No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Art » » 'Abaddon/Apollyon' Dread
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
 Author 'Abaddon/Apollyon' Dread
Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-05 12:59   
Made a main body and attached several 'modules' from lower class ships. Probably hard to make out any of the details from this far, though...

A UGTO carrier dread done with a style closer to the Agincourt Carrier.

Size comparison with an old ICC Cruiser.

[Flavor Text]
'The lost weapons of Humanity'
There were forty-one 'Taurus' Cruisers that were manufactured. Thirty-nine have endured the ongoing conflict thus far. This isn't a testimony to their combat effectiveness, however; it's a simple matter of frugality. Of all of the fleets maintained by the human factions on the edge of the Sagittarius arm, very few could afford both the costs and the risks of getting their hands on a cruiser-class vessel. With the recent alien incursions, many outer-system commanders have been eager to avoid combat.
The cruisers themselves have a remarkable amount of firepower at the cost of rather shoddy armor. While they are able to match the firepower of even some of UGTO's finest cruisers, by no means can they take the same amount of abuse. Their bulk, cost, and frailty meant that these cruisers were primarily relegated to home planet defense, in the event that these home planets are ever found.
A few of them have been modified to reflect their owners' passive disposition as of late. This cruiser has had its broadside cannons replaced by a frightening amount of missile racks.

Since the advent of interstellar travel, mankind has become branched and dispersed beyond imagination. Over the course of human exploration, countless parties have fallen out of contact with Sol or whicheverr system they originated from. Colonists, industrialists, military personnel, and pirates alike have cut communication with civilization, either due to circumstance or by choice. As the interstellar battles progressed, pockets of isolated humans lived and sometimes flourished.
Some of them have become aware of the alien menace closing in, and are considering preparing to showing the rest of Sagittarius a face of humanity that has not been seen in decades.
[Models scaled by length]

[Flavor Text]
'A warship for the masses'
One of the largest combat ships fielded by guerrilla fleets. Engine failure proved to be a serious problem with these otherwise well-armed ships, which limited its use on the battle field.

Next in the series
Just couldn't resist fleshing out some of the sketches I made in a hurry...

Done in a similar style as the last ship. After throwing most of the ICC's subtle curves and blue colors away I felt too guilty to call it an ICC ship, but the idea was 'refitted ICC corvette.'

Fan art of an ICC cruiser refitted by a pirate band that has spent a lot of time recovering derelict ICC vessels.

ICC Frigate.
(Updated: Nose droop corrected, Bridge added, form made 'sharper'. I actually lost the first file and just decided to make a similar frigate with the recent comments in mind)
Another revision, some texture changes and minor changes to the ship's proportions. Wings made to look a little less solid. The engines were taken out of the rear bulge and stuck on the rear of the ship. I didn't want to copy the current frigate's vertically aligned engines, and went with a horizontal alignment instead. The front is now a bit sharper.

UGTO Destroyer. Used the other attempt I made at a UGTO destroyer some time ago as a reference, and made something more similar to the other ships of this little series.
(Updated: nose texturing changed, didn't want to see so many rectangles)

UGTO Cruiser with a similar design to the Dreads below. Not too much to note, just the same look on a Cruiser-shaped hull.
(Updated: Nose textures changed, wing pylons made smaller)
(Updated: Wingtips moved farther from the stern of the ship and closer to the ship body, back made a little bulkier.

A UGTO battle station. I really liked the top-heavy design of the original stations, so I kept that same idea. I also kept the three pods surrounding the central shaft. What's different is the added booms protruding from the center, and the layers of gray-metal tori under the white 'canopy'. There are also towers hanging under the head of the station created using alpha planes, but they're hard to see with the black-only background.
(Updated: outer torus now has white armor, central shaft is also white, pods angled closer to horizontal)

Another version of the same class of UGTO Dread, with hopefully a more aggressive feel. Really amounts to texture and shape rearrangements. Went through a lot of additions to the older model but in the end decided to throw most of it out.

I tried to make a UGTO Dreadnought with a more flowing and 'authoritative' look compared to the current model, which I always thought looked very forceful. I was trying to make a ship that would seem to be one in a command role, as opposed to a ship found on the front lines. I wanted to retain the original Dread's top-down shape so that it wouldn't seem far removed from traditional UGTO design.

This is an ICC Dread, but I'm having a hard time putting textures on it..

A rearrangement of some of the shapes on the current ICC dread, but I really don't feel comfortable with ICC designs

This one's a UGTO corvette:

[ This Message was edited by: Light-of-Aurora on 2010-08-01 00:36 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Light-of-Aurora on 2010-08-01 13:23 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Light-of-Aurora on 2010-08-11 21:15 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Light-of-Aurora on 2010-08-15 17:53 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Light-of-Aurora on 2010-08-16 00:26 ]

Email Light-of-Aurora
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-05 13:12   
Corvette looks good but as with all icc ships i think the dread needs an arch/baghandle.

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-07-05 13:15   
i like/Love the ICC model

keep in mind not all icc ships are bricks most of our ships are converted cruise liners so we use what ever we can get

[ This Message was edited by: Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *TO* on 2010-07-05 13:16 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-05 13:18   
I really like that corvette.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-07-05 13:19 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-05 13:22   
Quote:

On 2010-07-05 13:18, BackSlash wrote:

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-05 13:27   
We can make that model the assault corvette and long range corvette, leaving the original model to the anti sens and bomber vette

Edit: Lets see if Tael likes these models
[ This Message was edited by: SpaceAdmiral on 2010-07-05 13:31 ]

Kaoschan
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-07-05 13:44   
the icc desig is nice, it looks somehow aggressive

the corvette looks like a bit like jet-fighter, but it has a nice design.

K'luth Hunter - Recon ~Ping~ Scout - ECCM for the Team, to beat the K'luth!

Goto the website of Kaoschan
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-05 15:35   

I like 'em both,

Red October
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-05 15:53   
I like the ICC design, looks really aggressive and makes for an great Dreadnought. Being that most dreadnougths don't look all that great for ICC, beautiful design and should be implanted immediately!

Email Red October
Katejina
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-05 17:13   
Quote:

On 2010-07-05 13:22, Bardiche wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-05 13:18, BackSlash wrote:

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-05 17:35   
I think that UGTO corvette would make a really nice Destroyer or Cruiser variant. And I love the ICC Dread idea as well.

-Ent

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-05 17:47   
Nice work!

Looks fast and agile, if not fragile that dread,

maybe the nose is a little long makes it look less blocky then usual.

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-07-05 17:52   
I LOVE that ICC Dread...Perfect for an Assault Dread ^_^

Email UnknownWarrior
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-05 18:45   
I really like them both. And it seems like it should be reasonably possible to tweak the 'vette a bit and make a frigate or destroyer out of it - ie, make a theme to a few different classes.

Great work. Do you have the files somewhere? Or are they not yet complete?

Email Shigernafy
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-05 19:52   
*Drools over the Dread*
really awesome, We want moar, MOAR!!!
seriously, we do
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021514 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR