No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +6.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Is ICC to OP???
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Is ICC to OP???
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-05-18 11:29   
Quote:

On 2010-05-18 09:33, Bardiche wrote:
... You realise, of course, going at full speed full IEs generates more energy than a mix of IE/PFE. PFE are only energy-efficient on vessels that don't move, or move way below their maximum speed.

Hm.....based on that, I have to wonder if IE drives get more efficient as the ship size goes up, or at least as more of them are added. I've found AFE to be far better on smaller single engine ships for power generation vs speed, even better than PFE. I can fly a 'vette at max speed using AFE drives with reactive shields and ECM/ECCM active and still gain power as long as I'm not shooting at something. It does dip down if I get hit and shields need to recharge, but starts going back up afterward. With IE I consistantly lose power going top speed with shields active, even with ECM/ECCM off, and with PFE I lose power going top speed with shields and ECM/ECCM on but it stays relatively even if I turn ECM/ECCM off.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-05-18 13:38   
My combat dreadnaught flies with a full array of enhanced-regeneration active shields. I take that puppy at full speed and can fly for, oh, ten minutes with nary a worry about energy loss. Should I lose too much, I just hold still for about thirty seconds.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-18 18:13   
Far as I am aware, especially in regards to K'Luth, no ship is supposed to be flying at 100% speed and firing without a massive drain on energy. So if any of these ships are in fact able to do so, I put them on the OP list as well.

I remember when I came back to the game with 1.5. I was told by Backslash specifically "the days of running around fighting at full speed are over." Seems to me that should be any and all ships then.

And I still stand on the fact that if K'Luth's cloak is a get out of combat free card, then the pulse tech of ICC is a planet hug for free card as well.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
ssj4megaman
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-18 18:43   
Quote:

On 2010-05-17 22:46, Stevefin wrote:
Your K'luth...think, You have a get out of combat free button

and also K'luth have the highest damage output in the first attack out of all of the three factions
[ This Message was edited by: Stevefin on 2010-05-17 22:51 ]

only the first attack, shouldn't we be the hardest hitters every time since half of the time we are running away and cannot fire back?

I hear from all around that luth do the most dmg, i hear from all around that luth dont do the most dmg.... i would definitely like to know, how much does luth do when using all weaps to 0 energy compared to the other factions. For us having to run away from battle we should be hitting like the hammer of god against ships.... but i digress

Email ssj4megaman
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-18 19:17   
Quote:

On 2010-05-18 06:58, Bardiche wrote:
Actually if you look at energy management, ICC will hold up as the most energy efficient, and they are the least likely to run out of energy from all factions.

Proper gamebalance is when the close-range faction complains the long-range faction is too overpowered. Rock, meet paper.

ICC is fine. UGTO is fine, too. K'Luth is also fine EXCEPT THAT DAMN KRILL KILLING ME AT 800gu RANGE RAGE cough cough. (I'm looking at you still Pakhos ;o;)

Nothing is fine ,bard. Maybe your definition of fine could be everything is wrong so it seems fine .

Anyway , whatever ship you are flying musts lose energy. As Sard said , he can fly 10 mins without running out of energy. This is wrong . Again Krill and ganglia are wrong ships for faction ideal. (me hides from kluth) . But yes krill is damn nice ship to fly. Anyway I would really love to see icc as defensive, ugto is balanced and kluth very very agresive.

But in this release ugto does the both job, being very defensive and slightly more agresive than kluth. Icc isnt even any near of defensive. I even dare to think with cloak technology kluth is more defensive than icc.

For example i totaly am convinced that kluth should have NO cannons.Whatever kluth ship I fly I must engage between 0-300gu. But the problem is changes are made one by one . Saying: if you reduce the kluth attack range you should also fix eccm acumulative effect in the same patch. Otherwise 1 way patch going to bring down the whole faction and bitching pops up like mushroom in the forum.

Thank you for listening ,

Your friendly nightmare ,

Pakhos.

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-18 19:18   
It's fairly shameful all the bollocks that the factions and fleets and players throw around at eachother. I think most of the players have too much history and been through too many bad patches.
[ This Message was edited by: Lonectzn on 2010-05-18 19:20 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-18 19:28   
Quote:

On 2010-05-18 09:02, Starcommand of ICC wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-18 06:58, Bardiche wrote:
Actually if you look at energy management, ICC will hold up as the most energy efficient, and they are the least likely to run out of energy from all factions.

Proper gamebalance is when the close-range faction complains the long-range faction is too overpowered. Rock, meet paper.

ICC is fine. UGTO is fine, too. K'Luth is also fine EXCEPT THAT DAMN KRILL KILLING ME AT 800gu RANGE RAGE cough cough. (I'm looking at you still Pakhos ;o;)

You smoking something bard? UGTO has the best energy management, in terms of none! They don't have shields to run, no cloak to run nothing but there guns! There guns are energy based just like Kluths yet I can fly in a BD and fire my guns and just bleed a little bit of energy form each alpha. In a CD I can fly max speed and as long as my shields aren't taking damage I can shoot till I run out of ammo. The AD on the other hand dose bleed energy if you have IE drives but not PFE drives.

im sorry star but after flying a bd resently( as this weekend) i can tell you that as soon as you start fring your cannons and QST's you start losing energy, and a lot faster then a combat dred would.

Email Borgie
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-18 20:59   
Quote:

On 2010-05-18 19:17, Pakhos wrote:
Anyway , whatever ship you are flying musts lose energy. As Sard said , he can fly 10 mins without running out of energy. This is wrong . Again Krill and ganglia are wrong ships for faction ideal. (me hides from kluth) ......

I have said this from the beginning when the Ganglia was ganked into being a weak pathetic copy of a MD.

My first reaction to the Krill was "who the hell put this human ship on our faction????"

And what the hell is a ship doing running around for ten mins firing away and not losing energy?

And they still say K'Luth is op?

I better stop now, or my forum rights are definately going to get stripped.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
xTx
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-19 00:41   
I would like to respond in the style of debate azreal always uses. ICC is good the way it is

*edit* Personal attacks on other players is not acceptable your post has been edited. Please re-read the RoC in relation to personal attacks on other players.
[ This Message was edited by: Nat on 2010-05-19 06:18 ]

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-05-19 01:32   
Lol, yall postin in a troll thead

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.015951 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR