No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Is ICC to OP???
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Is ICC to OP???
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-17 22:32   
I hear so much about how K'Luth are too op due to cloak, ahr, amjd, etc etc etc till they are blue in the face.

However, I would like to point out the following:

If UGTO or K'Luth hugg planets, ICC can sit in space and punch them with missles and cannons that shoot farther than anything we have. If ICC planet humps, they are pretty much invincible. They have an automatic "get out of missle spam free card" with pulse beams and pulse wave. They can still hit you from farther out with their missles and cannons, and because of the shear number that a single ship can spew in warheads, they overwhelm our best PD ships in seconds. If they park at the planet with massive eccm, then we are unable to get in close and combat at the planet as well.

So my question is, is ICC too op, or should they just stop crying about 'Luth's tech?

Which is it?

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-05-17 22:38   
I think ICC are the cats pajamas. Played right, they're impossible to hit and can deal out a constant nigh-undodgable stream of pain.

\"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.\" - W.O.P.R.

Stevefin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-17 22:41   
Actully ICC are too under powered, if you guys are fool enough to attack them from far with only missle dreads, than of cause they are going to win via range

ICC is a range and defence faction, hence why they do planet hug alot, as it is what the ICC is good for now days, Planet hug and hope they don't get jumped

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-17 22:45   
but Kluths advantage is cloak. How does that compare in damage output? How does a cloaked ship hurt anyone?

Stevefin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-17 22:46   
Your K'luth...think, You have a get out of combat free button

and also K'luth have the highest damage output in the first attack out of all of the three factions
[ This Message was edited by: Stevefin on 2010-05-17 22:51 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-17 22:50   
with pulse tech, sitting at a eccm spamming planet so does ICC

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-17 22:50   
lol oh oh so so it ok to bash luth cloak but we can't bash on icc ok lol that works for me just prove azreal point with this post lol.

Stevefin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-17 23:04   
Go play ICC and tell me how 'fun' it is to sit at a planet waiting to get attacked, than try attacking

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-17 23:06   
The natural counter to ICC is to get in close and make those missiles cause FF or be unable to fire. With the missile dread you get in close or behind it and its a useless sitting duck, the Support Station is the same deal. With the SS all thats shooting back are 6 beams and 4 HCL and 2 IC, about half the power of an AD. ICC is made for long range combat, and be the supreme ruler of that, with the pulse wave and to a lesser extent the pulse beams.

Also ICC has one major issue, focus fire, any of our ships just crumple like paper under any amount of focus firing. We can lose all 400% of shield HP in less then a few seconds when anymore then 2-3 ships shooting at one ICC. Our firepower is perfectly fine as is, we do damage but not an overload of it like how UGTO and Kluth can. The real issue ICC has is its shields, both in there inablility to be recharged and there severe lack of HP.

ICC is made to be hard to kill with a weak offense, aka the defender. Look at any other game that has a "tank", he can take a TON of damage but can't deal it out, which is what the damage dealer is made for. If you translated all the 3 factions into fantasy roles you would see this.

ICC: Tank
UGTO: Damage Dealer
Kluth: Roge/scout

The Kluth can hide and sneak around like how a roge can and back stab people. They can't take much damage at all and really rely on not being seen. To represent this, Kluth have low armor (and should have low hull HP too), cloak and to represent the back stab, massive damage dealing.
Note: with the hull hp upgrade that stations/dreads got a while back, Kluth have gotten a little too much "armor" in there hull HP. You can blast through the armor really fast and start hitting that squishy hull, which isn't so squishy.

UGTO is the DD, they can deal out a ton of damage while at the same time be able to receive some, but not a lot (this currently isn't the case with the depots aka the healer constantly healing them).

ICC is the tank, the guy that can take a beating and keep on rolling, but he can't deal that much damage back to his attacker. As a result, the healer of the group, also known in this game as depots, should be the one focusing on him so he can live longer.

Pit these 3 against each other and you have Dark space.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-17 23:17   
oh yea i agree with you star the thing behined this whole post is for the reason that you never see any bashing of icc shiled or ugto armor or anything like that. any bashing thread 90% of the time is to nerf luth not saying all are but most are. and that why az started this post each faction automatically says they are under powered what they don't get is how to play they think you should just run int shot kill and that be it and that what eve wow and all taht stuff is and most vets are just tired of the constant bashing of any faction. but most about how luth cloak and ahr are always oped but icc shield are never op ugto ships are never op but then they play luth and think we are weak. the game is fine as is now i mean it not .483 but at least it a little balance could use some tweak here and there but you know what i mean.......

Lunatiq
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-05-17 23:17   
Quote:

So my question is, is ICC too op, or should they just stop crying about 'Luth's tech?

Which is it?

You make a fair point, which I think has been reasonably countered. ICC ships, with the exception of maybe the HC, are energy hogs. All of them are vulnerable from the rear. Only a few have omni-directional weapons, and only stations have omni-core weapons. Their primary weapons have ammunition limitations. Their shields recharge very slowly and depots/supplies don't help. Against a single enemy head on, a good ICC pilot will do fine. But in heavy combat against multiple enemies attacking from different directions, they don't last.

They do have good manueverability and the ability to rebalance their shields. They can hit you from a good distance, if you stay out there.

Conclusion: ICC is not too strong.

Good ICC know how to fight kluth, and really good ICC know when to engage kluth and when to bug out, pun intended. Our vulnerabilities balance our strengths.

[ This Message was edited by: Looney Tickus on 2010-05-17 23:20 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-17 23:22   
That proves it.
THE GAME IS BALANCED!!

How? Why?

Kluths find it hard to attack ICC. From afar, their pulse waves decimate incoming missiles and mines. Up close, their shields are very effective against beam heavy Kluth ships. And ICC EW is second to none in DS.

Yes we can hurt them, but it will require teamwork and effort. But given equal numbers, ICC has the advantage.

Kluths have an easier time against UGTO, seriously. They're heavily armored and can rep up fast. Plus, they station spam.... LOL. But that's nothing that a good coordinated attack cannot beat. They don't have anything that can seriously take out our missiles or mines.

Given roughly equal numbers, give or take a few extra ships on one side, combat is still possible.

UGTO has a ball of a time vs ICC. Missiles? Easy. Just point jump them and hammer the crapola out of their hides. Up close, UGTO armor is second to none. In a knife fight, no question. UGTO owns ICC.

It seems to be a sort of rock-scissors-paper act right now. No faction truly has a clear advantage over the other, but the general slant seems to be.

ICC -> Kluth -> UGTO ->.... back to ICC.

The factions are more or less balanced. Ships are balanced.

But if you guys are complaining about too many players or stations or dreads on one faction as opposed to the other... then I'm afraid that's a numbers game. Definitely not a faction/ship balance issue.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-05-17 23:25 ]

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-05-17 23:27   
ICC are fantastic on the move.

>Grab heavy cruiser.
>Go full speed.
>Spam railguns til target dies.

You can do this from a ludicrous distance, without losing much if any energy. And if you've got the numbers, have a player or two in assault ships, ready to dive in on a wounded target or supply ship.

\"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.\" - W.O.P.R.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-17 23:30   
Quote:

On 2010-05-17 23:22, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
THE GAME IS BALANCED!!

that seditious thinking, you need to leave. now.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-17 23:42   
Quote:

On 2010-05-17 22:50, Azreal wrote:
with pulse tech, sitting at a eccm spamming planet so does ICC

Tell me about it....

Twice this week, I've destroyed entire groups of UGTO plats.

Can't say the same for ICC plats. With heavy ECCMs, beam-resistant shields, and with their pulse wave pre-detonating my mines.... they're a *female canine* to take out....

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022802 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR