Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Core Weapons
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
 Author Core Weapons
philll
Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-19 05:05   
Wait, wasnt the reason of this post to limit core weapons, you want to stick them on fighters? Anyways, fighters as they are do plenty of damage in packs.
You cant compare damage output to real life, a scout can survive a full dread alpha in some cases, watch that happen in real life.

Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-19 05:56   
Happened alot during WWII...... PT boats got shot at by larger ships all the time and actually had a decent survivability because of their speed and manuverability......... unless they got run over.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-19 06:53   
Quote:

On 2010-05-19 05:05, philll wrote:
Wait, wasnt the reason of this post to limit core weapons, you want to stick them on fighters? Anyways, fighters as they are do plenty of damage in packs.
You cant compare damage output to real life, a scout can survive a full dread alpha in some cases, watch that happen in real life.

Fighters are currently armed with what? PC and Psi? They don't really do that much damage 'cos each carrier only carries a few of them. Limited in number due to server limits, as I heard. Furthermore, they're easily taken out by PD and pulse waves once they get near.

In the end, I see them as irritants, not as a threat. Doesn't really make carriers very useful other than in the diversionary or pre-attack role.

philll
Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-19 07:33   
I meant a full alpha actually hitting, 1 16" shell should be enough to tear any corvette vessel in half.

What would happen if you made fighters into flying torps that can be spamed at will? Theyd be effective sure, but the next thing to happen would be 8 Aggies sitting around a planet pumping them out non stop.
There would have to be a severe limit on their availability to stop another "unbalance" such as the core weapons as they are portaied now.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-05-19 09:45   
Quote:

On 2010-05-19 05:05, philll wrote:

I'd have to agree, core weaps on fighters is a bad idea. A new specialized anti-cap fighter with torpedoes, sure, but core weapons? Remember there are some cruisers with nothing but a general rank req that have fighters, it'd be like adding a pair of core weapons onto an ICC Border Cruiser.

I don't know about UGTO scouts but ICC scouts (and I'm pretty sure Kluth too) can't survive a full alpha from anything bigger than a Cruiser, and usually even that will do it if they get caught sitting at a planet.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-19 12:45   
What would happen if you made fighters into flying torps that can be spamed at will? Theyd be effective sure, but the next thing to happen would be 8 Aggies sitting around a planet pumping them out non stop.
There would have to be a severe limit on their availability to stop another "unbalance" such as the core weapons as they are portaied now.

[/quote]

there is a limit on fighters and stuff now you can only have so many out. I agree that fighters need to uped a little not much just a little but not core weapons or torps be to unbalance just need to up there weapons damage.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-19 17:39   
finally someone agrees to my Torpedo Bomber fighter
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-19 18:55   
Quote:

On 2010-05-19 17:39, Zero28 wrote:

Your not the first one to think it up, in fact its been discussed for a while now.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Glaceon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-19 22:08   
Quote:

On 2010-05-13 01:47, Lonectzn wrote:
Are still too good.

I know they've gone through a couple nerfs, but that has been changed by the sheer number of them that go around and the enhancements available. Look at the krill - with range enhancements it becomes a cloaking long range sniper far outperforming missiles. And in general they really don't have any disadvantages over torps.

Ideally I would drop their speed massively. I'm talking slower than AM torpedoes. This would not change their use against large slow ships, by render them useless against anything small and quick, even at close range. It just makes no sense to have these things own everything.

I should say I'm biased, I always thought they were a terrible idea that basically became a cheap and lazy catch-all weapon. I'd still like to be rid of them altogether.

imho core weps are supposed to be all that cause they are only for dreads and above and i think if u goten there u deserve a core wep + the krill is recuired at the rank of GA witch is like the battle station also has loads of core wep

Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-20 00:14   
Core Weapons were originally designed to Destroy All Small Ships in 1000 gu Area.
Therefore Core Weapons are currently underpowered.
[ This Message was edited by: Lithium on 2010-05-20 00:15 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Lithium on 2010-05-20 00:16 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-20 05:32   
the issue here is that Kluth have them of course. This should not be. They should only get mining beams and beacons.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Glaceon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-20 07:04   
Quote:

On 2010-05-20 05:32, Azreal wrote:
the issue here is that Kluth have them of course. This should not be. They should only get mining beams and beacons.

dont forget the 1 uber long recharge and uber weak powered super nerfed ruptor for point defence.

[ This Message was edited by: Mal2103 {R33} on 2010-05-20 07:05 ]

philll
Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-20 07:10   
I love how change brings everyone together

Glaceon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-20 07:12   
most of the time i get hit before by the krill because i thought was psi cannon shoot lol i was thinking just 1 psi cannon? the SI wer in the psi cannon cluster can we just make the core weps more vicible instead cause its hard to dodge what u cant see (ugto gets the most seen so easly dodged QST)

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-20 08:41   
Quote:

On 2010-05-19 18:55, Starcommand of ICC wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-19 17:39, Zero28 wrote:

Your not the first one to think it up, in fact its been discussed for a while now.
yup, a "DAM" while i was trying to bring this up

19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Page created in 0.031776 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR