No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.7 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Help? what do I do?
 Author Help? what do I do?
CorpLee

Posted: 2010-07-19 01:33   
I'm new and just joined so I do not know what to do... is their something that I must down load or pay for to play the game? and from the Pics that I have seen of the game looked 3-D is it?

Thanks for all the help that I get!
CorpLee

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-19 02:02   
You download the GCQL client from the web site. Then install it and launch. Log into the account you created here on the site. You will then be in the main lobby of the game where you can find a lot of help from players.

To play the game you go to the servers tab of GCQL. Click on one of the servers and click connect. The game will then download the latest patch and launch. Since it will be your first time launching it will launch the Set up first, picking your Video card and video settings. Once you done with that click OK and the game will proceed to connect and launch the game. After the game is launched you will be faced with a choice between the 3 factions.
UGTO: Humans from Earth. Play Style: All
K'luth: Aliens from an unknown region of space. Play Style: Stealth/Hit 'n Run.
ICC: Human Rebel Faction. Play Style: Turtle/Hard to kill/Long Range Sniper.

A server to go to is the Scenario server or Ursa Minor, both are good for newbies. Ursa Minor is usually empty (not many play there) but its a good place to get basic piloting down, and to explore the game. If you want to play with people Scenario is where you can find a mix of both newbies and veterans of the game, there you can ask questions and be taught the basics of the game. For where the "real" war is that happens between the 3 factions of the game the Sagittarius server is where you want to go. However I should warn you that Sag is the Metaverse, there things are hard and you will die....a lot. However you will most likely run into more Veterans of the game and be able to learn the rest of the game in general from here. Depending on the time of day (US mostly) you will find all 3 factions with players.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
nicklane1
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-19 06:26   
Quote:

On 2010-07-19 02:02, Starcommand of ICC *XO* wrote:
You download the GCQL client from the web site. Then install it and launch. Log into the account you created here on the site. You will then be in the main lobby of the game where you can find a lot of help from players.

To play the game you go to the servers tab of GCQL. Click on one of the servers and click connect. The game will then download the latest patch and launch. Since it will be your first time launching it will launch the Set up first, picking your Video card and video settings. Once you done with that click OK and the game will proceed to connect and launch the game. After the game is launched you will be faced with a choice between the 3 factions.
UGTO: Humans from Earth. Play Style: All
K'luth: Aliens from an unknown region of space. Play Style: Stealth/Hit 'n Run.
ICC: Human Rebel Faction. Play Style: Turtle/Hard to kill/Long Range Sniper.

A server to go to is the Scenario server or Ursa Minor, both are good for newbies. Ursa Minor is usually empty (not many play there) but its a good place to get basic piloting down, and to explore the game. If you want to play with people Scenario is where you can find a mix of both newbies and veterans of the game, there you can ask questions and be taught the basics of the game. For where the "real" war is that happens between the 3 factions of the game the Sagittarius server is where you want to go. However I should warn you that Sag is the Metaverse, there things are hard and you will die....a lot. However you will most likely run into more Veterans of the game and be able to learn the rest of the game in general from here. Depending on the time of day (US mostly) you will find all 3 factions with players.

1+ Perfect

Email nicklane1   Goto the website of nicklane1
Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-19 14:19   
Reading the MANUAL may help you a lot.

<< here in the list, left.
[ This Message was edited by: perihelion on 2010-07-19 14:23 ]

Page created in 0.010166 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR