No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » UGTO Tactics
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author UGTO Tactics
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-20 05:26   
ICC is US based mostly, vs UGTO or Kluth. UGTO is mostly EU based (RSM being the key there) and Kluth with a mix. So ICC dose go on capping sprees during times when most players can't do anything about it. After all its what UGTO or Kluth do when ICC isn't on. Also ICC seems to be the only side that's aggressive enough to attack a home server, even Kluth didn't do that when ICC was shut out of Sag for a while.

In terms of Station spam, well we learned it good from UGTO. Taking all Support Stations and attacking a system, ya we learned good from RSM. Seems like some players are a little butt hurt over it tho, don't worry we at least don't do it 24/7. Lately the attacks I have seen and lead have involved only 1 maybe 2 stations from ICC, the rest in AD's or HC's. Since ICC can't deal with close combat, the ships we can use to fight IN close combat are our stations or Assault Dreads.

UGTO seem to be also mostly VA+ players, Kluth with Admiral+ players. Both of those factions have ships that are good at those ranks. ICC.....heh good luck in an MD or CD, hope you like to die a lot. ICC is stuck in the AD for dread combat, so we need players FA+ to really be as effective as our counterparts. The combat dread CAN win against a BD, but not at a great cost to it self, and if you get a fleet of CD's vs BD's the CD's will lose. "Why not hop into a HC then or Combat Dessy?" Ya that would be nice, if those ships didn't chew through ammo like a fat boy with a bunch of doughnuts. Fleets of HC's and Cdessys can do well, but you need lots of em, a 2:1 ratio to fight a dread fleet of Battle Dreads. Oh and forget fighting Kluth in such small ships, there like snacks to Mandys, Siphons and Krills. When fighting Kluth, ICC has only its AD's and stations for combat, combined with recon scouts and dicos, ICC can fight, but still with quite a handicap. But now I am down to just talking about game balance and everyone knows the last of the balance issues lie with ICC vs Kluth combat.

Oh and as for scrapping planets when people cap em, ya its called Scorched Earth Policy. Makes it easy to recap the planet and also slows you (the enemy) down a bit in your invasion. As you have to leave some players back to rebuild the planet, or the entire fleet.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-20 09:14   
QQ alert i repeat QQ alert

[ This Message was edited by: obsidian shadow on 2010-07-20 09:16 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-20 09:21   
Man, you guys need to learn to get along.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-20 10:03   
Quote:

On 2010-07-20 09:21, Bardiche wrote:
Man, you guys need to learn to get along.

What kind of new tactic is that???

Are you trying to extend your hand in peace, then stab us with the knife in your other hand??!

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-20 10:06   
No... I'm just saying we can keep the hostility and bashing to the in-game pewpew, and use the forums for friendly banter. Mutual respect leads to a better understanding and you'll be better versed trying to make the game more fun for everyone if you can talk without going OMG URE QQ and OMG URE OP and OMG URE blah blah blah when at the end of the day, it all boils down to favourite faction choice and favourite ship choice...

Love and peace. No knives involved.

GunRunner
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-20 10:06   
Quote:

On 2010-07-20 00:13, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Epic Kenny...

Email GunRunner
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-07-20 10:26   
Quote:

On 2010-07-20 09:14, obsidian shadow wrote:

Do you ever shut up?

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-20 14:09   
Quote:

On 2010-07-20 10:26, Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *XO* wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-20 09:14, obsidian shadow wrote:

Do you ever shut up?

nah i should really change my name to motor mouth shadow lol

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-20 15:16   
well you ICC "learned" from UGTO BUT WE STOPPED STATION SPAM, YOU CONTINUE IT *THEN* STILL CALL US STATION SPAMMERS.
really
5 icc stations called our 3 stations a station spam and come to think of it they couldnt see 2 of them, they were in r33

if enough complains are made a faction can look bad.
Since ICC qqs the most ugto looks like a noob spamming faction while icc arent much better

also a cd can own an ead, ever tried close orbit so they can only broadside you? but, since icc has obviously better tactics i guess this orbiting is just another stupid idea

your so called courageous capping sprees will be called courageaous if you tried to do them when someone is on defending

while you complain about CD vs BD bd wins, try something called fighting at distances over 400 gu, where rails do more damage than pcannons

and about planet hugging, if ugto planet hugs, break out an ss, md and cd and stay out of qst range. you win
if icc planet hugs, ugto gets battered before qst range

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-20 15:24   
Quote:

On 2010-07-20 00:06, Leonide wrote:
seriously now, what is up with UGTO tactics? it seems to be either one of three things...

1. throw stations at it until it dies

2. go through the gate one by one and just get nailed (when they don't go through the gate the smart way, all at once)

3. hole up at the nearest Depot planet and turtle up.

y'all need somebody that can command you guys. seriously.

Listen up: I dont know! hehe

Like someone said its often like this:
ICC move to UGTO to have some fun and try to break their defense,
then Kluth come in, they smell blood and want to get their scalps.

ICCs long range abilitys suit ONLY against UGTO (beside Ion Canon),
like UGTO use their ECM covered fighters only efficently against ICC.

ICC HAS to use MDs and Stations to efficently hit equal numbers of UGTO,
if Kluth are involved in large numbers or its only ICC vs Kluth, ADs are the weapon of choice.(simplified)
If UGTO are in weak numbers ICC may also jump to "melee" with ADs.

Why UGTO almost never form up in a compact fleet and make any "operations"?

I dont know, maybe they dont have enough EAD players.
My theory is: It is RPG.. UGTO have to be UGTO (-;

P.S.: ICC often outnumbers the other factions, if there is no resistance at all
they start capturing systems because they are bored.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-20 16:50   
Think about why other factions do that before complaint. Tips: put you in their place, more specific: with their weapon, armor, utilities, shall you copy their actions?

Issue is fixed.

Btw don't forget Darkspace is MMO. Number is the ultimate solution for ANY problem. Luth knows that.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-20 17:13   
Quote:

On 2010-07-20 15:16, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
well you ICC "learned" from UGTO BUT WE STOPPED STATION SPAM, YOU CONTINUE IT *THEN* STILL CALL US STATION SPAMMERS.
really
5 icc stations called our 3 stations a station spam and come to think of it they couldnt see 2 of them, they were in r33

Well good for you, you could use the F2 map! Case in point, not all players watch F2 sceen all the time. Another point is, ICC will do playful banter too, calling UGTO station spamming when ICC is doing it too.
Quote:

if enough complains are made a faction can look bad.
Since ICC qqs the most ugto looks like a noob spamming faction while icc arent much better

ICC has a lot of noobs, a lot of noobs that don't know when to shut up. ICCU itself is having to address this and it has gotten better. Still QQ will always be around no matter what you can do.

Quote:

also a cd can own an ead, ever tried close orbit so they can only broadside you? but, since icc has obviously better tactics i guess this orbiting is just another stupid idea

while you complain about CD vs BD bd wins, try something called fighting at distances over 400 gu, where rails do more damage than pcannons

EAD will rip a CD in less then 3 seconds. I did it myself in scen (best place to test stock vs stock), the EAD just needs to wait for that CD to jump then it can jump it. CD won't be able to get away in time befire it dies, and not amount of manuvering will do it either. BD vs CD, ya 1v1 CD can win if the pilot is good, get a group of em together and CD's lose. Reason being is the CD has a few guns missing, been replaced with missiles. CD's IC don't fire on 3 arcs, much less half of its own guns. There are quite a few issues with the CD's layout now, something that hopfully will be fixed sooner rather then later.

Distance.....LOL thats rich! ICC cant keep its distance worth BEANS! UGTO and ICC are on the same speed and JD time level. So whoever gets the jump first will win, well when ICC attacks guess whos jumping in first.

Quote:

your so called courageous capping sprees will be called courageaous if you tried to do them when someone is on defending

Really? Well I guess you wern't around yesterday when ICC took Grubbs cluster. We faught both UGTO and Kluth off and took your two depot planets and grubbs. A lot of RSM was on too, and other fleets. But I guess that never happend since ICC always capps when people aren't on.

Quote:

and about planet hugging, if ugto planet hugs, break out an ss, md and cd and stay out of qst range. you win
if icc planet hugs, ugto gets battered before qst range

UGTO planet hugs, there hugging a depot planet. ICC can't outdamage the repair rate of a depot planet, much less 5-6 supply ships too and stations. Even with the mightly missile spam we can't do it. With Ion Cannons we could, back when they were a 1950gu range, and wep plexers. You mix a missile spam with a few Line Stations and we could push UGTO off of any planet easy. A lot of QQ came of that and the range nerf came, but I already explained that to you in the beta forum.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
nicklane1
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-20 18:26   

On 2010-07-20 17:13, Starcommand of ICC *XO* wrote:
[/quote]

EAD will rip a CD in less then 3 seconds. I did it myself in scen (best place to test stock vs stock), the EAD just needs to wait for that CD to jump then it can jump it. CD won't be able to get away in time befire it dies, and not amount of manuvering will do it either. BD vs CD, ya 1v1 CD can win if the pilot is good, get a group of em together and CD's lose. Reason being is tDistance.....LOL thats rich! ICC cant keep its distance worth BEANS! UGTO and ICC are on the same speed and JD time level. So whoever gets the jump first will win, well when ICC attacks guess whos jumping in first.

[/quote]
I have beaten an EAD with CD no problem, all it took was a second or two of thought, i knew he was there because we were going to duel, so when i went through to gate, i came from the OTHER side so i could get away quickly without turning, which forced him to jump, then i jumped, this kept up untill he died. I was even in QST range and only took 30 armour, THINK before you charge! SPACEBAR MASH ISENT THE WAY TO WIN! Now stop the QQ and deal with it!

Email nicklane1   Goto the website of nicklane1
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-07-20 23:41   
our tactics in cin:

heavy combats guard the rear
MDs and other long range units fire on any UGTO silly enough to get out in the open alone, bomb the planets with PSM
small combats keep UGTO tied up around the planets so they cant mount a defense against MDs
as planets fall, battle line moves forward and pushes the UGTO out. advancing artillery barage with interference.

a force of engineers and a defending station were left at this cluster to repair the damage wed just done.

then we capped sentry levi using the same tactic, but UGTO took it back, forcing us to call for a withdrawal. so we changed tactics: combats jumped to sentry levi and drew the defending fleet out. transports rushed little purgatory and took it, forcing some UGTO to withdraw. the rest of the UGTO fleet got chased off by our fleet which then took sentry levi. diversion and two-pronged attack.

those are tactics and strategies. organized by a central group of leaders. they were very successful and resulted in some epic fighting that we enjoyed immensely.

ICC has in the past orchestrated ambushes (Banshees ambush of the UGTO in lalande, for those that remember. or more recently jumping a fleet on top of an UGTO station line advancing on Earth), diversions (a repeated tactic I've used, drawing an enemy fleet out from a planet with combats then bombing or capping it. in some cases even simply capturing planets in an entirely different system if we need to stall an attack), hopping (another favourite of mine, attacking different points around the system so that the enemy has difficulty reaching you and giving you the maximum amount of time needed to cap. Very useful in eps eri when ICC was first beginning to attack kluth way back when, and had half as many ships), etc. etc.

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-21 00:08   
Quote:

On 2010-07-20 00:06, Leonide wrote:
seriously now, what is up with UGTO tactics? it seems to be either one of three things...

1. throw stations at it until it dies

2. go through the gate one by one and just get nailed (when they don't go through the gate the smart way, all at once)

3. hole up at the nearest Depot planet and turtle up.

y'all need somebody that can command you guys. seriously.

Working on it. But i'm sure you don't mind the pres....

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026059 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR