No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Suggesting Mods with Restrictions
 Author Suggesting Mods with Restrictions
Red October
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-12 17:30   
Changable Mods

I decided to bring about the whole topic of modding your ships to your liking, but it will be heavily restricted a lot. This will give the players their customization that they wanted and pretty much make it much more interesting to see ships. Players will experiment and train to get their ships they want it to be, but at the same time they won’t be able to use other faction’s technology.

Restrictions

-- No Weapons or Electronics from other faction
-- Tier Weapons, Electronics, and Mining Beams are tied to ranks, ship class, ship type, and badges
-- Weapon, Electronic, and Mining slots are tied to ships class, ship type, ranks, and badges
-- Shielding and Armor slots are tied to ships size
-- Blue Prints Required to build ships
-- Rare Resources are mined from planets or astroids
-- Scanners will be used for finding astroids and rare metals
-- Certain Models of ships have Pros and Cons of use

Benefits of this?

-- New Faction Weapons, Shielding, Armor, Mining Beams and Electronics
-- Customization that players been craving
-- Creative playing styles could shine
-- New roles for players
-- More variety for factions
-- Developers wouldn’t need new models or layouts
-- No need to change or add enhancements
-- Gives an Sense of ownership
-- No more spamming new ships
-- Resources and mining becomes important
-- Holding systems and Planets becomes more important
-- Ability to name their ships

Giving ICC New Role

For an change of subject, let’s focus on the missile nerfing and what it is doing to ICC faction. It is currently weakening ICC and making them less formable on the battlefield. So why not add an new benefit for being ICC if you are going to make missiles spam less. How about giving ICC ability to change out two ammo type. This could be added on later on in the game with more powerful tier type ammo changes.

Ammo Types

-- Thermal (Armor Pentrating Ammo)
-- Kinetic (Hull Damaging Ammo)
[ This Message was edited by: Alanstar on 2010-07-12 17:51 ]

Email Red October
Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2010-07-12 19:51   
How...wait. How is ICC getting nerfed? These new missiles are going to be /the shiznit/!

Other than that, some really good ideas. I'm not sure how well they'll work all together, but a lot of worthwhile tidbits.

Email Antra
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-12 20:59   
so you want to make this a poor man's eve?

Red October
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-13 03:45   
Quote:

On 2010-07-12 20:59, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
so you want to make this a poor man's eve?

Some aspects I took from eve, because it worked so well with ship modifcation system. Then I added my own little restrictions and also added new types of benefits. With this way, everyone gets their customization and their fun with more variety to the game.

Email Red October
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-13 15:13   
Main problem with this suggestion is that it implies one of two things:

Either everyone fits as many core weapons and power generators as physically possible on their ships, and other horribly unbalanced things;

Or you need a byzantine, EVE-style modding system with powergrid requirements, slot sizes, fitting points, or whatever that prevents people from horribly abusing things but causes nightmares for the development team and will probably require years of careful tweaking to get just right.

Red October
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-13 15:26   
That I didn't realize, but I always loved customization and customization is one of my favorite things in ANY game. But sadily you are right, people will abuse whatever they can find. But for good ol'time sake, you could try again and test it in beta server. If it doesn't fly and people still abuse it, abolish it. I wasn't around to see the customization of things and sadily I can't get to try it out now because it is gone.

Quote:

On 2010-07-13 15:13, Gejaheline wrote:

Or you need a byzantine, EVE-style modding system with powergrid requirements, slot sizes, fitting points, or whatever that prevents people from horribly abusing things but causes nightmares for the development team and will probably require years of careful tweaking to get just right.

Atleast worth a shot designing something like this... after that, no more need testing out layouts every year or so.
[ This Message was edited by: Alanstar on 2010-07-13 15:32 ]

Email Red October
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-14 21:15   
Quote:
On 2010-07-12 17:30, Alanstar wrote:
--cut--
Giving ICC New Role

For an change of subject, let’s focus on the missile nerfing and what it is doing to ICC faction. It is currently weakening ICC and making them less formable on the battlefield. So why not add an new benefit for being ICC if you are going to make missiles spam less. How about giving ICC ability to change out two ammo type. This could be added on later on in the game with more powerful tier type ammo changes.

Ammo Types

-- Thermal (Armor Pentrating Ammo)
-- Kinetic (Hull Damaging Ammo)

ICC isn't all about missiles they are about enagagements at range. ICC cannons have no fall off. meaning they will do there full punch at short and long range, where UGTO and luth PSI will do max damage at close range and less the further away it gets.
But on the other subject, Changing ammo types. Interesting, while Currently we have DS designed about swapping weapons, we might look at the ability for a weapon to have a aditonal function (ammunition), much like we have done with shields recently (defence mode).

Interesting indeed, but personally i don't think we will see this untill we have seen the new ship layouts. i am putting it on ice for the moment, but i won't forget about it.

E.

Page created in 0.014986 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR