No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » New form of insidious sabotague
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author New form of insidious sabotague
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-12 08:07   

Ok, I have witnesses to back me up on this, and if I see this again I will ask the staff to pull the logs and investigate.

Somebody is going into Andro (at least there, not sure about other servers) and doing some planet tweaking that makes them more vulnerable to bombing.

Let me explain.

When building a planet, anyone except a nub knows to keep the structures off the equator. All but idiots know you dont leave a structure isolated and unprotected. Especially if it is, say a cort or a colony hub.

Well, Sensas and I spent 2 days working off and on in Andro, fixing planets that were setup to be bombed. There had previously been a UGTO invasion, and the planets needed fixing. We speculated then that the layouts looked strange. Domes, colony hubs, corts and food built on the equator or southern hemisphere. Defenses are mostly all in the northern hemi.

It has only been two days since we rebuilt and locked everything and I log in again and I find Sag Hotha with defenses taken down and replaced with mines. Structures moved back to the equator, including the domes, food and colony hubs, on over half the planets. Planets locked at commander level, if locked at all. Most importantly, I could no longer find a single planet that was any longer locked at Marshal. If the server had been invaded, I would understand that. If another Kluth Marshal unlocked them, then why would they do it for some nub to come in and move the buildings like that?

There has been no invasion there this week. So there is no reason for the movement of the structures, and the placement of them seems more than fishy. When you stop and look and see that ALL the planets have been likewise treated then it's not fishy any more. When you factor in that almost half of those planets were locked at Marshal, then it becomes absolutely crystal clear that somebody is playing a sad game.

The whole thing just reeks of sabotague.

I have noticed twice now where a server has been stormed virtually within an hour or so's time. I keep seeing the same fleet tag on the planets.

Make it clear. I am not suspicious, I know what you are doing and how.

The factions should be aware of this semi-new tactic, and should probably check their systems to make sure this hasnt happened to them as well.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-12 08:18   
I believe Faustus altered the code to change the lock on planets to the level of the highest ranked player online on a faction.

i.e. if you leave that server it'll set the lock to Commander if the next highest rank is a Commander.

Of course, the re-structuring of planetary setups is suspect indeed. (especially given that scrapping and rebuilding an entire planet doesn't give you that much prestige)

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-12 08:24   
I too have noticed this as well, same thing with Exertha. Maryter found it completely lacking in defenses at all and completely nub built (all 40 used). So he called me in to rebuild and fix it up nice in proper. This was a few days ago, now last night/today I find it with the same set up I have seen across all the barren planets and the like. All Defense Base II's and a bunch of buildings on opposite hemis, primarily tech and food completely unprotected. So I have now fixed it AGAIN, and have been slowly reworking all of cassi's planets to the proper mix of type I and type II defenses.

Almost all of the BD planets (except the ones I have gotten to) are this way too. All DEF II with minimum tech, all waiting for 1 bomb to hit to KO the entire defense. I don't know if this is sabo or just some noob but this had GOT to stop. The new "unlocking" system is to blame for this, as planets now unlock to the lowest ranked player on after the locking player leaves the server. This system was put in place AGAINST most of the players wills, all to please some noobs who wanted to build in the metaverse. If you want to learn to build you effing build in Scenario NOT THE MV! This is why all of the planets in the home systems were locked GA or higher to STOP this kind of thing. I said sabo would be rampant if planets unlocked after the player leaves......and guess what?

A new idea thats been suggested and bouncing around would be to have planets locked based construction, and not rank. This seems to be a more fair system because some players are really good builders but lack the rank to enforce anything.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-12 08:40   

The plot thickens.

If logs can be pulled, and the guilty party is an Alt.... pls expose him and his real account here.

Really.... faction hopping and planet sabotaging. LOL.

Anathemia
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-12 08:53   
I see the new players we've had recently aren't all honest. It really is sad though. We've had sabotage before but I guess what doesn't kill them, makes them stronger.

If I ever catch the person doing this... -.-

cloud0418
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-12 10:09   
I thought something was up yesterday when I was in BD. 2 of the planets had 4-5 sensor bases, no dictor base, and the rest PD II bases, all located at the northern hemisphere. I'll be keeping a lookout too.

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-12 11:01   
Never assume malicious intent when you can attribute something to sheer incompetence...

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-12 14:37   
I perused the logs. The only players disabling or scrapping structures are those who shortly thereafter rebuilt them -- ie, players trying to help improve the buildings. I didn't notice anything that looked like sabotage. The best guess I have is AI bombers and AI engineers...

Email Shigernafy
Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-05-12 15:29   
iv seen this alot in lacerta planet end up with alot of mantle extracors etc in place of barracks sensors and def bases im not sure this is done as sobotague but more about building pres. im not sure on the numebr but id guess it dont cost alot ro scrap a barrack and make a few pres building a mantel extracor.

at;east i hope this is the case and not out and out cheating.

Email Steveyk
Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-12 15:35   
Quote:

On 2010-05-12 08:07, Azreal wrote:

ZOMG NUBS BAN BAN BAN

New players. Get used to em, because hopefully we'll be seeing many more of them.

Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2010-05-12 15:54   
Appreciate it Az i have seen this similar setup I logged on last ngith abt 2-3 AM EST and foun a few planet near the Sag transfer gate in Lac. Server converted the similar way i took abt an hour converting them back. We'll keep an eye out.

Signature size too large, please resize (600x200x100kb)

Email Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon   Goto the website of Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2010-05-12 17:00   
To be honest i was getting questions from some kluth players the other day asking if i had seen any suspect players on kluth sabotague about ugto players i was playing on ugto the best part of a day and seen nothing in the slightest to suspect any wrong doing.
I just put it down to nubness and ai

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-12 17:50   
*evil laugh*

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-12 18:08   
there some ICC/UGTO player sgoing from the MV and into Andromeda to bomb and cap some planet, Maybe since Planet capture Stats are sor hard to gain now, guess AI recaps em over time and rebuild em
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-05-12 18:17   
another reason to add to get rid of AI completely, like it used to be. AI engineers are a complete liability.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028760 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR