No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Indicators for scaled devices
 Author Indicators for scaled devices
Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2010-07-06 17:46   
Assault scouts have torpedoes, but those torpedoes are no match for cruiser torpedoes. I just learned this the other day.

Though the above example makes perfect sense, I had no way of knowing that without hitting the same type of target with both ships' weapons.

Suggestion: Either in the DS DB, in the item description (not icon), or somewhere else, it would be nice to see whether a device is scaled or not. Knowing the level of scaling would be awesome but probably not something the UI could easily provide. I for one would love to have a more detailed device information window that's a pop-up instead of the current info living in the target window.

Email Antra
Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-07 00:26   
Gadget levels used to be displayed in the regular info screen, but the devs decided to make it hidden for some reason. Gadgets still have levels but it is no longer obvious what that level is. I can't imagine it would be too difficult for the devs to reveal the values again- but i have no idea what reason the devs had to hide the gadget levels. Whatever that reason was it probably still applies so it is unlikely we will see the gadget levels(unless the devs change their minds).

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-07 00:49   
Quote:
On 2010-07-07 00:26, Chewy Squirrel {om nom nom nom nom} wrote:
Gadget levels used to be displayed in the regular info screen, but the devs decided to make it hidden for some reason. Gadgets still have levels but it is no longer obvious what that level is. I can't imagine it would be too difficult for the devs to reveal the values again- but i have no idea what reason the devs had to hide the gadget levels. Whatever that reason was it probably still applies so it is unlikely we will see the gadget levels(unless the devs change their minds).

The gadget levels are based on the Ships class.
Corvettes have level 2 while stations have Level 10.
This information is not hidden but indeed somewhat harder to find. And no we don't want to hide the fact about gadet leveling BUT we do want to hide some base numbers and there level multipliers to keep the game from turning into a numbers game.

You can find the ships level information in the DS-DB 3.1 Hull Classes. (Look at the second last row "Hull Level")

To Antra, Like i said above we won't give out some numbers, Damage value's is one of them. So i cant tell you the % damage difference between the torps.
But the higher the level of torps, the more energy is required and the longer the reload is. while the volley damage is higher indeed the global DPS is affected to.

But i see no harm in adding a little extra in the DS-DB for telling if a gadget is scaled.. Will look into it at a later date.
[ This Message was edited by: Eledore Massis [R33] on 2010-07-07 00:51 ]

Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2010-07-07 06:11   
How about a note in the device info window saying something like "-grade "? "Cruiser-grade fusion torpedo", "Dreadnought-grade ECM", etc. I don't care about numbers, I just want to know which devices give more bang:buck with different ship sizes.

And yes, you did tell me it's already in the DS DB. I forgotted...consider this thread to be about in-game stuff.

Email Antra
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-08 19:00   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 06:11, Antra wrote:
How about a note in the device info window saying something like "-grade "? "Cruiser-grade fusion torpedo", "Dreadnought-grade ECM", etc.

This would be ideal. A lot of people, especially newer ones, are confused by (for example) just seeing a pair of heavy cannons and a pair of regular cannons on a Frigate and thinking it's overpowered because a Destroyer has a similar number of guns.

Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2010-07-08 19:36   
Don't tell me cannons are leveled too?!

Email Antra
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-08 19:53   
Everything is leveled.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-09 15:29   
for weapons higher level means:
more damage
longer reload
more energy cost

EW:
i believe more levels mean greater range and sig affected
smaller levels less cooldown, making the sensor scouts/vettes ULTIMATE pingers

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-09 17:40   
Quote:
On 2010-07-08 19:53, Talien {SOE} wrote:
Everything is leveled.

Almost yes. A QST on a dread is no different from a QST on a station.
But most statistics are leveled yes.

Page created in 0.018936 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR