No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Ship slots
 Author Ship slots
Nimitz
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-05-01 21:53   
Probably going get flamed but here goes...

We're constantly told that every ship in DarkSpace has it niche usage. That's fine. Where it falls short is there are only 8 ship slots on your garage. That's not nearly enough to even put the "niche usage" idea into practice.

Currently, when you scrap a ship from your garage, you lose all your enhancements from it. So one way of bypassing the 8 ship slot issue is to return all the enhancements when a ship is removed from the garage. Perhaps just for the last two slots of the garage even, so you at least get two "free" slots to use.

Or, increase the number of ship slots.

Oh, before anyone says just pay for the enhancements again, some enhancements are not available for purchase.
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-01 22:23   
One would expect players to specialize, a fully modded garage can cost up to $65, and thats nothing to sneer at. In fact, you don't need a fully modded engineer, recon scout, or command dread to be effective. So you want to have multiple stations and dreads? Well that's your choice, but if you diversify, 8 slots is more than enough to handle any situation. Pesonally, I only use 6 slots and leave two for cheap ships like scouts, transports, or suppies. On hand I have an interdictor, supply station, assault dread, heavy cruiser, assault cruiser, and command dread. Thats enough to handle pretty much any situation wouldn't you say?

[ This Message was edited by: Sensitivity on 2010-05-01 22:24 ]

Email Sens [R33]
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-02 00:24   
I'm all for the idea of returning enh to garage when u remove them from yr ships.

Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-02 00:29   
I either want more ships or my enh back too. As I play more than one faction its imposible to not use up the 8 slots. But I have an idea that I would go for too. Make it so that you can use 8 slot on each faction if you want that would work for me. And hide the ships that are of different factions. That way you get 8 ships only but also get the ability to play different factions if you want.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-02 04:17   
Quote:

On 2010-05-01 22:23, Sensitivity wrote:
One would expect players to specialize, a fully modded garage can cost up to $65, and thats nothing to sneer at. In fact, you don't need a fully modded engineer, recon scout, or command dread to be effective. So you want to have multiple stations and dreads? Well that's your choice, but if you diversify, 8 slots is more than enough to handle any situation. Pesonally, I only use 6 slots and leave two for cheap ships like scouts, transports, or suppies. On hand I have an interdictor, supply station, assault dread, heavy cruiser, assault cruiser, and command dread. Thats enough to handle pretty much any situation wouldn't you say?

[ This Message was edited by: Sensitivity on 2010-05-01 22:24 ]

i keep 3 combat ships,1 station,dictor, leaves me 3 slots open for whats needed. i don't see why it would be hard for a ugto player that only has 4 really good ships at admiral rank or better.

Email Borgie
Sixkiller
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-02 04:37   
Battle Station, Command Station, Supply Station, Elite Assault Dread, Battle Dread, Battle Cruiser, Interdictor, Heavy Transport. 8 slots. must say i dont really require more. If i need something, i scrap the transport, and spawn either a supply ship or an engineer. however, i can imagine some people want a command dread in there to. I also still support the idea of BUYING more garage slots.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-02 05:38   
buy more slots is a good idea. I have all 3 types of stations, AD, HC, guppy for a keepsake and the last 2 slots are for situational things but usually sit at a engiee/transport and a CD. 8 is nice since I am still used to (even after all this time with the 6 that we had when I started.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Nimitz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-02 06:28   
I've got 3 cruisers, 2 dreads, Heavy Sup and Scout. I haven't got anything yet to fill the last slot, so it's shared between a hvy transport or extractor. Soon to come may be a station and/or EAD.

There are accusations floating about that people always fly the biggest ship, well with just 8 slots, I might have to do that now!

I also support the option of paying for more slots. At least it's an option rather than none.
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-02 08:20   
We're toying with being able to purchased additional slots. It's something I'd personally like to see. We're also looking into ways to restrict large ships being spawned within quick succession.

Two birds, one torpedo.

Glaceon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-02 10:29   
yea moar ship slots =( cause i have to keep the "collectors item" guppy carrier cruiser in my ship select

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-02 11:20   
Quote:

On 2010-05-02 08:20, BackSlash wrote:
We're toying with being able to purchased additional slots. It's something I'd personally like to see. We're also looking into ways to restrict large ships being spawned within quick succession.

Two birds, one torpedo.

thats a service i might think about paying for

Email Borgie
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-02 21:56   
Nymph - Because it reminds me of the old Claw. Also needed a small ship for my rare pirate enhancements. Was my old RR farmer.

Transport - Because sometimes you just need to survive the drop.

Clavate - Have to have a bomber, and the Clav is very effect if modded correctly

Piercer - Currently have one modded, but I consider it a drop ship if I need a slot.

Ganglia - Hey, if your gonna give me a missle spammer, dont blame me if I mod it for distance and spam away.

Krill - Modded for heavy damage.

Krill - Modded for rapid fire

Colony - I hate stations. How many times do I have to say it. I think I have a few mods on it, but not anything I have bought. I use it to build and for capping yellow in safer servers. This is for sure a drop ship.

My ships are modded for my style. I have credits to burn, which allows me to drop a fully modded blue ship with 18 dura left if I feel the need. Two of my ships contain rare mods that I wont drop at all.

Extra slots are nice, but there is a whole area of tactics that come to play when choosing a ship to spawn. I would hate to see that lost.

I'm truly torn on the idea of purchasing additional slots. One side of me says that it would be cool to have extra ships. The other side of me ponders what more strategic aspect will become watered down by it's addition.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Page created in 0.018772 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR