01 21:35, James296 wrote:
how about finding each factions strengths and using them and preventing the other factions exploiting your factions weakness.

Our weakness is our shield regen.

UGTO Solution: Stations.

ICC Solution to UGTO Solution: Kill Stations.

UGTO Solution to ICC Solution to UGTO Solution: More Stations for high repair rate, making them very difficult to kill.

ICC Response: Screw it. We're logging.

---

Our strength is long-ranged combat.

UGTO Solution: Stations.

ICC Solution to UGTO Solution: Kill Stations.

UGTO Solution to ICC Solution to UGTO Solution: More Stations for high repair rate, making them very difficult to kill.

ICC Response: Screw it. We're logging.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-01 21:50   
ICC's new motto: Screw it, we're logging

Email Sens [R33]
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-01 21:59   
Allow me to also point out "wait until ICC is overpowered" is a very, very bad strategy and very, very bad justification for UGTO to remain overpowered. It's also very, very bad to suggest that any one faction should be overpowered at any time until nerfs hit.

When ICC still had its super-range Ions, they sniped Stations from afar to take them down.

That's since become impossible.

Due to patended Station Stacking strategies, it's also not viable to use missilespam to chase off enemy Stations. Once UGTO pulls an Interdictor it becomes further impossible to do anything because it's over once you get jumped, and using an Interdictor to counter them close-jumping isn't as usable due to jumps usually entering around 600~ from the Interdictor, or even closer.

James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-01 22:41   
Quote:

On 2010-05-01 21:59, Bardiche wrote:
Allow me to also point out "wait until ICC is overpowered" is a very, very bad strategy and very, very bad justification for UGTO to remain overpowered. It's also very, very bad to suggest that any one faction should be overpowered at any time until nerfs hit.

When ICC still had its super-range Ions, they sniped Stations from afar to take them down.

That's since become impossible.

Due to patended Station Stacking strategies, it's also not viable to use missilespam to chase off enemy Stations. Once UGTO pulls an Interdictor it becomes further impossible to do anything because it's over once you get jumped, and using an Interdictor to counter them close-jumping isn't as usable due to jumps usually entering around 600~ from the Interdictor, or even closer.

1."wait until ICC is overpowered" I meant that as when all the new players go to icc.

2. I do agree with you on one thing......icc needs to be unnerfed a little. at this time icc has nothing that can fight against ugto or luth thus only option.....become pets of the luth.

[ This Message was edited by: James296 on 2010-05-01 22:43 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-01 22:44   
Oi, our EW is second to none, K'Luth likely have a tougher time cloaking from us than they do from you.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-05-01 22:50   
I know that proposing innovation in tactics is a bit anathema these days, but have you considered how gorram slow a station is? Combine this with their immense armor rings. I guarentee you, there will always be a situation where you can park some assault ships very close to a station and absolutely annihilate one armor arc while his allies are unable to shoot you- because it'd mean hitting him. Strike, kill, withdraw, reposition, repeat.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-01 23:59   
Quote:

On 2010-05-01 22:50, Sardaukar wrote:
I know that proposing innovation in tactics is a bit anathema these days, but have you considered how gorram slow a station is? Combine this with their immense armor rings. I guarentee you, there will always be a situation where you can park some assault ships very close to a station and absolutely annihilate one armor arc while his allies are unable to shoot you- because it'd mean hitting him. Strike, kill, withdraw, reposition, repeat.

Yes they're gorram slow. But having 5 of them bunch up (and they always do) will still enable each of them to cover each other. Besides, no assault ship will be able to last long against a single station point blank anyway, not even a dread.

The solution is clear. The server needs class limits. Why not? Team based FPS games have them to prevent uber spammage of certain powerful classes, or to ensure a balanced mix of player classes.

It applies to all factions, not just UGTO, who're really the main station spammers. 3 or 4 stations max per faction per server perhaps. Aren't u sick of StationSpace yet?

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-05-02 00:04 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-05-02 00:20 ]

Scarr
Midshipman

Posted: 2010-05-02 00:01   
I would like to see stations in more of a defensive/support role.

I think probably the easiest way would be to remove the core weapons and replace the heavy beams with lights, and slightly increasing their armour. Leaves them still with good long-range ability and point defense, while being comparatively exposed in close combat.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-02 00:08   
Quote:

On 2010-05-02 00:01, Scarr wrote:
I would like to see stations in more of a defensive/support role.

I think probably the easiest way would be to remove the core weapons and replace the heavy beams with lights, and slightly increasing their armour. Leaves them still with good long-range ability and point defense, while being comparatively exposed in close combat.

Either this, and/or increase the power of all torps significantly. Since torps are really only useful vs stations anyway.

But class limits would be easier to
implement, more fair to all, and no one can complain abt their fav ship getting nerfed.

Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-02 00:25   
Quote:

On 2010-05-02 00:08, Kenny_Naboo wrote

implement, more fair to all, and no one can complain abt their fav ship getting nerfed.

Heh I would have to disagree with no one complaining about their ship getting nerfed. I know for a fact that there would be whining that since they are of rank they should beable to use their fav ship. It will be worse than nerfing it since if you limit it to like only 5 of said ship then the rest cant even spawn it even if it is in their garadge. And bad idea when/if they have put alot of money into said ship. Btw if this makes no sence sorry I just got off of work and its late and I'm tired...

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-02 00:31   
Quote:

On 2010-05-02 00:25, Nightsabre wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-02 00:08, Kenny_Naboo wrote

Heh I would have to disagree with no one complaining about their ship getting nerfed. I know for a fact that there would be whining that since they are of rank they should beable to use their fav ship. It will be worse than nerfing it since if you limit it to like only 5 of said ship then the rest cant even spawn it even if it is in their garadge. And bad idea when/if they have put alot of money into said ship. Btw if this makes no sence sorry I just got off of work and its late and I'm tired...

You do have a point. But they can still use their dreads. And it's not as if those dreads are made of papier mâché...

These guys who own stations will definitely have dreads in their garages. It defeats the purpose of a fleet game if everyone flies only the heavies. That's why class limita are needed to balance the game out from a fleet vs fleet perspective.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-05-02 00:33 ]

Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-02 01:09   
Quote:

On 2010-05-02 00:31, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

You do have a point. But they can still use their dreads. And it's not as if those dreads are made of papier mâché...

These guys who own stations will definitely have dreads in their garages. It defeats the purpose of a fleet game if everyone flies only the heavies. That's why class limita are needed to balance the game out from a fleet vs fleet perspective.

But what I'm thinking about is UGTO I see alot on alot so lets say you limit stations to 5 they probably will limit dreads too, to like 10 or something then they have to use something smaller. Thats going to cause alot of people to rage quit/complain if they cant ever get their station or dread out that they spent $20 on because there are too many players. I know id be mad if i spent $20 bucks on a game and the developers told me I could not play it.

DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2010-05-02 01:12   
simple just just make it so stations cant self repair that will cut down use of station spam

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-02 01:25   
Quote:

On 2010-05-02 01:09, Nightsabre wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-02 00:31, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

But what I'm thinking about is UGTO I see alot on alot so lets say you limit stations to 5 they probably will limit dreads too, to like 10 or something then they have to use something smaller. Thats going to cause alot of people to rage quit/complain if they cant ever get their station or dread out that they spent $20 on because there are too many players. I know id be mad if i spent $20 bucks on a game and the developers told me I could not play it.

Yes. The ppl on tt particular faction are teh spamz0rz, aren't they?

Dread spamming is a problem too. But not a big problem as station spam. Dreads can't carry 12 troopers. And they're not mobile fortresses that can self heal.

Between the two, I'd rather face up against dreadspam.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-05-02 01:29   
An assault ship can survive station alphas. Heck, my assault cruiser can beat a K'luth dread in head-to-head no-dodging spacebarmash combat (I have empirical proof) without even going into hull; I'm sure that it'll hold well against a station in terms of firepower. But that's irrelevant; "An" is irrelevant. "Many" is the word you want. And you can get "many" if you have even six players.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020476 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR