No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » client wont load
 Author client wont load
xeroshiva
Commander

Posted: 2010-06-07 11:22   
as the subject says i start the game up

((been playing and working properly for almost a week and now it wont))

the downloader//updater starts me off and that usually cancels itself off instantly or sometimes after 2-3 seconds.. 2ndly if i am fast enough i cancel that

((what ive done in the past to get the game to continue through.. prior to today the downloader//updater would sit there for a hour and have done nothing..))

then the i guess connection box shows up to start the client but then the program just craps out on me and ""the program isnt responding force close the program or wait""

i have vista ive played the game in the past my firewall is already letting the game through and now its killing me here

side notes~~ auto loggon is checked and remember my info is checked IF that has anything to do with my sitation

apate
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-07 11:34   
Vista is crap, so my first advice would be to get rid of it. (Get XP, 7, or Linux.) (Ladder is free, but lacks the support you get for mac/windows due to it not being owned by some company, and is instead developed by nerds like us.)

I ran DS on my Vista (HP Entertainment) Laptop, with only the same bugs my 7 desktop is getting, so you probably have a bad install. I would recomend you reinstall DS and see if that solves your problem, if not then perhaps contact a mod to check for bugs.

Email apate
xeroshiva
Commander

Posted: 2010-06-07 11:43   
Quote:

On 2010-06-07 11:34, Athenian_General wrote:
Vista is crap, so my first advice would be to get rid of it. (Get XP, 7, or Linux.) (Ladder is free, but lacks the support you get for mac/windows due to it not being owned by some company, and is instead developed by nerds like us.)

I ran DS on my Vista (HP Entertainment) Laptop, with only the same bugs my 7 desktop is getting, so you probably have a bad install. I would recomend you reinstall DS and see if that solves your problem, if not then perhaps contact a mod to check for bugs.

again have been playing DS on my vista for almost 2 weeks and all the sudden it closes on me today...

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-06-07 11:56   
1) Run as administrator.
2) Remove, and re-add DarkSpaceClient.exe, GCQL.exe as well as the update executables in the DarkSpace directory, to your firewall.

Sounds as if your machine is stopping DarkSpace from communicating.

apate
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-07 11:56   
A recent update might have messed up DS with vista.

Been playing on the desktop for a while, problably stopped before an update.

Email apate
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-06-07 13:02   
Quote:

On 2010-06-07 11:56, Athenian_General wrote:
A recent update might have messed up DS with vista.

Been playing on the desktop for a while, problably stopped before an update.

It hasn't.

Mr_Morton
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-07 14:22   
this happens to me if I try to remember a password...first time it happened was about a week after installing it, now i just don't have my password saved...hope this helps

xeroshiva
Commander

Posted: 2010-06-08 13:48   
i have comodo firewall i know how to make it ""allow"" processes through but im not sure its the problem i did both the GQCL or what ever and darkspace both .exe of course but the downloader//updater thingy keeps popping up as it should and then kills itself.. =/ its cool if u cant fix it or think of a way to fix it ive already tried uninstall reinstall and remove//re-apply the trusted things for the firewall.. but at this rate im unsure what to do..

Page created in 0.014237 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR