No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » New form of insidious sabotague
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author New form of insidious sabotague
Fallen |3lood Angel*Kiyoh*
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-16 14:10   
why not make if a planet is locked by a fleet member of the fleet that capped the planet, it can only be unlocked by another fleet member of that fleet, if that makes any sense to anyone

Don't waste your time, Or time will waste you.

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-16 14:19   
Quote:

On 2010-05-16 14:10, Kiyoh of the Rain*Rogue* wrote:
why not make if a planet is locked by a fleet member of the fleet that capped the planet, it can only be unlocked by another fleet member of that fleet, if that makes any sense to anyone

That was the old method. Made planets very, very messy.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-16 16:45   
well whatever it is the reason still they staff dev or who ever need to either figure this out who doing it (so we can all starp the person or persons doing it to a pole and take some painsticks to teach them a lesson just an opion) orrr find a way to fix it heck staff thinks it ai why not test it out let say i don't a staff member go into a server like the beta and do whatever lock planet logt off you know go mess around on fourms and tell us it not a player go back a day or two later and see what has happend to the planet and if something has happend then sorry for being a jerk and those prove it the locking system and the ai if nothing has happend then that means it not the locking system and it not the ai someone actuall go around and sabto the planets and need to find a way to stop it

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-01 09:25   
I actually witnessed this yesterday in Rogen's Rift, someone logged in then immediately started scrapping defenses on Lopez then rebuilding them at the equator. I asked why he was doing this and got no response aside from another defense base being scrapped, so I locked all the planets and he logged off shortly after, again without saying anything.

Whether it was a new player just after build pres or someone trying to soften the planet up for later taking I don't know, but it's the exact thing that's being talked about in this thread.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-01 09:31   
Quote:

On 2010-06-01 09:25, Talien wrote:
I actually witnessed this yesterday in Rogen's Rift, someone logged in then immediately started scrapping defenses on Lopez then rebuilding them at the equator. I asked why he was doing this and got no response aside from another defense base being scrapped, so I locked all the planets and he logged off shortly after, again without saying anything.

Whether it was a new player just after build pres or someone trying to soften the planet up for later taking I don't know, but it's the exact thing that's being talked about in this thread.

Dang!!

U remember his name?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-01 09:42   
Unfortuntaely no, I thought I took a screenshot of the F2 window showing him orbiting Lopez with the "defense base has been scrapped by blahblah" showing but I must've hit print screen instead since there's no screenshot in the folder. The DS screenshot key takes some getting used to since it's different from everything else.

But even if I did remember I'd be reluctant to post his name on the forums incase it really was just a new player looking for build pres and not someone trying to sabotage planets, though if I see it happen again I'll remember to screenshot him scrapping stuff.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-06-01 09:52   
/report things like this when they happen.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-01 14:12   
.....I blame not thinking of /report at the time on lack of sleep. I did remember the name though, if an admin wants to take a look at the logs and see the details.

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-01 15:09   
Construction is logged in the server logs, so I can see what he built and scrapped, and it is in there, as well as your question to him.

Thanks for the report, Talien.

Email Mithrandir
Red October
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-26 07:21   
Nobody in my Clan would let me build on planets, so I go to Scenario to build to gain prestige. Hmmm... if I spot someone sabotaging, I will report it right then and there. Now I know what to look for in sabotaging incidents.

Email Red October
Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-26 08:07   
Actually, what you describe -- use of scenario to get build points is what I remember having to do oh so long ago in my first year or two of playing. I do recommend it generally. Although I love the MV, scenario was awesome and gave you lots of opportunities to try out the other factions.

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-26 09:28   
Heres a quick thought. Remove AI engineers from the MV.

All they do is mess up planets.

"Hey look, this planet has a research/tech issue, I know... Lets build 4 mines and a factory on it... that'll solve the issue"

They aren't in the slightest bit useful.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-26 10:35   
yeah how ever some people do like the ai energinners *the other sides ones anyway*

if it is the ai why not just remove them and fix the code so they don't act like complete stupid machines (unless thats what the devs wanted which my next questiong would be. Why?)

if its a person you might want to bring back in the locking system in the meta verse to what it was (perhapes minus the fleet unlockable only)

if either of those are 2 hard compare it with a new interface which allows certian ranks to declare a planet finished thus ensureing the only way for the planet to be unlocked is either.

a missing buildings from when it was declared completed

b is captured or recaptured or both

c a higher rank declares it not finished

i know it will requier massive ammounts of coding but it could quite effectivly end sabo because i doubt the main user would want to risk there main account just to make a planet easyer to capture.

and no i am not suggesting this idea for senerio because that goes onto the next one after 3 hours whats the point.

Quote:

On 2010-05-16 11:05, Challenger wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-13 19:44, NotAsStupid wrote:
Reading comprehension -5 on part of the greenshirts, i would say. (Shig is obviously excused for being drunk at the time!)

Gee sorry for making an attempt to help. I am sure you can figure it out on your own then!

i apoligize for him infact i think that person was not using there brain

for your infomation people they are only trying to help.

not to mention try to keep the game running.

if you want them gone i want you gone i love this game
[ This Message was edited by: jackbob on 2010-06-26 10:51 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-26 11:19   
There is nothing to /report, if you see someone moves the def from other lines to equator. Build def on 3rd, 4th line just to make it won't FF players, but it still hit sometimes, and most of the time it will FF station orbiting. Actually build def on equator is a good way to defend the planet from transport ship, however not so good against raze infs cause the raze infs usually appear in 3rd or 4th lines if they're not load on decisive spot.

Another reason to build def on equator to prevent orbiting ships. Ie: UGTO should build def on equator so that if ICC cap they can't orbit it and spam missiles without getting hurt.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-26 12:27   
Quote:

On 2010-06-26 11:19, Diep Luc wrote:
There is nothing to /report, if you see someone moves the def from other lines to equator. Build def on 3rd, 4th line just to make it won't FF players, but it still hit sometimes, and most of the time it will FF station orbiting. Actually build def on equator is a good way to defend the planet from transport ship, however not so good against raze infs cause the raze infs usually appear in 3rd or 4th lines if they're not load on decisive spot.

Another reason to build def on equator to prevent orbiting ships. Ie: UGTO should build def on equator so that if ICC cap they can't orbit it and spam missiles without getting hurt.

Never ever build on the equator anymore, why?

1. As you said, it will FF everything in sight

2. Easy raze.

3. poor coverage of buildings.

I know you are one of the sabo players, I have watched you scrap and rebuild a planet with all DEF II and 70 tech with barracks on the opposate pole of the defences. That exact build is ASKING to get capped, no sensor bases, and a single bomb will drop the tech shutting everything off.

In the old days building on the equator was a good thing, it helped protect the entire planet, regardless of where the other buildings were, also protected from cloud bombing. Now, you want to group everything, and give the defenses the best possible chance to do there job. By putting everything on the top OR bottom, NOT BOTH.

For those of you blaming the AI, get a brain! The AI doesn't scrap, and won't build tear II buildings either. So it can't be the AI, nor can it ever be them.

Recently I have seen builds (from capping UGTO planets) that have the defenses all over the place and power/tech in locations, with no rhyme or reason. Barracks are all over the place, with no though or reason to there location, really people don't know how to build a properly balanced planet anymore.

Lastly, the old locking system needs to be put back in place, why it was removed to this, was retarded. People were whining about not being able to practice building in the MV, well guess what, ITS NOT MADE TO PRACTICE! The MV is where you take what you have LEARNED and you PUT IT TO THE TEST. Scenario is where you learn to build, I did back when I first started, and so has everyone else. With the auto unlock system, its been a saboteurs wet dream ever since.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025760 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR