- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » how to break up planet hugging
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author how to break up planet hugging
Dorans imaginary buddy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-03 19:09   
i know this is gonna sound crazy and most of you are not going to like this idea but i have never seen it.

my idea is to get rid or pres loss. what good does it do anyway? it doesnt increase fighting or make the game more fun or build buildings or even scout the enemy. if pres does anything its make people scared to die because they will lose some pres and get demoted or get sick of the amount of pres they just lost in that "great" battle. i cant tell you how many times it has stoped whole games (rounds w/e) because of the "omg ima lose 1k pres" i understand how you could think it is needed but it really isnt (or atleast to the point that it is stopping combat and fun)

i mean sure a rank and a comprehensive level system are infact needed in every single game but why dont you make it so a person says "ok guys were gonna attack them!" and duke it out until the last man standing and have a truely fun exciting fight. most people say "well if we attack them we might lose pres" thats the leading cause of planet hugging.

im not asking for nerfs or better ships i just want to have a fun game in sag. but due to this it is vary rare to find a fight worth fighting because most of them i die in due to that one krill thinking it would be funny to vaporize me or that EAD stalking me. i dont mind dying or losing pres, i mind if my team does.

With directed focused annoyence
Spirit

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-03 19:25   
Great, so we will down prestige gain by 90%.

[ This Message was edited by: Sensitivity on 2010-05-04 20:29 ]

Email Sens [R33]
Dorans imaginary buddy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-03 19:30   
Quote:

On 2010-05-03 19:25, Sensitivity wrote:
Great, so we will down prestige gain by 80%.

uh... what... omg i made a difference, oh is that sarcasem i smell? haha no one has said anything about reducing pres loss on the forum from what i saw so i thought heck ill give it a shot. i think i should get a A for effort tho.

Anyway look at BF2 it was so populer because people would go out kill everyone else die then come back and keep on doing that. im not relating the TYPE of game to DS but the point is they still lose EXP (same as pres) but its about 5 per death and it doesnt change.

AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-03 19:35   
It could be worse, imagine if the prestige loss was like the final fantasy MMO. Spend 5 hours grindan with yer fleet, then die, and lose 10 hours of work
And bury you with honesty.

I'll make all your dreams come to life,
And slay them as quickly as they came.

Dorans imaginary buddy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-03 19:42   
Quote:

On 2010-05-03 19:35, MarshalChaos wrote:
It could be worse, imagine if the prestige loss was like the final fantasy MMO. Spend 5 hours grindan with yer fleet, then die, and lose 10 hours of work

as true as your comment is it is already like that because each battle is normally rare and not vary fruitful.

Katejina
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-03 19:57   
Yeah I liked it back when people didnt planet hug and everyone had huge fights away from any planets back a few years ago idk what changed that though.

Deth *CO2*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-05-03 20:05   
i agree with chaos that was some uber loss lol that's one reason i dont play it anymore and i also aggre with spirat thats a good idea

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-05-03 22:28   
Quote:

what good does it do anyway?

-promotes tactics and more teamwork.
-keeps people from jumping u with 5% hull over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

without players working together to accomplish a goal the game, the faction, and maybe fleet's organization would just fall apart. little or no teamwork would be required so why would ppl work together if they no longer need to?

yes, bein jumped by a 5% hull dread when ur in ur own dread or station or whatever and being able to kill it over, and over, and over...*yawn*...and over, again would be fun for a while but eventually its gunna get to the point where its going to be plain ennoying. tryin to bomb a planet with a command dread, bomber cruiser, etc with a good sized group of dreads providing cover? 1 enemy dread pilo logs on, jumps in, takes a nice chunk out of one of ur ships hulls before being destroyed. turns out he has a sy planet near by, at which he can build all the brand new shiny dreads he wants. he keeps jumping ur fleet over, and over, and over, and over(i think u get the point by now) again. 10 deaths later, ur fleet is destroyed. who knows maybe u dont have ur own sy in that system/server to spawn new ships to hit him back with. maybe u do? say he just jumps ur bomber every time. good luck saving it when ur all stuck in the planet's dictor.

yes, enhancments may stop people from useing those ships they have invested ~$8.00 in modding to go out there and loose them all in 5 min, but who said they had enh on the ships?

yes is would be LOTS of fun for a few days to not have any pres loss(maybe save that for some special holliday, or go to beta) but in the long run... nty

[/pointlessjibberish]

-Space

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-04 01:00   
Let me tell you how to break planet hugging.

You get 6 mds try to break ugto formation . Wont work for kluth .
You get 6 bomber dreads and bomb 6 planets at the same time.
You get 6 trannies and rush 2 different any planets at a time.
You get 6 trolls on /y chat and bore enemy to log.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-05-04 03:49   
MDs work fine for about as long as it takes to station spam.
Bombing is hit and miss right now...for a LOT of ppl its more miss.
trannies caps,,,yeah...works til all those stations show up.
and last but not least

HEY>>>I RESEMBLE THAT STATEMNT...

errr....resent?

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-04 04:38   
Quote:

On 2010-05-04 01:00, Pakhos wrote:
Let me tell you how to break planet hugging.

You get 6 mds try to break ugto formation . Wont work for kluth .
You get 6 bomber dreads and bomb 6 planets at the same time.
You get 6 trannies and rush 2 different any planets at a time.
You get 6 trolls on /y chat and bore enemy to log.

pretty much sums it up right there

Email Borgie
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-04 05:32   
Pres loss isn't the issue too much, its the 10-20min wait to get your ship repaired and shields recharged that is the annoying part. If ships repaired faster or just came back into the world with 50% everything you would get fights a lot faster paced and a lot more deaths. Losing a station is NOTHING anymore, I remember when people would cry at the loss of there station. It would cost 1200-2k pres which made you leery to use them at all. Dreads were the same too, lose a good 600 or more pres from an AD and you were lookin for your cruisers.

If you upped the pres loss instead of the crap shoot it is now, you would see a LOT less station space/dread space we all see now. People would be too scared to lose all that pres from a single death. Some might not care and drive a station anyways but in the general list of things, people are greedy for there pres. With AI farming now you can gain back that 2k station death real fast, unlike in the old days. This is why we see stationspam and all those posts on "NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF" and people rioting in the streets with pichforks and torches.

When I came back to DS after leaving in disgust at 1.5 launch I noticed the massive press loss nerf. At first I was happy, but then come reality. Death became meaningless, losing a station was a "meh" and not a "OH no I lost a good 4hrs of pres." Make death COUNT and people will shy away from the big boys.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
FridgeTentacleMonster
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-04 05:36   
You know, this is actually not the worst idea and should be given careful consideration. Prestige loss does, IMHO, NOT slow down ranking up significantly, if you don't waste dread after dread. In low ranks (=smaller ships), it is almost negligible. It only promotes being careful with dreadnaughts, stations, maybe cruisers.

So, in order for this to work, a respawn timer based on the res lost on death would have to be introduced, however. And don't tell me it wouldn't work, it works in many games. Else, you will end up with stations freely used as kamikaze bombers.. =3 This actually works BETTER, since people that simply do not care about their pres loss are also affected.

Of course i realize this will be way down on the todo list, but maybe it can be seen as an option.

EDIT: just seen the post before me. This is, of course, also very true! (as evident from my first paragraph)
[ This Message was edited by: DG-1000E on 2010-05-04 05:38 ]

| Dark Hiigaran |
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-04 06:21   
if that happenes all hell will break lose ..... u fight some one and u win with 20hull and he just gets a fresh ship and kills u again even if u are around with 10 Supply stations .... he'll jump just to kill you no worring for his own safty/press lsot

Email | Dark Hiigaran |
FridgeTentacleMonster
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-04 07:41   
Did you read the thread?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022281 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR