- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Dev log1
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author Dev log1
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-11 23:18   
Transmiting ..... ...... ...... ..... ... Hold on , gonna quick log .... i am lagged...

ok, back.

Receiving transmision..........

- Flux wave now affected by enhancements. (I am gonna say , woah poor icc guy , he is a fish out of water)

- The Nexus Node no longer has the hitbox of a moon (wait... that's no moon!). (And i was thinking how could i orbit one of em)

- Tweaked K'luth cannon ranges slightly. This should bring them more towards the ranges we intended them to fight at. ( Why do u intend something that kluth doesnt want to fight at?)

- Changed "Wait VB" to "Vertical Sync" in the options. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. ( Good job)

- Fixed an issue with the K'luth Dreadnought death animation. ( Why cant we have a decent death?)

End of dev log1..

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-12 00:28   
erm. Interesting. Now that you've pointed it out, I went and checked it out myself.

So first ICC had their IC range nerfed. Now Kluth cannons too... Since I assumed that these tweaks would mean "shortened". And what does "intended to be" mean? Cos a faction with miserably weak armor would logically want to hit you from as far away as possible, right?

Next, tell me what's in store for UGTO?
I assume that they might be the exception to the rule and get buffs instead.
I wish we had more bug mods or devs...

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-05-12 00:29 ]

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-12 00:31   
i think nerfing the kluth cannon range is a bad idea it will force the smaller ships to engage at closer range. cannons were always there so we could actually shoot something at med to long range. This makes cannons on a ganglia a nice fit. we already have enough close ranged weapons reducing the range puts them about the same range as torps so might as well just use the torps. its not like the cannons are gonna kill anyone. cannons should either be increased in range or increased in damage

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-12 00:34   
So in chaos math does a ICC and K'Luth nerf equate to an UTGO buff?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-12 00:37   
Quote:

On 2010-05-12 00:34, Great Budda wrote:
So in chaos math does a ICC and K'Luth nerf equate to an UTGO buff?

Dunno. We need a Lobster mod/dev to work that equation out.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-05-12 04:10   
not gonna happen.
and welcome to the ICC's World of Nerfs.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-12 04:35   
But is the equation accurate of nerf + nerf = buff?

Anathemia
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-12 05:41   
logically speaking, can't be "strong" or "weak" without comparing to something else. so yeah, that's a buff for ugto they get stronger relative to the other two factions >.>

DarkCloudd
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-12 06:02   
Yes a nerf + nerf = buff for the untouched faction. If the other 2 have changed and the 3rd didnt then they are superior... again.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-12 07:38   
Some major wrong thinking going on here.

1. K'Luth does have weaker armor. But they are NOT meant to hit from far away, as stated by Kenny. They are meant to get in close and hit the enemy, then cloak or jump out a little to get seperation.

2. Everyone missed the word small in front of the word tweaks. I believe the issue was that plasma was hitting from way more than 1000 out (a total bug if I ever saw one) and that with enhancements attached, psi range was still a bit too far as well. Kluth cannons should have a closer range than the other two factions. That is what they mean by intended. Kluth cant have the powerful weapons AND a range advantage AND a cloak, etc.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Nimitz
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-05-12 07:49   
Quote:

On 2010-05-12 07:38, Azreal wrote:

At last, an objective Kluth player!
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-12 08:43   
Quote:

On 2010-05-12 07:38, Azreal wrote:

1. K'Luth does have weaker armor. But they are NOT meant to hit from far away, as stated by Kenny. They are meant to get in close and hit the enemy, then cloak or jump out a little to get seperation.

2. Everyone missed the word small in front of the word tweaks. I believe the issue was that plasma was hitting from way more than 1000 out (a total bug if I ever saw one) and that with enhancements attached, psi range was still a bit too far as well. Kluth cannons should have a closer range than the other two factions. That is what they mean by intended. Kluth cant have the powerful weapons AND a range advantage AND a cloak, etc.

A small tweak for Kluth cannon is fine. TBH, it doesn't really bother me.
A "small" tweak for ICC Ion Cannon is... well.... LOL. History.

I see it as a matter of principle.
Maybe the 3rd faction could use some tweaking of their own. A small reduction in armor, or repair rate.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-12 09:18   
I did the tweaks (if you mouse over the - in the dev log you can see who made the change), as I do most of the K'luth stuff. I'll explain the dev log entries instead of you guys jumping to conclusions.

- Tweaked K'luth cannon ranges slightly. This should bring them more towards the ranges we intended them to fight at.

The K'luth had the same range on their cannons and SI. This allowed for a K'luth ship to sit at 800gu (and beyond) and fire all of their ordinance (minus beams) at the target with relative safety and ease. When looking at the values a trend that had not been followed with K'luth apeared. ICC had a difference of 25gu between their cannons and core weapon, UGTO had 125, and K'luth had 0. I corrected this by lowering the PSI cannon range to 660 and the Plasma range to 640. This averaged out to 650, the correct level between the two.

We believe that K'luth should be mostly be engaging at the sub 650gu~ mark and this change goes further to encourage that sort of play.

There was also the matter of the Heavy Plasma Cannon being bugged to have 960 range instead of the 800 it was supposed to. As a result of this change all K'luth cannons now have a range of 650gu~. This is to further reinforce the K'luth design of getting in close and doing damage. They are not designed to be used at 800gu outwards for the sort of purposes we were seeing.

With the data we have, this change only affects a small amount of users. The majority of you uncloak at sub 650gu ranges and use the ships as they're designed. However we were starting to see a trend on a few ships which allowed them to be used at 1400gu. This change is to curb usage away from those trends and to further reinforce the design of how K'luth are meant to be played.

I personally checked with what I consider to be valued and knowledgable K'luth players to see what kind of affect this would have to gameplay. Each and every result reinforced the decision that this would only affect a minority of players who had discovered what I consider to be a loophole in our design.

- Fixed an issue with the K'luth Dreadnought death animation.

Your death animations weren't playing until they end (disapeared half way through before fading out). I corrected this on both the normal and advanced K'luth hulls.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-05-12 09:24 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-12 09:45   
Change the range of HPC from 960 to 800 doesn't change the fact that HPC fire is slow, and many people can dodge from that far.

I'm not playing Kluth frequently, but I can state that Kluth never relies on those HPC or PSI cannon. Most of the time they depends on Stellar and Assault Beams.

I suggest that Ganglia has more shock missile or hoard, less beams, and the range of Shredder missile should be longer.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-12 09:50   
Quote:

On 2010-05-12 09:45, Diep Luc wrote:
Change the range of HPC from 960 to 800 doesn't change the fact that HPC fire is slow, and many people can dodge from that far.

I'm not playing Kluth frequently, but I can state that Kluth never relies on those HPC or PSI cannon. Most of the time they depends on Stellar and Assault Beams.

I suggest that Ganglia has more shock missile or hoard, less beams, and the range of Shredder missile should be longer.

All ranges got reduced to 650gu~. This should help with those slow plasma bolts hitting the enemy.

As I stated above, this only affects a minority of players who were using a particular setup in some cases. Most players should see little to no difference.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023536 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR