Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » New form of insidious sabotague
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author New form of insidious sabotague
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-12 19:49   
AI don't scrap planets, and AI can't bomb a planet worth beans if it so much as have a few bases. If its a nub I have to say these planets look awfully too well thought out for one, all the bases are spaced evenly and everything. These are not AI rebuilding the planet, they don't even build defenses! This is sabo but a new undetectable way.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-05-12 19:56   
sabotage

sabotage

sabotage

sabotage

dictionary.com

Sensas
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-12 20:05   
The builds Azreal and i have seen in Androm would be no where near the quality that would make it possible for an ai to bomb it, nor were the buildings made by the ai even in the normal build lists.

The original builds we noticed when we started fixing it were built that anyone with razing inf would disable a planet with 2 - 4 razes or so, without so much as any trouble in doing so. Tech, Power, Food, even Domes and Colony Hubs on the equators, not even the ai would build all on the equator or 1 square up or down from it, definitely not an ai bomb & build job.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-12 20:28   
Ok il rephrase, ~~~~~~I~~~~~ bombed and capped 2 to 3 Planet In adromeda Close to the Sag gate about a week or 2 ago in a Command Carrier,

If none of any of you rebuilt it, there is your problem, Who did?

[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2010-05-12 20:31 ]
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-12 21:22   
Ironically, probably the easiest way to have people build more barracks and avoid the rabid scrapping for build pres would be to increase their build time

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-12 21:32   
Quote:

On 2010-05-12 20:28, Zero28 wrote:
Ok il rephrase, ~~~~~~I~~~~~ bombed and capped 2 to 3 Planet In adromeda Close to the Sag gate about a week or 2 ago in a Command Carrier,

That would have after we kicked you out Zero, Maximus, and he does know how to build...

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-13 06:55   
The logs would have to reflect a person scrapping a dome after rebuilding a dome. Or building a cort and then scrapping a cort.

Look. This is pretty simple. AI does not build corts. They dont build lvl 2 defs either. These buildings have been relocated to a part of the planet to make it easier to bomb.

This isnt as simple as scrap a few structures let ai rebuild. This isnt turn things off and lets come back and cap. It is and will be much harder to catch this type of sabo because the person is rebuilding the structures, just in a more vulnerable place.

Please. For pete's sake I know the difference in an ai build and a player build. I am aware of the limitations of the ai engies. I know how we left the system. I know how the planets were built just a few days before. It would have required a .483 mirvfest and rebuild to cause the amount of structure movement that I am seeing.

Im not even here to ask anyone what is happening. Im TELLING YOU to watch your systems. That's it.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-13 08:46   
Quote:

On 2010-05-12 21:32, Howlz wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-12 20:28, Zero28 wrote:

That would have after we kicked you out Zero, Maximus, and he does know how to build...

uh. NO one kicked me out, Actually no Kluth ever showed up, i just got bored and i had a meeting to go see a Car i might purchase so i logged
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-13 09:33   
Quote:

On 2010-05-12 14:37, Shigernafy wrote:
I perused the logs. The only players disabling or scrapping structures are those who shortly thereafter rebuilt them -- ie, players trying to help improve the buildings. I didn't notice anything that looked like sabotage. The best guess I have is AI bombers and AI engineers...

Same here. I pulled them and spent hours looking it over.

Email Challenger
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-13 12:37   
Quote:

On 2010-05-12 14:37, Shigernafy wrote:
I perused the logs. The only players disabling or scrapping structures are those who shortly thereafter rebuilt them -- ie, players trying to help improve the buildings. I didn't notice anything that looked like sabotage. The best guess I have is AI bombers and AI engineers...

But isn't that exactly what Az is saying? People are scrapping and rebuilding in a layout that makes it easy to bomb and/or RAZE? And I don't mean scrapping defenses and replacing with domes, I mean scrapping well-placed defenses and putting them in sub-optimal locations.

This is almost completely impossible to prove, that's why it's so ingenious. All the logs will show is that someone scrapped and rebuilt, and a different building layout is probably not enough to officially accuse the person of sabotage so long as defenses are being replaced by defenses etc. You can reasonably suspect someone who scrapped defenses and replaced with unneeded buildings of sabotage, but you can't suspect someone who replaced a defense base II with a defense base II of sabotage, just from a log.

Unfortunately there's not enough resources/manpower to investigate these, since it's way more than simply looking through logs.

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2010-05-13 18:30   
and what about the other day in the one 3 planet cluster that K'luth controlled? All the defences were turned off on all 3 planets and there was a UGTO supply platform sitting in the middle of the cluster. Nothing else was wrong with the planets, only the defence bases were paused...

It was the Thetis cluster. Thetis 1,2, and 3. Epsilon Caranie Aa system in the Procyon server...
[ This Message was edited by: Silent Threat { Vier } on 2010-05-13 18:35 ]

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-13 19:44   
Reading comprehension -5 on part of the greenshirts, i would say. (Shig is obviously excused for being drunk at the time!)

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-13 21:26   
Quote:

On 2010-05-12 19:56, Lark of Serenity wrote:
sabotage

sabotage

sabotage

sabotage

dictionary.com

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=A+Life

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Draxcyn
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-14 01:11   
same thing was happening at procyon
all dictors that blocked the path to procyon 3 were turned off last 2 to 3 weeks i guess. i turned them back on and most of the defenses on steel and umber were deactivated and they were gaurding the main backdoor gate of procyon.. coicidence? no?

perhaps they can make planets that are locked will stay locked even if server resets (idk if this has already been implemented.. just saying) and only the original feauture of locking planets stays only in Scenario servers and Beginner servers. this should prevent noobs/alt acc noobs/ai from sagi servers and andro servers or any other vital server that u dont want ur enemy faction to capture..from messing around/sabotaging with planets, and would let them (new players) realise that theres a reason u should only build at "BEGINNER SERVER" when u are new to building.
[ This Message was edited by: Cyndrax on 2010-05-14 01:16 ]

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-16 11:05   
Quote:

On 2010-05-13 19:44, NotAsStupid wrote:
Reading comprehension -5 on part of the greenshirts, i would say. (Shig is obviously excused for being drunk at the time!)

Gee sorry for making an attempt to help. I am sure you can figure it out on your own then!

Email Challenger
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028576 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR