No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » UGTO Tactics
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author UGTO Tactics
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-21 01:04   
ill admit that raven is probably very coordinated, not sure i can say that about other icc fleets

AP0LLYON
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-21 01:25   
It's ok, I'm only an ensign and i know my suppy can pwn any UGTO stat that comes at me XD

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-21 02:02   
Quote:

On 2010-07-20 05:26, Starcommand of ICC *XO* wrote:
Also ICC seems to be the only side that's aggressive enough to attack a home server, even Kluth didn't do that when ICC was shut out of Sag for a while.

why would we want to do that?

theres so much QQ on the forum whenever someone gets booted out of sag its just not fun to take it any further...

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-21 03:27   
@nicklane

Ok so you can take an EAD in a CD if you know what you are doing. Still doesn't make up the point that the CD is still underpowered. Also I wasn't QQing, shesh know the effing DIFFERENCE. Was just pointing out that the EAD (an assault ship) will, most of the time, beat a CD (a non assault ship). These are two different class ships in the first place (super dread vs normal dread).

Ya, lark is really good at getting people whipped up into shape for an assault. No matter the fleet, lark is good at getting everyone to listen, well at least the ones that want to listen.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-21 07:54   
Quote:

ICC is US based mostly, vs UGTO or Kluth. UGTO is mostly EU based (RSM being the key there) and Kluth with a mix. So ICC dose go on capping sprees during times when most players can't do anything about it. After all its what UGTO or Kluth do when ICC isn't on. Also ICC seems to be the only side that's aggressive enough to attack a home server, even Kluth didn't do that when ICC was shut out of Sag for a while.

dont assume becuse we didnt atack your home server when we destroyed icc in sag. That we couldnt have taken cass. With the unending amount of complaining from icc about how unfair it was. That kluth didnt "let" icc have a planet. I can only imagin the qq from icc if i had instructed kluth to take cass also. So do not take this as a form of weakness in what we could have or not have done.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-21 08:54   
i find it hard that'd make a difference due to the fact MOST (<<<<<) of luth are through and through press whores

We are the Falix Brothers...

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-21 16:33   
Pres whores? hehe, i think the "upper" kluth players dont need any pres.
pres are just part of the sport.
Kluth(PB) can take over if they want, prolly faster and harder to stop then any other.
I saw it myself when they left the unguarded BD sector just because they were bored.
There is nothing special about kicking a faction out of Sag, newbies get their kicks from capping, the expierenced ones stop after a while, or a certain goal is reached.

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-21 16:44   
Quote:

On 2010-07-21 16:33, perihelion wrote:
Pres whores? hehe, i think the "upper" kluth players dont need any pres.
pres are just part of the sport.
Kluth(PB) can take over if they want, prolly faster and harder to stop then any other.
I saw it myself when they left the unguarded BD sector just because they were bored.
There is nothing special about kicking a faction out of Sag, newbies get their kicks from capping, the expierenced ones stop after a while, or a certain goal is reached.

wow perihelion your probably one of the most intelligent icc ive ever seen.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-21 18:49   
All I was saying about that was, I don't treat each server and independent of each other but just a part of the MV, like the old days. So if you want to push out a faction you will have to take every little planet they have, just like the old days. Thats why I said Kluth and UGTO don't attack "home" servers. Its not that your weak (weak! lol) but your only doing half the job. When ICC went to take out Kluth a while back, we didn't stop in Sag, we moved on to Proc and to Andro. Same with when ICC pushed UGTO out, we moved to attack Lacerta.

So my statement still stands, it seems ICC is the only faction that will attack a factions home server, to continue the crusade against that faction.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-21 20:53   
"continue crusade"
wow...really?
the only reason ICC attacks home servers is because they can and when they get kicked out of sag, UGTO/Kluth are buried in QQ.
blah blah blah out of sag blah blah blah no fair no planets blah blah

We actually give mercy and not touch cass, but ICC just goes into hypocrite mode and takes everything
then you complain a certain faction has a grudge on you

so your "crusade" is to be mean
when we are considering a crusade against ICC, Cass becomes another continent seperated by a sea of tears
oh we can traverse this sea, but we actually have a heart

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-21 21:51   
well said space admiral exactly the words i would have used.
when kluth destroyed icc. I cant tell you how much people were complaining to me even good friends. I even got secret messages that i was "killing their game" I was so annoyed with icc some how im not supposed to atack them. The reality is if i had attacked cass(and i was going to) icc would have quit the game. Only a few icc truely deserve the title. During this time padma and point were the only ones who would fight regardless of the odds and sometimes they would win battle even agaisnt insane odds. The kluth more or less have gone back to fighting ugto. The ugto will fight us to the last planet and i expect tthem to keep fighting when they have nothing. Sure im not saying some wouldnt complain but omg to the point icc does.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-21 21:52   

LOL @ the trash talk.

Actually the only reason why I wouldn't bother with a capping "campaign" in Cass, is that it is boring. To me, I just want ship to ship PEW PEW. Assaulting and bombing a planet can be fun, especially in numbers, but for the most part, I'm in it for the combat.

So I prefer to stay in Sag where planets change hands more often.

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-21 22:57   
Quote:

On 2010-07-20 02:31, Pegasus wrote:
Bring back .483 prest loss, then stations/dreads wont throw themselves at you like they have been doing since the beginning of 1.5. No tactics since 1.5 release been a complete turkey shoot.

ahahaha yup pres loss then was scary

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-21 23:00   
Quote:

ICC is US based mostly, vs UGTO or Kluth. UGTO is mostly EU based (RSM being the key there) and Kluth with a mix. So ICC dose go on capping sprees during times when most players can't do anything about it. After all its what UGTO or Kluth do when ICC isn't on. Also ICC seems to be the only side that's aggressive enough to attack a home server, even Kluth didn't do that when ICC was shut out of Sag for a while.

In terms of Station spam, well we learned it good from UGTO. Taking all Support Stations and attacking a system, ya we learned good from RSM. Seems like some players are a little butt hurt over it tho, don't worry we at least don't do it 24/7. Lately the attacks I have seen and lead have involved only 1 maybe 2 stations from ICC, the rest in AD's or HC's. Since ICC can't deal with close combat, the ships we can use to fight IN close combat are our stations or Assault Dreads.

UGTO seem to be also mostly VA+ players, Kluth with Admiral+ players. Both of those factions have ships that are good at those ranks. ICC.....heh good luck in an MD or CD, hope you like to die a lot. ICC is stuck in the AD for dread combat, so we need players FA+ to really be as effective as our counterparts. The combat dread CAN win against a BD, but not at a great cost to it self, and if you get a fleet of CD's vs BD's the CD's will lose. "Why not hop into a HC then or Combat Dessy?" Ya that would be nice, if those ships didn't chew through ammo like a fat boy with a bunch of doughnuts. Fleets of HC's and Cdessys can do well, but you need lots of em, a 2:1 ratio to fight a dread fleet of Battle Dreads. Oh and forget fighting Kluth in such small ships, there like snacks to Mandys, Siphons and Krills. When fighting Kluth, ICC has only its AD's and stations for combat, combined with recon scouts and dicos, ICC can fight, but still with quite a handicap. But now I am down to just talking about game balance and everyone knows the last of the balance issues lie with ICC vs Kluth combat.

Oh and as for scrapping planets when people cap em, ya its called Scorched Earth Policy. Makes it easy to recap the planet and also slows you (the enemy) down a bit in your invasion. As you have to leave some players back to rebuild the planet, or the entire fleet.

ill admit small ships ARE snacks to luth lol... and ya guys plz dont whine about station spam ive watched ugto pull out what was it 8 stations at a time the only faction ive yet to see station spam from is luth and thats cus mandys krills and siphons ar maor fun
ICCvskluth combat....to be honest u guys usualy do better than ugto cus u guys usualy hav raven keepin u all in line lol and ur very tightly packed which is bad when 3 kluth dreads try and gang rape a icc station while within 100gu of 2 other stations 4 dreads and 2 cruisers

and those of u who whine about planet scrapping...yes it sucks but its a pretty viable tactic (look at the russians) and nearly anything is a viable tactic in war guys

[ This Message was edited by: Shath on 2010-07-21 23:07 ]

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-21 23:09   
Quote:

On 2010-07-20 10:06, Bardiche wrote:
No... I'm just saying we can keep the hostility and bashing to the in-game pewpew, and use the forums for friendly banter. Mutual respect leads to a better understanding and you'll be better versed trying to make the game more fun for everyone if you can talk without going OMG URE QQ and OMG URE OP and OMG URE blah blah blah when at the end of the day, it all boils down to favourite faction choice and favourite ship choice...

Love and peace. No knives involved.

look out kenny i think he has the knife hidden in his shirt sumwhere

PS faction QQ hate does make it more fun it adds more excitement to teh pvp

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027998 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR