Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Is ICC to OP???
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Is ICC to OP???
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-05-18 00:24   
Quote:

On 2010-05-17 22:38, Sardaukar wrote:
I think ICC are the cats pajamas. Played right, they're impossible to hit and can deal out a constant nigh-undodgable stream of pain.

Honestly I've been thinking this myself. As annoying as it is to have limited ammo for my main guns, the range on them is nice. Being able to pelt a large target (cruiser and up) with railguns from 1200 GU just makes me smile.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-18 02:27   
ICC is not OP....

A faction that sits back and lets ICC range(insert that word for sex without permission here) them, then they are oboviuosly doing something wrong. Besides, how often do ICC planet hump anyway?

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-05-18 03:45   
Quote:

On 2010-05-17 22:32, Azreal wrote:
I hear so much about how K'Luth are too op due to cloak, ahr, amjd, etc etc etc till they are blue in the face.

However, I would like to point out the following:

If UGTO or K'Luth hugg planets, ICC can sit in space and punch them with missles and cannons that shoot farther than anything we have. If ICC planet humps, they are pretty much invincible. They have an automatic "get out of missle spam free card" with pulse beams and pulse wave. They can still hit you from farther out with their missles and cannons, and because of the shear number that a single ship can spew in warheads, they overwhelm our best PD ships in seconds. If they park at the planet with massive eccm, then we are unable to get in close and combat at the planet as well.

So my question is, is ICC too op, or should they just stop crying about 'Luth's tech?

Which is it?

MD is beast!!!?!
I love my 4k MD

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-18 03:56   
As I am playing in all factions, I've heard many complaints about the other factions: UGTO station spam, ICC missile spam, Kluth cloak, etc... So what they do, if they don't spam that? Think, and admit the facts. Each faction is built to do that, and exceed other faction to spam in spectacular aspect. If one complaints other faction players are too ignorrant, stupid, crazy... to only play one tactic, I suggest one should spend time playing in that faction to know that the must tactic.

And by the way, for those who blame enemy faction to station spam or dread spam when attack your faction, can you suggest any better idea? Outnumber is a the most efficient strategy in MMO like DS. If your faction has the number, don't bother to raise difficulties to other players?

Why do many Kluth sponge on ICC to attack UGTO these days? Cause ICC has the pulse beams that make Scarab like a toy, and ICC shield is strong against SI. Gradually, Kluth players will lose the neutral tendency to attack the injured ship, they will focus on UGTO.

Conclusion, ICC should be very optimistic.

I remember ICC has the shield gen. But many players don't equip themselves with shield gen, so they have 2 aux gen to attack the enemy, and then moan the shield must be stronger. Extremely amusing!

And in no other faction but ICC, i'm so comfortable to play MD. So anyone plays in ICC should be more eager, and fervent.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-18 04:13   
Quote:

On 2010-05-18 03:56, Diep Luc wrote:
As I am playing in all factions, I've heard many complaints about the other factions: UGTO station spam, ICC missile spam, Kluth cloak, etc... So what they do, if they don't spam that? Think, and admit the facts. Each faction is built to do that, and exceed other faction to spam in spectacular aspect. If one complaints other faction players are too ignorrant, stupid, crazy... to only play one tactic, I suggest one should spend time playing in that faction to know that the must tactic.

And by the way, for those who blame enemy faction to station spam or dread spam when attack your faction, can you suggest any better idea? Outnumber is a the most efficient strategy in MMO like DS. If your faction has the number, don't bother to raise difficulties to other players?

Why do many Kluth sponge on ICC to attack UGTO these days? Cause ICC has the pulse beams that make Scarab like a toy, and ICC shield is strong against SI. Gradually, Kluth players will lose the neutral tendency to attack the injured ship, they will focus on UGTO.

I remember ICC has the shield gen. But many players don't equip themselves with shield gen, so they have 2 aux gen to attack the enemy, and then moan the shield must be stronger. Extremely amusing!

And in no other faction but ICC, i'm so comfortable to play MD. So anyone plays in ICC should be more eager, and fervent.

#1. Learn grammar

#2. The reason we don't like using auxiliary shield generators, low HP. Those things royally SUCK! One hit and there practically already gone, there good only on stations and even then there not all that great to have. We also don't use them so we can cover our power requirements when moving around, otherwise ICC wouldn't be able to move without bleeding energy. If we all used aux shield gens we would be bleeding energy like as if we had a cloak.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-18 04:56   
Quote:

On 2010-05-18 03:56, Diep Luc wrote:

Yes. Outnumbering an opponent seems to be the end-all tactics these days. So is spamming stations. Though I might say that "steamroller-ing" your opponents really ain't much of tactics.

This is also testament to the fact that factions are quite balanced pound for pound.... so the only thing left is to overwhelm the other factions with numbers.... or swarm them with heavyweights.

Next, K'Luths aren't "sponging" on ICC.
Get your facts right. We're merely offering you a temporary ceasefire of convenience against a common enemy, a'ight? Let's just say that many Kluths dislike Uggies more than they do Ickies. And a lot of us just wanna give them a little payback for dominating Sag for the longest time.... LOL. Hence our ceasefire of convenience.

Yes, your pulse wave will decimate our missiles and mines. But trust me.... we don't lay mines in an area and wait for you to trip over it. Ask your various scouts, frigs, dessies, trannies and suppies who have been vaporized with just one pass. In fact, I remember vaporizing YOU in one pass.... along with a couple of plats. But please... don't dis the Scab just 'cos you were a victim. It's all part of the game. You get vaped by me, I get vaped by your stations and dreads.

You should be optimistic now, 'cos you have only one enemy to fight. And when they jump you, you have some cloaked alien vessels to take part of the heat off ya.

Quote:

On 2010-05-18 04:13, Starcommand of ICC wrote:
#1. Learn grammar

#2. The reason we don't like using auxiliary shield generators, low HP. Those things royally SUCK! One hit and there practically already gone, there good only on stations and even then there not all that great to have. We also don't use them so we can cover our power requirements when moving around, otherwise ICC wouldn't be able to move without bleeding energy. If we all used aux shield gens we would be bleeding energy like as if we had a cloak.

Now now. You know what they say.
When you have nothing important to add, go after grammar.....

Regarding bleeding..... Hint: Learn energy management.
It's what they teach you in Lobster 101.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-05-18 05:24 ]

Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-18 06:16   
Quote:

On 2010-05-18 04:56, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Regarding bleeding..... Hint: Learn energy management.
It's what they teach you in Lobster 101.
ok let me put it this way on a AD u swap ONE Gen for a Shield gen you cant travel over 5 GU WITHOUT FIREING and not lose power you fire ONE ALPHA and u are at 0 energy the only ship i have managed to use a Aux shield gen on in the CD and that is only one and with 1 PFE and not able to travel full speed and fire for a extended amount of time remember ICC cant cloak and go hide and sit still to get energy BACK we must mantain energy throughout the fight

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-05-18 05:24 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-18 06:56   
Quote:

On 2010-05-18 06:16, Fleet Admiral Aranox wrote:

ok let me put it this way on a AD u swap ONE Gen for a Shield gen you cant travel over 5 GU WITHOUT FIREING and not lose power you fire ONE ALPHA and u are at 0 energy the only ship i have managed to use a Aux shield gen on in the CD and that is only one and with 1 PFE and not able to travel full speed and fire for a extended amount of time remember ICC cant cloak and go hide and sit still to get energy BACK we must mantain energy throughout the fight

Welcome to the club. Kluths learn this early on when they're still hatchlings driving the dessie.

Take the Claw for example.

It's a dessie. But you'll find that if you travel more than 15gu/s, you bleed energy. In combat, every alpha drains your reserves massively. And being a dess, you have to use speed as your defense while in the fight. Imagine turning and burning, firing away in the Claw. How fast does the energy bleed?

Plus, you can't let your energy fall to zero. Because when it does, you have no cloak. And you'll have to chop speed in order to regain energy to cloak....

Being a dessie, that's a no no. 'Cos once you slow down, you're easy meat for Core weaps.

Like I said.... Welcome to Lobster 101.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-05-18 06:57 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-18 06:58   
Actually if you look at energy management, ICC will hold up as the most energy efficient, and they are the least likely to run out of energy from all factions.

Proper gamebalance is when the close-range faction complains the long-range faction is too overpowered. Rock, meet paper.

ICC is fine. UGTO is fine, too. K'Luth is also fine EXCEPT THAT DAMN KRILL KILLING ME AT 800gu RANGE RAGE cough cough. (I'm looking at you still Pakhos ;o;)

Zerbubus
Vice Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-05-18 08:11   
i hate UGTO, i fly them sometimes in Scen just to get a idea for there weaknesses for MV, but so far (only able to fly cruisers) i've not found a single one i like, apart from maybe the Pickett Dessie. Kluth, well i have used them once or twice, and while i love the Cloak as a get out of combat free card, i do find them very hard to fly in combat.

ICC is my MV faction, and while i hate Kluth for there close ranged sneak attacks, i don't complain because thats what they do, i knew that going in to the game, and accept it. I've been killed far to many times from a Bug Dread uncloaking right next to me and spamming Alpha's, Hurts and not matter what i normally never manage to get away fast enough. (grats on that tactic). But now i fly cruisers i'm not so bothered, ok you can't hit a kluth at range with a missile spam if he know's how to fly, he only need's cloak for my missiles to detonate, so rails or gauss are the order of the day there, and when a bug gets close i know it's time to get the hell out, and i've worked out Fighters are a waste of time, PD wipes them out. # side note, someone make fighters so i can tell them to fight long range so PD doesn't help

When i fight Uggies, thats where i have most fun, plus i like shooting them anyway, as long as i stay out of laser range, i know they can't hurt me much, and i know getting close to any enemy is not wise, so i try to keep this tactic in all combat when playing ICC.

I hate the regen of Kluth, the other day i was fighting a dessie in my Cruiser, i took him a few times to low hull when he'd cloak, run, and then come back few seconds later almost fully healed, and it'd start again till i run out of ammo and have to withdraw, seems like a waste of time yes, but hell it was a fun battle, and kudos to him for (sorry forget who) sticking around and battling like that. Yes ICC could do with more hitting power maybe, but when i'm bored and know i can't fight in a cruiser, thats what a Stealth Vett is for, thats one really fun ship and i think need's to be more used, in packs i think it really could hurt alot.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-18 09:02   
Quote:

On 2010-05-18 06:58, Bardiche wrote:
Actually if you look at energy management, ICC will hold up as the most energy efficient, and they are the least likely to run out of energy from all factions.

Proper gamebalance is when the close-range faction complains the long-range faction is too overpowered. Rock, meet paper.

ICC is fine. UGTO is fine, too. K'Luth is also fine EXCEPT THAT DAMN KRILL KILLING ME AT 800gu RANGE RAGE cough cough. (I'm looking at you still Pakhos ;o;)

You smoking something bard? UGTO has the best energy management, in terms of none! They don't have shields to run, no cloak to run nothing but there guns! There guns are energy based just like Kluths yet I can fly in a BD and fire my guns and just bleed a little bit of energy form each alpha. In a CD I can fly max speed and as long as my shields aren't taking damage I can shoot till I run out of ammo. The AD on the other hand dose bleed energy if you have IE drives but not PFE drives.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

Email Starcommander
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-18 09:17   
Quote:

On 2010-05-18 09:02, Starcommand of ICC wrote:
You smoking something bard? UGTO has the best energy management, in terms of none! They don't have shields to run, no cloak to run nothing but there guns! There guns are energy based just like Kluths yet I can fly in a BD and fire my guns and just bleed a little bit of energy form each alpha. In a CD I can fly max speed and as long as my shields aren't taking damage I can shoot till I run out of ammo. The AD on the other hand dose bleed energy if you have IE drives but not PFE drives.

Uh, what?

- In a Battle Dread you can fly and after shooting you "bleed" energy.
- In a Combat Dread you can shoot until you are out of ammunition, i.e. energy is less of a concern than ammo.
- In an ASSAULT DREADNOUGHT you bleed energy.

I capitalised the flaw in your argument.

That's like saying the EAD never runs out of energy, even though the AD is proven to be more energy efficient and able to stay in the fight longer than the EAD due to the former's energy problems.

And your Combat/Battle Dread illustration does nothing but drive home that I am correct and ICC are masters at energy management.

There's good reason to diss on ICC, but energy is not one of them.
[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2010-05-18 09:17 ]

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-18 09:28   
Quote:

On 2010-05-18 09:17, Bardiche wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-18 09:02, Starcommand of ICC wrote:

Uh, what?

- In a Battle Dread you can fly and after shooting you "bleed" energy.
- In a Combat Dread you can shoot until you are out of ammunition, i.e. energy is less of a concern than ammo.
- In an ASSAULT DREADNOUGHT you bleed energy.

I capitalised the flaw in your argument.

That's like saying the EAD never runs out of energy, even though the AD is proven to be more energy efficient and able to stay in the fight longer than the EAD due to the former's energy problems.

And your Combat/Battle Dread illustration does nothing but drive home that I am correct and ICC are masters at energy management.

There's good reason to diss on ICC, but energy is not one of them.
[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2010-05-18 09:17 ]

nope, only reason the CD doesn't bleed all that much is because the railgun is less on energy, and the CD DOSE bleed if shields are recharging. As for the EAD/AD, again same story, we can get about 5 alphas on average if we aren't moving, the EAD can get 7 or more depending on the drive used. End is Shields take energy to run and more to recharge, armor doesn't.

Email Starcommander
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-18 09:33   
I'm honestly surprised. I've never had energy issues flying as ICC, ever. Not even in an AD. And I use an all IE set up and move during combat.

I've never run below 150 energy on a Combat Dreadnought either so I'll just chalk it up to playstyles. If I play UGTO I run out of energy, if I play ICC I never will.

... You realise, of course, going at full speed full IEs generates more energy than a mix of IE/PFE. PFE are only energy-efficient on vessels that don't move, or move way below their maximum speed.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-18 10:46   
Quote:
On 2010-05-18 04:13, Starcommand of ICC wrote:
The reason we don't like using auxiliary shield generators, low HP. Those things royally SUCK! One hit and there practically already gone, there good only on stations and even then there not all that great to have. We also don't use them so we can cover our power requirements when moving around, otherwise ICC wouldn't be able to move without bleeding energy. If we all used aux shield gens we would be bleeding energy like as if we had a cloak.

I don't use it, either.
When I equip it, get reactive shield...
Faithfully, all factions have problem with energy management, when the player is too eager to kill someone

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032962 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR