No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » world of warcraft killing itself
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author world of warcraft killing itself
Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-12 19:51   
Everyone, everyone.
I'm afraid WoW is killin itself.
Now, for you naysayers, I can see where you are coming from.
"WoW has 11 million players!" right? Well, bad news. A bit ago it was 12 million.
And even if WoW dosnt die it will still kill itself, in the philosophical sense if it hasn't already, by completly transforming itself. Because at this point it is almost impossible to find a hardcore WoW player that still plays.

I've been runnin around playing free games and I stumbled across several filled to the brink of old core WoW players waiting for something better, or atleast as good, as the old WoW was.
Most are waiting for Star Sars or FF14, but what amazed me, was that almost everyone there was an old WoW player, and only around 10% of them still even played WoW and only 5% still thought it was worth playing after what Blizzard has done to it.
Now, if you guys have played WoW, I think we can agree that it was truly amazing and what made it so good was the sense of accomplishment you got from going through it all,like when you got your mount at 40 it was best day of your life, now for newbs that get it at 20 it's like "meh" because of how easy it was.

I mean the thing that's really killing the game is how easy its becoming, thus alienating all of Blizzard's original customers that brought them to the top. I'm sorry, but this seems alot like betrayel in my eyes.
Blizzard makes a game, and us more hardcore gamers are in love with it, we all subscribe making Blizzard rich, and Blizzard turns around once they get on top and betrays its old customers by doing all this.

Okay, now that I've stated a controversal point, you all get to discuss. And don't worry, I have alot more examples of how easy game is now; as in recruit a friend, heirlooms, near free PvP gear, reducing the amount of xp needed to level up in every major patch, increasing xp gained from monsters and quests in every other patch, no longer challenging end game, no longer challenging pre-end game.
This example just requires one word and anyone whos played WoW will know what I mean when I say it. Death Knights.
Extreme lack of getting ganked by high levels while leveling compared to risk that those of us that played in original game undertook killing pre-WotLK PvP, also killing WotLK PvP now that I think about it with the hand out PvP gear and among other things, and also the death of any RP-like sense of pride or nationalism in a way in one's faction as well as death of all world PvP game wide with the PvP character faction transfers.

[lurn2english.]
[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2010-06-12 20:54 ]

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-12 20:07   
Well, i always thoug WOW was a crap game. The game is a idiotic click and attack game that became extremly popular. The game will never kill itself because it just has to much players playing. I loved the old Warcraf I, II, and III, but ive always hated those click to attack games. Theres not realy any skills involved other then run away and come back and click on a spell or whatever. Auto combat is what i call that.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-12 21:18   
Quote:

On 2010-06-12 20:07, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:
Well, i always thoug WOW was a crap game. The game is a idiotic click and attack game that became extremly popular. The game will never kill itself because it just has to much players playing. I loved the old Warcraf I, II, and III, but ive always hated those click to attack games. Theres not realy any skills involved other then run away and come back and click on a spell or whatever. Auto combat is what i call that.

+1

its so stupid.

guild wars is another example.

Kangaroosteak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-12 21:27   
It might have 11 million players, but only around 2m are active, and besides, ever since blizzard closed wow from China, they've lost 3/4 of thier player base.

(I've acutally never played the game too)
[ This Message was edited by: Original Milk on 2010-06-12 21:27 ]

Goto the website of Kangaroosteak
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-12 21:34   
Quote:

On 2010-06-12 21:18, Lulzypulzy wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-06-12 20:07, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:

+1

its so stupid.

practically all mmorpgs require 0 skills
honestly im more surprised how WoW is one of the most popular online games

[ This Message was edited by: doda *EP5* (No Longer Exception...) on 2010-06-12 21:35 ]

Schroedingers Gun
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-12 22:03   
if im not on DS im on DDO, DDO is better than WoW and free mostly with MUCH more freedom regarding you character

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-06-12 22:06   
Okay.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-12 22:51   
who gives a ^%&%@*#&#(#*

we got our own awesome game made by faustus and his team.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-12 23:38   
Quote:

On 2010-06-12 21:18, Lulzypulzy wrote:

+1

its so stupid.

Doran so gonna hate you for this!

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-12 23:48   
WHy play Wow when we have DarkSpace!!!!!!!!!!
the more WoW dies, the more Darkspace shall have muahahaha

[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2010-06-12 23:48 ]
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-12 23:54   
Quote:

On 2010-06-12 23:48, Zero28 wrote:
WHy play Wow when we have DarkSpace!!!!!!!!!!
the more WoW dies, the more Darkspace shall have muahahaha

[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2010-06-12 23:48 ]

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-13 00:10   
Never cared to play the game, Loved WC 1, 2, 3 but WoW was....meh. You took an RTS game and made a MMO out of it, which isn't even Warcraft anymore, its "here is another game that is set in the Warcraft universe but has nothing to do with it".

Now as for other major MMO's. I liked FF11, still do too and I play it when I have the mula to pay for it, that game has still a lot of players, and is still adding on more and more expansions. Also after a long last, they will be hitting level 99 instead of the old cap of 75. The other thing about 11 was, re-playability, you didn't just level up 1 class and then made a new person, no you had the same guy, and leveled up multiple classes. So you really only "beat" the game after you get ALL (there called jobs) maxed out and have done all the quests in both the expansions and main game. Its an old game that plays across PS2/3, Xbox 360 AND PC.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Kangaroosteak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-13 00:15   
The only game related to the slightest degree of Wow that I enjoyed was Dota All Stars... Man that was a fun game.

Goto the website of Kangaroosteak
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-13 01:29   
i dunno i still love WoW..

Email Borgie
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-13 05:36   
Quote:

On 2010-06-13 01:29, Borgie wrote:
i dunno i still love WoW..

me too

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020272 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR