No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » interfactional usage of ships
 Author interfactional usage of ships
SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-11 08:27   
Now i see in the long term goals you have "badges to unlock other factions".., To be able to use pirates,. and MIR cool,.. but to use Kluth ships on icc would just be sucky,. UNLESS.,
Its based upon ship captured.,
Say @ any predetermined rank (M or CM?) you have an extra button on a captured ship,. This button is a Docking button,. and puts the capped ship on Auto pilot to the nearest friendly shipyard to dock.

Being able to use these ships again would require you to SY yourself,. but a button next to the buy enhancement button would bring up a list of captured ships for you to fly yourself.

Apparently this is the right place for ideas and fantasty's so there yas go.

[ This Message was edited by: SPaRTaN Z (Star Fox) on 2010-06-12 18:24 ]

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-06-12 00:40   
Usage of interfactional ships on the basis of ship capture is both logical and a bad option. It is true that ships of enemy origin cannot be flown if you do not have an original replicable model which is fully or semifunctional. Yet, the developers feel it to be somewhat wrong for enemy ships to be piloted just because they were once captured.

Personally, I am at a loss for thinking a balanced option for flying enemy ships on my home faction, so I am hoping the developers find a way to make it both hard and possible.

P.S. - This topic is not about ship capturing suggestions, but about suggestions for interfactional usage of ships. Please change the topic name.

Slippi Toad
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-12 08:58   
Yeah topic name needs changing,. and agree with upper post

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-06-12 14:36   
would be cool but very very very complicated and if u die in a bad guys ship u should lose it...it should be more of a temporary thing

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-15 17:34   
From what I can gather, you will be able to use enemy ships but only ONE at a time. If you die, you lose access to that ship for a while, but this would really change the dynamic of the game a lot. ICC able to use UGTO ships, Kluth able to use ICC ships, it would be like having to fight against yourself which could really be fun and annoying at the same time. However think of it this way, if a bunch of Kluth are using some MD's to missile spam at ICC and ICC attacks back with AD's and CD's. They will get hit by the normal cloaked Kluth ships defending the MD's, BUT the ICC themselves will ALSO have cloaked Kluth ships waiting for them as well. So overall it balances itself out, since you too can use there ships just like they can use yours.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-15 21:27   
i think it would be better to make destruction of a captured ship permanent. Meaning if you loose your capped ship, your going to need to cap that specific ship again.

Page created in 0.016267 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR