No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Im a new player, have questions
 Author Im a new player, have questions
Vice Admiral Josh Knight
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-25 00:32   
I just found this game looking for free games similar to EVE, since i don't have a source of income to pay for it. I have not downloaded it yet, but i have read the forums and guides.

1. Which server is the most populated at the moment?

2. Is the game world persistent until one race wins, or is thier a time limit?

3. Would anybody in a active clan be willing to take me, a new player, into thier fleet?

4. Is thier a player-driven economy in this game?

5. I live in the US, so are there enough players active to have a fun experience?

6. What race is the most populated? Which is the least? What are the tactical advantages of each race?

Thx for your help in advance!
[ This Message was edited by: Josh Knight on 2010-07-25 00:33 ]

Email Vice Admiral Josh Knight
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-25 00:44   
Quote:

On 2010-07-25 00:32, Josh Knight wrote:
I just found this game looking for free games similar to EVE, since i don't have a source of income to pay for it. I have not downloaded it yet, but i have read the forums and guides.

Sagittarius server is the "main" server people play on. The other is Scenario.

Quote:

Yes, for the Metaverse it is, game continues on and people capture planets and systems even when you aren't there (its an MMO after all). A time limit exists in Scenario, usually its 3 hrs per a map before it auto ends and who owns X amount of flag planets wins and the map moves on to the next system.

Quote:

3. Would anybody in a active clan be willing to take me, a new player, into thier fleet?

ICCU will take anyone even some of our "noobs" or newer players can help you now. There are other fleets as well.

A fleet is "locked" to a faction of its choice. If you are unfleeted when you join the game it will ask you every time what faction to play as. When you are in a fleet it auto joins you to said faction (scenario is excluded from this).

ICCU's faction is ICC.

Quote:

No, not like other major MMO's. There are no places to sell your enhancements or stuff. Game is run by donations, you donate $50 you get 50k credits to buy enhancements in the game.

Quote:

5. I live in the US, so are there enough players active to have a fun experience?

DS's player base is spread across the world, majority of players are US based, so you won't run into that issue.
Quote:

6. What race is the most populated? Which is the least? What are the tactical advantages of each race?

depends on the flavor of the month for people. For a while its UGTO, then its K'luth and now its currently been ICC. Really depends on what your play style is.

UGTO: All around, works for any and all
ICC: Turtle, hard to kill, sniper
Kluth: Sneaky, Stealth, hit in run.

[ This Message was edited by: Starcommand of ICC *XO* on 2010-07-25 00:44 ]

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-25 00:47   
Quote:

On 2010-07-25 00:32, Josh Knight wrote:

1. For the metaverse, Sagittarius is usually the most populated.
2. The metaverse is persistent. The scenerio server games end when certain objectives are met or if it hits the 2-3 hour limits.
3. Probably. But you should stay fleetless for a while and play on all 3 factions to see how it feels and which you like best.
4. You can buy enhancements for your ships for real life cash (you buy credits then you use credits to buy items) or earn them by killing enemies. You can sometimes trade enhancements with players (either using credits or with other enhancements). Some players are nice and will give out fre enhancements, esp. for new players.
5. Yes. Most of the time at least. If you can't find anyone in the metaverse, go into scenerio.
6. I'm pretty sure that currently most players are on ICC (at least when it is night in North America). I don't know whether UGTO or Kluth have the least.

The ICC have shields as well as armour, so they are quite strong defensively. They generally attack with missiles from far away.

The K'luth have the ability to cloak, auto hull regeneration, as well as very strong disruptor beams. However, their armour and hull are easy to puncture... they attack by staying cloaked, sneaking close to the enemy, decloaking, and firing several times before jumping away.

The UGTO are fairly balanced, but we are quite good on the offensive. Our specialty is our ability to cause internal system damage with our electromagnetic pulse (EMP) technology.

Welcome to Darkspace, we hope you have fun and stick around for a while!

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-25 02:06   
above posts answer most questions but ill go into a little more details about factions

ICC: Long range and defense. ICC use shields where you can redirect power from one shield to the other, where armor can't. ICC are also long range. Their weapons hit lighter, but are faster, have longer range, and have no range fall off damage. They also have (in)famous missle ships.

UGTO: A close/medium range slugger faction. They use more armor than other factions and their armor is more stronger and can be upgraded against different damage types. They have close range weapons and medium range weapons aswell, with a hard hitting cannon that has range falloff. UGTO also has a nice carrier fleet. Also probably the most versatile.

Kluth: The point blank guerrilla warfare faction. They don't have sheilds, and they have inferior armor to UGTO, but their main defense is cloak. They use very short range weapons, with ranges that make luth the up close and personal faction, using lasers and torpedos mounted fore. These 2 elements combined make luth the sneak up close, wreak havoc, panic the enemy, and then escape. They have a specialty in mines and energy draining ships.

Page created in 0.008195 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR