No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Sparrows ruin the game
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Sparrows ruin the game
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-28 19:31   
Sparrows are awesome! YOU ruin the game.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-28 19:46   
Quote:

On 2010-06-28 17:11, ISS-Enterprise wrote:
Yes i know they're a quick way to gain pres and a good way to defend planets, but they totally ruin the MV when a fleet of us dreads and stations rolls in and gets thwarted by a couple of people in frigates, they are way to OP to be a frigate weapon and something should be done about them because its mainly ICC who do all the sparrow spamming, ugto do it sometimes, not as much as ICC. either the amout of sparrows should be reduced say to 2 sparrow launchers on a ship or reduce their damage or even take an ecm off the frigs so theyre easier to track. Also i will not be playing in Saggitarius until something is done to stop sparrow spammers, maybe limit the max number of missile frigs to 3? thanks ISS-Enterprise (Ill be on the Procyon server)

bye!!

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-28 19:59   
Quote:

On 2010-06-28 19:30, Sens wrote:
You forget ICC has small ship supremacy by a pretty large margin. They hold against smaller and larger ships far better than the gunboat or battle cruiser could hope. But its a faction speciality I suppose.

[ This Message was edited by: Sens on 2010-06-28 19:34 ]

Um how so? It's not just ICC, UGTO has nearly the same type of small ships ICC has, only with better armor and better close range weapons.

Schroedingers Gun
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-28 20:05   
Quote:

On 2010-06-28 19:59, Azure Prower wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-06-28 19:30, Sens wrote:
You forget ICC has small ship supremacy by a pretty large margin. They hold against smaller and larger ships far better than the gunboat or battle cruiser could hope. But its a faction speciality I suppose.

[ This Message was edited by: Sens on 2010-06-28 19:34 ]

Um how so? It's not just ICC, UGTO has nearly the same type of small ships ICC has, only with better armor and better close range weapons.

yeah but UGTO are mostly size queens

MeguminLife[+R]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-28 20:39   
When UGTO toss all the stations and dreads they have, which by far the UGTO has weaker ships than Kluth and ICC, and lose to superior skilled opponents who can use weapons effectively, they scream hax.

I dont really see anything but a Uggie throwing a temper tantrum that his big ship got destroyed by a well thought out coordinated fleet.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-28 20:51   
Can you please stop stereotyping ugto? Ive seen an all dread/station icc fleet, i point this out and they go:
"lol roles reversed"
"hey ugto get missle cruisers!"

when ugto use a dread/station fleet they go:
"OMGZ!!!!!LOOK AT UGTO BE NOOBS!!!!!"

to be fair ill include an ICC stereotype, when they spam missles we go:
"Is missle spamming an invoulontary action? Or Missle spam much?"
what we get in respose"
"Its a viable tactic"

nicklane1
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-28 20:59   
Sparrows are fine, it takes plenty of missile frigs/harrier frigs to even SCRATCH big ships if the fleet even bothers being coordinated. And a note on the missile spam thing, ICC only complain when ugto STATION spam, having 8 SS repping eachother nver dieing really is a pain in the neck, but to be honest ICC are longrange, and missiles are longrange. Ugto use their much better stations while ICC uses their powerful missiles

Email nicklane1   Goto the website of nicklane1
Sputter{TB}
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-06-28 21:07   
I like how the first statement of this thread was how they were in a fleet of stns and dreads and couldn't handle the sparrow spamming, how about you get into a ship that moves faster than 6gu/s and kill them using eccm and beams, thats a very easy fix that could be done in a few min.... problem solved

Email Sputter{TB}
Schroedingers Gun
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-28 21:37   
Quote:

On 2010-06-28 21:07, Sputter{TB} *TO* wrote:
I like how the first statement of this thread was how they were in a fleet of stns and dreads and couldn't handle the sparrow spamming, how about you get into a ship that moves faster than 6gu/s and kill them using eccm and beams, thats a very easy fix that could be done in a few min.... problem solved

size queens
less than a mile or no fly

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-28 21:48   
Darth Vader: WTF my Deathstar got blown up by fighters! Nerf the rebels!

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-28 22:13   
Quote:

On 2010-06-28 21:07, Sputter{TB} *TO* wrote:

How dare u denounce the UGTO dread-station spam, rebel scum???

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-06-28 22:43   
Quote:

On 2010-06-28 21:48, Talien wrote:
Darth Vader: WTF my Deathstar got blown up by fighters! Nerf the rebels!

LOL...so true

[ This Message was edited by: Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *TO* on 2010-06-28 22:47 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-29 00:24   
Quote:

Yes i know they're a quick way to gain pres and a good way to defend planets, but they totally ruin the MV when a fleet of us dreads and stations rolls in and gets thwarted by a couple of people in frigates, they are way to OP to be a frigate weapon and something should be done about them because its mainly ICC who do all the sparrow spamming, ugto do it sometimes, not as much as ICC. either the amout of sparrows should be reduced say to 2 sparrow launchers on a ship or reduce their damage or even take an ecm off the frigs so theyre easier to track. Also i will not be playing in Saggitarius until something is done to stop sparrow spammers, maybe limit the max number of missile frigs to 3? thanks ISS-Enterprise (Ill be on the Procyon server)

bye, and happy hunting the AI's in Procyon, hopefully by playing with them you learn how to play the game..

Don't Nerf the ship because the other guy don't know how to fly his..

Sinister Strawberry
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-29 00:58   
few things about this

1. I hate how a ship can fire at you w/o you being even able to fire back because off all the ecm they have equiped from standerd model makes it impossible to even target them.

2. I think its awsome theres finaly a small ship with the raw power to stop large ships but the attack must be maintained for it to have a proper effect.

3. this finaly forces dred only and station only fleets to get a more balanced fleet make-up. Creating much more tacticly involved battles.

4. I think there should be about 15 less missles per frig. the amount they currently carry is far to much.

5. if ive repeated anything from upcomming update notes... well to bad.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-29 01:10   
Quote:

Dont whine. do two things.

A. LEARN TO PLAY!
B. learn that dred/stationspace is GONE.

gee. get it in your heads, people.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027706 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR