No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Darkspace Suggestion Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Darkspace Suggestion Thread
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-16 16:54   
Instead of a cannon i would say Emitter but that is just my idea.
Instead of creating a Singularity, putting it inside a shell and lobbing it at the enemy. You shoot a projectile at the enemy that contains all the equipment to form a singularity. the projectile detecting impact and before it crash itself on the target it will activate and create a Singularity.
Think of a water Torpedo, Torps use water force to break or tear the ship instead of entering the ship and explode.

Darn where are my Frob notes..
Quote:
In the "ICC Ion Cannon" Topic: Frob said.
The Ion Cannon is just a glorified rail gun. Instead of using electricity to fire it like the rail gun, or triple timed chambers like the gauss, it uses the same principle of the Ion engine to fire the round. Theirs capability for rapid firing, but two is generally considered safe since anything more tends to leave residue ion particles in the barrel, which could explode if another round is fired (thus damaging the barrel). The sound effect you hear is the round leaving the barrel, as it echoes throught out the ship.

p.s.
It is not that we don't want to discourage you guys but until the ship layouts are done we won't be adding extra weapons.
Besides that, should we want to be adding weapons it will most likely be regular cannons, beams and torpedo's. No special big weapon.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-16 18:29   
These weps I have been suggesting are normal cannons, based on there bigger counterparts.

The Ion Gun being just a smaller Ion Cannon, Quantum Cannon being a smaller QST, ect.

Progression of the game tech levels would show things like this coming up. They made an Ion Cannon, that was stable and working but it used a lot of space. As time moved on they would eventually figure out how to make it smaller and not require cartridges. Being able to pull its power and Ion Particles from the ships drives it self. ICC being ahead of the curve so to speak in the tech level of the game. Something like this would show that, after all ICC was smart in getting the Shield Emitters by that one company. Shields being able to do the same thing as armor but at a much much cheaper rate. Why not ICC figuring out how to make a smaller Ion Cannon.

Making new things for the Kluth is difficult as they do not know how to build there offensive weps. They only know how to operate and repair them but are unable to replicate them. According to fluff, its assumed that Kluth tech was given to them by some other alien race, maybe even the MI before they turned bad.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-17 10:52   
i see people go: ICC is very smart and have great technology
where is a link to that? real or fan fiction?
yes they have shields but ugto have proton technology that can fire blobs of particles, create special armor, and actually create a singularity

i see it as ICC having defense tech: shields, pulse waves and beams
UGTO having offense tech: flux (in other words molecular splitting devices), particle weapons, and the power to make a singularity with a torpedo

so i see it as ugto and icc having different tech with different ship philosophies, and 2 energy heavy systems opperating at once can't work

but anyway, back to topic

i disagree with the quantum cannon and the ion gun because then UGTO's long range perofrmance drastically, very drastically goes up
UGTO are supposed to be close range sluggers, get in close and outlast and outdamage
not sit at long range to pound the enemy like ICC
and im UGTO, and you would think i would like this because of that, but i believe you kinda kill the purpose of ugto's philosophy

same with ICC getting a close range weapon, we will see ICC slugging it out like UGTO, against the long range philosophy of ICC

i prefer not to implement these weapons, but if you do make the number of these cannons few and make them not exchangeable with other normal cannons

or we will see BDs that can outlast CDs in longrange combat,
truly long range carrier dreads

Bleh CD sucks too much that even with ion guns it cant outlast a skilled BD pilot

ugto actually gets most out of these changes, as ugto at range can only pull off a fighter spam, and particle cannon at max range dont do much

ICC can still use rails to hurt at close range

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-17 14:05   
If you read the ranges I said.....there SHORTER then the guns there replacing.

UGTO is med range faction, the Quantum cannon is shorter ranged then the Pcannon.

ICC is long ranged, but the Ion Gun is 100gu short of the ion cannon.

Both of those guns fall right into both factions "fluff", ICC being long range, UGTO being somewhere in the middle. I kept both factions philosophy's in mind when I thought of those guns. Been with the game for a while, you learn what each faction should look like over time.

The idea behind both weps was to give a new mass produced gun to the two factions. Maybe even restrict both guns to Marshal only? Now that would be a good idea.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

Email Starcommander
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-18 03:29   

I've suggested these somewhere before, so I'll put it up again.

Human factions:
Cloak disruptor torp:
Drops the cloak of all Kluths in a 200gu radius for 5 secs.
Causes minimum damage on impact. Or can be remotely det.
Carried only by selected ships, ammo count of 5.

Kluth:
Jump/WH disruptor torp:
When used against a WH, collapses it immediately.
When used on a ship, resets the JD n puts it into recharge mode.
Carried only by selected ships, ammo count of 5.

These 'selected' ships should be destroyer classed, so we can see a reason why ppl should fly a small ship.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-18 15:26   
Quote:
On 2010-07-16 18:29, Starcommand of ICC *XO* wrote:
These weps I have been suggesting are normal cannons, based on there bigger counterparts.

So if i get this right, you want to design weapons that will replace the "Heavy Cannons"..
Actually that sounds just about fine to me. instead of calling the weapon a heavy, make up new technology for it.
Quote:
ICC being ahead of the curve so to speak in the tech level of the game. Something like this would show that, after all ICC was smart in getting the Shield Emitters by that one company. Shields being able to do the same thing as armor but at a much much cheaper rate. Why not ICC figuring out how to make a smaller Ion Cannon.

Making new things for the Kluth is difficult as they do not know how to build there offensive weps. They only know how to operate and repair them but are unable to replicate them. According to fluff, its assumed that Kluth tech was given to them by some other alien race, maybe even the MI before they turned bad.

For the Human tech it is totally correct.
K'Luth all PSI tech has K'luth origin. everything else like Anti-Matter or Plasma is technology they where given, found or stripped from the enemy.

Quote:
On 2010-07-17 10:52, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
i see people go: ICC is very smart and have great technology
where is a link to that? real or fan fiction?

DarkSpace History
Chapter 2.55 & Chapter 2.57
Quote:
yes they have shields but ugto have proton technology that can fire blobs of particles, create special armor, and actually create a singularity

i see it as ICC having defense tech: shields, pulse waves and beams
UGTO having offense tech: flux (in other words molecular splitting devices), particle weapons, and the power to make a singularity with a torpedo

so i see it as ugto and icc having different tech with different ship philosophies, and 2 energy heavy systems operating at once can't work

True, to that. we want ICC to have weapons that require less energy. the energy ICC generates is required to operate there defenses. there shields. To offset the icc weapons need less energy they have a ammunition limit. this requires them to turn away from combat or get supplied in combat to continuing combat.
ICC have faster defense recharge without help and need supply ships to re-arm. UGTO have unlimited ammo but slow defenses so need supply ship to survive.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-18 21:01   
actually, from what i read shields were developed either independently or by the UGTO assuming demaret is UGTO (located in lacterta)
But the leader of the UGTO was kinda stupid i guess and declined the proposition to fit it on UGTO ships.
later the ICC bought a huge quantity and probably learned how to make more

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-19 05:49   
Quote:

On 2010-07-18 21:01, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
actually, from what i read shields were developed either independently or by the UGTO assuming demaret is UGTO (located in lacterta)
But the leader of the UGTO was kinda stupid i guess and declined the proposition to fit it on UGTO ships.
later the ICC bought a huge quantity and probably learned how to make more

It was a UGTO company that did make shield tech, BUT UGTO didn't want to upgrade there fleet at the time, so ICC bought them instead. Now ICC has that tech and during the 2 past wars UGTO lost both of them because ICC shield tech was so easy to repair. It takes significantly less time to replace a shield emitter then to add plates of armor to a ship.

As for the Ion Gun, ya make it replaceable for Heavy Cannons only, dose the same damage as one but makes ICC have to think about power consumption. Kluth gotta do it with there beam heavy ships, and ICC already dose with its shields this would add just another choice for ICC pilots. Same with the UGTO Quantum Cannon, a choice between heavy particle cannons which are unlimited and fire multiple shots. Or a 2 shot gun that can do its full damage when it hits, has no power requirements (or the min if a device must have power), but is limited in its ammo.

I have found that Gauss cannons, may do less damage then the railgun, have a better damage output then railguns. Because Gauss fires only 2 shots not 5, also has a higher travel speed to boot. So the Gauss can do its max damage against a moving target, better then a railgun can. So was the idea behind the Quantum Cannon for UGTO, a 2 shot cannon that has a slightly less speed then a gauss gun, but again is limited in its range and ammo count. As for the Ion Gun, same bullet speed as its bigger counterpart.

Reload speeds should be the same or slightly faster then there bigger counterparts. About 1.5x reload.

Email Starcommander
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-07-19 12:25   
Quote:

On 2010-07-18 15:26, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:

UGTO have unlimited ammo but slow defenses so need supply ship to survive.

One question have you ever seen 6 utgo SS's repairing each other? or them sitting next to a depo planet? if you havent then go see and then come back and tell me they have slow defenses

[ This Message was edited by: Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *XO* on 2010-07-19 12:27 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-19 15:11   
Hi crazy 45. While we were discussing some actual ideas you came to troll.

In that case i guess ill feed ya.
Have you ever see ICC SS AND MD hug a depo?
With an AD to pick up the very few who make it into QST range?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.018359 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR