Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Core Weapons
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author Core Weapons
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-13 07:28   
QST doesn't have pwnzor splash anymore (sadface!).

We are looking into the range enhancements not affecting core weapons however.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-13 08:36   
A krill with range enhancements is no more powerful up front that a stock krill. Just because a player adopts a certain playstyle doesn't mean you can't counter it.

Email Sens [R33]
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-13 08:40   
Figures, he never complained before when he could use them, but ever since he resetted his account, he cry's "Core wep nerf"

Any smaller ships should easily dodge core weapons as it is, if you get hit by a core weap, its a sign your either to close to a dread, or yur flying in a straight line

if i have 1 thing to say about core weap is "Put more IC on the CD!!!!!!"

19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

xplosiv
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-13 10:48   
The solution here is simple, just switch the speed of the regular torp with the core weapon and vice versa

Katejina
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-13 17:46   
This is a horrible idea if anything the core weapons should be buffed hopefully back to ship popping status =P (and not have 20 of them on the krill =\ )
[ This Message was edited by: Katejina on 2010-05-13 17:47 ]

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-13 22:18   
Quote:

On 2010-05-13 01:47, Lonectzn wrote:
Are still too good.

I know they've gone through a couple nerfs, but that has been changed by the sheer number of them that go around and the enhancements available. Look at the krill - with range enhancements it becomes a cloaking long range sniper far outperforming missiles. And in general they really don't have any disadvantages over torps.

Ideally I would drop their speed massively. I'm talking slower than AM torpedoes. This would not change their use against large slow ships, by render them useless against anything small and quick, even at close range. It just makes no sense to have these things own everything.

I should say I'm biased, I always thought they were a terrible idea that basically became a cheap and lazy catch-all weapon. I'd still like to be rid of them altogether.

Please fill this form out and send it to the nearest "hugger"

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-05-13 22:51   
my understanding was their major drawback was energy consumption. although i would tend to agree theyre a bit too effective against smaller ships/groups of smaller ships.

Aeraesoria
Admiral
Synchronicity

Posted: 2010-05-14 05:50   
LAWLS Star that is freaking funny xD

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-14 05:59   
Quote:

On 2010-05-14 05:50, Aeraesoria wrote:
LAWLS Star that is freaking funny xD

its gonna be my answer to most whine posts now.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-14 06:01   
Quote:

On 2010-05-13 08:36, Sens, Shigernafy's Sentinel wrote:
A krill with range enhancements is no more powerful up front that a stock krill. Just because a player adopts a certain playstyle doesn't mean you can't counter it.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-14 06:12   
i want to see a mini ion cannon for a scout i dont care if it does the dmg of ONE fusion torps i just think it would be fun as heck to fly around in a scout pretending to be bad LOL

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-14 11:37   
Quote:

I'd like to remind K'luth players that whilst this is true, remember that K'luth are designed to be, and always have been in the passed, a short range, hit and run faction. This breaks the mould in a rather large way and we're finding people moving towards just flying this type of config more often.

I'd love an EAD with AHR, or cloak. Hell I'd love an AD with flux wave. I can't though, they're designed to be used on their factions, not on others. This is where the issue with the Krill comes from. It's a long range ship on a faction that is not supposed to have them. It can deal VASTLY large amounts of damage to an enemy ship at a range its not supposed to.

Try and remember these things when making your replies. Regardless on whether it's a viable strategy, balanced, or otherwise; the ship should not be on a faction designed for close range hit and run.

It will be fixed at some point. Think of it less as a nerf, more of a correction.

Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-14 12:31   
Quote:

On 2010-05-14 11:37, BackSlash wrote:
Quote:

I'd like to remind K'luth players that whilst this is true, remember that K'luth are designed to be, and always have been in the passed, a short range, hit and run faction. This breaks the mould in a rather large way and we're finding people moving towards just flying this type of config more often.

I'd love an EAD with AHR, or cloak. Hell I'd love an AD with flux wave. I can't though, they're designed to be used on their factions, not on others. This is where the issue with the Krill comes from. It's a long range ship on a faction that is not supposed to have them. It can deal VASTLY large amounts of damage to an enemy ship at a range its not supposed to.

Try and remember these things when making your replies. Regardless on whether it's a viable strategy, balanced, or otherwise; the ship should not be on a faction designed for close range hit and run.

It will be fixed at some point. Think of it less as a nerf, more of a correction.

Please remove krill, ganglia and range enhancements from the game. They're really confusing the players.

And also ICC Assault Dread should be removed from the game. It's too strong close range ship for long range faction ICC.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-14 12:52   
Quote:

On 2010-05-14 12:31, Lithium wrote:

Please remove krill, ganglia and range enhancements from the game. They're really confusing the players.

And also ICC Assault Dread should be removed from the game. It's too strong close range ship for long range faction ICC.

I totaly agree with JAck (miracles happen) about krill. Yes ,Kluth meant to be close range faction. But what I dont agree on why it is always kluth to be balanced towards other factions. Like you say , AD is very powerful ship as a kluth mandy or siphon at close range. The problem is , giving ranged weapons to those ships doesnt mean you cant use them in close combat. Then again , ganglia is the most weird ship given to kluth to fly. Also agree on range enhancement to be removed. It will only unbalance the game about ranges and better for the server which doesnt need to track every partical in the game more than what it supposes to.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-14 13:32   
Quote:

On 2010-05-14 12:31, Lithium wrote:

why not remove all ships > scouts ?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026095 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR