No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Stargate Universe Season One
 Author Stargate Universe Season One
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-24 12:17   
I loved it personally, the first half of the season was a bit depressing in a few episodes, but was good still; the awe of the episode "Light" when we learn Destiny is powered by stars; the shocking confusion of the episode "Time" where the crew discover a keno on a planet with footage of them from another reality.

The second half of the season started right away with the "Stargate Action" we really expect from the franchise, when unknown humanoid aliens attack Destiny in the episode "Space"; When the crew find a star system that was created by higher beings in the mystifying episode "Faith"; and when the Lucian Alliance invade Destiny late in the season.

The Unbelieveable Cliffhanger at the end of the season, literally leading you to believe many main charactors are dead, you can't help but return for season two.
[ This Message was edited by: Continuum on 2010-06-24 12:18 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-24 14:40   
I liked the second half of the season a lot better than the first.

I do wish they'd get rid of the sex scenes in it though. Especially the lesbian ones. I don't enjoy watching it in the living room with family, if I want to see some one having sex, I'd look it up on the net.

Kestalkayden
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-24 17:00   
Overall, I like the series thus far. I cannot wait for season 2.

@Azure:

Agreed. There is, of course, nothing wrong with it... but I feel like its been a bit forced just to grab more viewers... *grins*

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-24 18:56   
Yes, the sex scenes are just gratuitous crap to get more people to watch. A lot of series seem to do that, especially sci-fi for some reason.....as much as I hated having it end so early I'm glad JMS stuck to his guns and canceled B5 Crusade when Warner wanted to add stuff like that in.
[ This Message was edited by: Talien on 2010-06-24 18:57 ]

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-06-24 20:43   
Overall i thought SGU has been pretty great. There was a few episodes in there that were kind of slow, but none that bored me enough to concider turning off the TV.

One thing i like about it is some of the surprises/twists that were thrown at us. Of corse the biggest one was the season finaly. That was definatly on HUGE slap in the face.

The sex scenes: Well, showing a bit of romantic stuff tends to make you feel like you know the charaters a little bit better, since you get a bit of a view of their more personal side, but i have to agree that if you're watching sertain parts with your family then it could get a little ocward, but it wasn't that bad compared to alot of shows today.

If you haven't watched SGU before, but concidering it and don't want to watch the whole season to figure it out, then try watching the "Time" episode where they find the kino on the planet.

So, whats everyone else's thought on SGU?

[ This Message was edited by: SpaceGK on 2010-06-24 20:44 ]

xplosiv
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 07:49   
Quote:

On 2010-06-24 14:40, Azure Prower wrote:
I liked the second half of the season a lot better than the first.

Agreed. But still cant wait for season 2.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-06-25 14:11   
No matter what, you will now have a mixed crew of Luetian Alliance and Terrans... On a star ship stranded across the universe, trying to find a way to work together and get home...

*cough*Startrek Voyage*cough*

I stated before when it was just the Earth Force on the ship it was like another attempt at ST:Voyager, now adding a warring faction that has to work with them to the mix? Hello... Here we go again...

Email Tael
Page created in 0.008963 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR