- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » should the other factions become like ICC?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author should the other factions become like ICC?
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-12 01:42   
Quote:

On 2010-05-12 01:32, Sixkiller wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-10 16:07, Aeraesoria wrote:

You should realise that ICC's armor is paper thin compared to UGTO because they have two layers, while ICC have one. ICC then have their entire shield to rotate to the arc, so basicly, its defensive power is much greater then UGTO's. Added to that the point of ICC not needing a lot of supply ships, i think we can generally state that it is not as bad with ICC as some people make it sound.

What he was meaning was that with the damage that UGTO dose the CD and for that fact all of ICC, run out of there shields real fast. Leaving what little protection that our "armor" dose. UGTO can blast through 400% of shields really fast vs ICC having a major issue doing much but pea shooter damage in return. The damage ICC dose is fine but its the flip side that ICC is suffering from, we recive too much damage and for a defensive faction, this is bad.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Aeraesoria
Admiral
Synchronicity

Posted: 2010-05-12 03:20   
Correct, as I stated before shields on dreads take at least 10 to 15 minutes to recharge under non combat conditions. AND yes I know someone "SMART" is gonna say why don't you use REACTIVE shields they got a faster recharge rate.

Those reactive... are for a better term... weaker compared to active shields and also provide one or two layers less of protection compared with active shields. I would never in my right mind ever use a reactive shield on a ship bigger then a destroyer... why?

Cruisers size and up... you go at a much slower rate of speed and acceleration... that means one thing... you are easier to hit. Even easier to hit a dread when it moves like a freight train... takes a while to speed up and takes a heck of a while to slow down.

Dreads are big targets but not so much as a station which is equally as slow as it is a big target. Reactive shields charge 1% per second. Actives DO NOT charge at the same rate.

UGTO armor on the other hand... it doesn't matter why type of armor nor the size of the ship... rep without a supply ship at 1% per second I think... it's been a while since I last flown a UGTO ship... and it's quite possible I'll go test this in the beta server. So long as UGTO has rep that is above the active shield of the ICC they will always come out on top because of the ridicules rep amount on armor when compared to the active shield...

Plain terms... either ICC gets a little increase in shield recharge or is able to have their shields recharged by supply ships and platforms or SS. OR UGTO takes a nerf to armor so they match the same repair/recharge rate as compared to ICC shields. THEY are the same race just different factions who live in different parts of the universe.

K'Luth on the other hand have organic like ships and their recharge/repair in my eyes seem fine. Their main defense as compared to UGTO armor and ICC shields is cloak. The only time this ever gets compromised is when they have ppl they are facing have ECCM's and lots of them or a few sensor scouts who can becon. Pinging is the one way to get the location of a nearby K'Luth is just dying to get so close to your butt so he can alpha you to death.

I know for a fact that this can be done because last night I ran to risk of flying in my Combat Dread which I rarely fly unless conditions are just right. All the times I've flown the hunk of metal I've always got blown up... most of the times I got blown up it was done by a K'Luth. Only reason why I survived was because I knew the K'Luth dread was close to me and knew he'd single me out because I was the only Dread on at the time for my faction, he could have gone after the juicy support station but he chose me. I turn ECCM on and fine he's 500 to 600 gu off to my 9 o'clock.

Now... anyone in their right mind will do two things... retreat closer to that station and call in support. Option B is open fire with everything you got and blind shoot the thing to death while buddies jump in to support and ping and becon. All I can say is I got lucky that time that I was paranoid enough to realize I was in danger and pinged. I ONLY survived though because of one thing. SUPPORT from several cruisers, a destroyer or two and a scout or two. If they hadn't responded in time I would have came out of that with a severely damaged combat dread
[ This Message was edited by: Aeraesoria on 2010-05-12 03:22 ]

Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-12 03:26   
Quote:

On 2010-05-12 01:32, Sixkiller wrote:

You should realise that ICC's armor is paper thin compared to UGTO because they have two layers, while ICC have one. ICC then have their entire shield to rotate to the arc, so basicly, its defensive power is much greater then UGTO's. Added to that the point of ICC not needing a lot of supply ships, i think we can generally state that it is not as bad with ICC as some people make it sound.

On the point of amount of armor you are correct. On the wonders of shield rotation you are also correct. On the principal of not being as bad as lead to believe you are incorrect.

From firsthand experience ICC suffers greatly due to their shields for only one reason..... Regeneration rate. For example (taken from personal experience) I had the wonderful chance to go 1 on 1 with a battle cruiser against my heavy cruiser. We both took gaping chunks out of each other’s armor and hull. He was back at 100% while I was still at 45% on shield regeneration. That's a debilitating condition for a defensive faction. If anything ICC, being a defensive faction, should have the advantage when it comes to taking damage and recovering from it.

A parallel would be if UTGO weapons took twice as long to cycle compared to ICC and K'Luth. Would that be seen as a glaring defect which would decrease the UTGO mantra of being an offensive faction because you cannot produce enough offence to be effective?

It's a matter of relevance. As a defensive faction we cannot defend ourselves as efficiently as other factions... plain and simple. As long as K'Luth and UTGO can regenerate quicker than ICC we can never live up to our defensive faction mantra.... we will always be sub-par.

That being said I do enjoy ICC simply because they fit me slightly better than K'Luth and I do not feel like I fit UTGO at all. I will make do with what I have on the ICC. That is why I maintain mostly HC's in my garage so I can remain competitive and when I run out of ships I hide out in Cassiopeia until all my shields regenerate. I just wish I didn't have to go hide in another sector waiting for my ships to regenerate shields..... Leaving my friends and comrades twisting in the wind.

Again another reason ICC needs to fly tight cover with cruisers.....

/soapbox

[ This Message was edited by: Great Budda on 2010-05-12 04:36 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-12 11:06   
i think topics like this are a waste of time since the dev staff really doesn't care.

Email Borgie
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-12 13:32   
Quote:
should the other factions become like ICC?

Well K'luth were in .483 if you remember that far back, so we know what it is like.
90% of players were in Scales, Claws and Clavates. Only the very brave or stupid took out a mandible or Ganglia.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-05-12 18:32   
Quote:

On 2010-05-12 13:32, Pegasus wrote:
Quote:
should the other factions become like ICC?

Well K'luth were in .483 if you remember that far back, so we know what it is like.
90% of players were in Scales, Claws and Clavates. Only the very brave or stupid took out a mandible or Ganglia.

i was one of those Mandible pilots back then.

and yes, ICC shield regeneration needs to be buffed. it was nerfed too much. lessening the armor amount on dreads, or decreasing the effectiveness of UGTO Dread weapons against cruisers and smaller would be helpful. like having ultra slow projectile speeds like dreads used to have. the problem is, is that UGTO dreads have cruiser-speed weapons, and they rarely miss under 500 GU. slow down the projectiles, make them need a smaller ship to kill the annoying dessie or cruiser. that's my 2 cents.

[ This Message was edited by: Leonide *ADM* on 2010-05-12 18:33 ]

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.027786 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR