No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Forewarning?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Forewarning?
Fatal HI NSA PadmaVajra *XO1*
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-26 17:20   
funny word...forewarn....since fore means at front of...and warn means...give advice before...its kind of a strange fusion in english of two words that don't need to be joined. Warn..or Warning (gerund or verb form)...already have the implication of "before" in them...thus forewarn almost means 'before before notice'

just 2 cents on that strange word

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Vice Admiral Josh Knight
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-26 17:37   
Oohh I was there! It was odd...

Email Vice Admiral Josh Knight
Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-26 18:03   
Wow.
is this about the energy sig being picked up?

We are the Falix Brothers...

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-26 19:10   
THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS CLASSIFIED LEVEL RHO. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE CLEARANCE TO VIEW THIS MESSAGE, CEASE READING AND REPORT TO FLEET INTELLIGENCE IMMEDIATELY.

Message from: UGTO FLEET HQ.
To: All cleared active fleet captains
Subject: MI situation.

Gentlemen,

It is obvious that the entity or entities commanding the forces belonging to what is known to us as the Machine Intelligence means the United Galactic Trade Organisation harm, as has been evidenced by the hostile activities of their warships.

This warning, however, is mysterious. Are they simply posturing, or do they mean to step up their campaign of genocide against the human race?

All we know at the moment is that we simply cannot allow them to gain any ground. Thus far they have been a lesser threat, but should they prove to be capable of menacing humanity, it may become necessary to set aside our emnity with the Interstellar Cultural Confederation and unite in order to defeat a far greater threat.

For the moment, however, we cannot know what they may be planning. Keep your eyes bright, remain alert, and report any unusual activities in regions where the MI is known to operate.

Signing off,
Star Brigadier Gejaheline, Navy Command,
UGTO Fleet HQ, Mars.

Honour is all.

[ This Message was edited by: Gejaheline on 2010-07-26 19:54 ]

nicklane1
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-26 19:24   
Quote:

On 2010-07-26 19:10, Gejaheline wrote:
Message from: UGTO FLEET HQ.
To: All active fleet captains.
Subject: MI situation.

Gentlemen,

It is obvious that the entity or entities commanding the forces belonging to what is known to us as the Machine Intelligence means the United Galactic Trade Organisation harm, as has been evidenced by the hostile activities of their warships.

This warning, however, is mysterious. Are they simply posturing, or do they mean to step up their campaign of genocide against the human race?

All we know at the moment is that we simply cannot allow them to gain any ground. Thus far they have been a lesser threat, but should they prove to be capable of menacing humanity, it may become necessary to set aside our emnity with the Interstellar Cultural Confederation and unite in order to defeat a far greater threat.

For the moment, however, we cannot know what they may be planning. Keep your eyes bright, remain alert, and report any unusual activities in regions where the MI is known to operate.

Signing off,
Star Brigadier Gejaheline, Navy Command,
UGTO Fleet HQ, Mars.

Honour is all.

OH we are all going to die.

Email nicklane1   Goto the website of nicklane1
Mr_Morton
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-26 19:28   
I just realized, we were saying a couple of days ago about how after the cruisers are redone, dark space will end...maybe this is it O.o

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-26 19:33   
It's painfully obvious that the translation isn't exact. Or rather, the translation is perfect, but the way in which we translate isn't how the MI expects. There may me words or even entire phrases out of context (entire words could mean something else).

The only clear thing is the message itself is not a friendly one.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-26 20:18   
looks like humans are in for one bumpy ride

Email *FTL*Soulless
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-07-26 20:26   
//Incoming Transmission
//Headers Hidden
//Backtrack Scrambled

***** Confederate Fleet Command *****
***** Fleet-wide Serviceman's Memo *****
Security Level: Classified Level 3 (Secret Protocol - non top. Officers and Enlisted rank E1 and up)

RE: Alleged "MI" Message

Men and women of the Confederate Navy, it has come to our attention that several sources within both the ICC and UGTO fleets, as well as several independent outlets, have been re-broadcasting and discussing the contents and meaning of a message that has purportedly been broadcast by the Machine Intelligence race. Please allow myself and the ICC Security Council to assuage any and all doubts or concerns you may have on this matter.

The ISC and the ICC fleet as a whole have taken the issue of the M.I. threat very seriously, and we have tested their capabilities and tactics for months in scattered dealings with their forces. In our minds we have little doubt of their intentions in pursuing the alien K'Luth tribes that fled from the war with the M.I. however we do not have enough information at this time in order to form an accurate assessment in regards towards their intentions for dealing with Humanity.

If this message is to be understood as it has been translated - which is, shall we say, a questionable assessment of the message's meaning at best - then our current strategic and tactical situation remains unchanged. While our government and the UGTO & K'Luth governments are not officially in a state of open war - and have not been since the conclusion of the 3rd Stellar Conflict - the open hostilities and skirmishes mandate that we keep our entire fleet at a high state of readiness already. At this time, you are to in no way alter your current assignments or levels of preparedness. If and when the current state of affairs in the current sector change, rest assured that the ISC branch will have planned for all contingencies. Until such time, tend to your duties, maintain your ships and crews, and monitor all normal lines of communication for further information about the supposed warning as they become available.

Above all else, do not succumb to the fear-mongering and rumor mills that the UGTO and 3rd party media outlets thrive on. We are better than that, both as a fleet, and as a people. We are a Confederation of Cultures, after all.

-Signed
Grand Admiral Coeus Darksoul, C.S.S. Shrike ADN-72
ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer
Commander: ISC Assault Task Force Bravo

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-26 20:27   
Quote:

On 2010-07-26 19:33, BackSlash wrote:
It's painfully obvious that the translation isn't exact. Or rather, the translation is perfect, but the way in which we translate isn't how the MI expects. There may me words or even entire phrases out of context (entire words could mean something else).

The only clear thing is the message itself is not a friendly one.

thats a contradiction in itself. the message isnt clear! but its bad >.>
il pose to you a string of words.

Attack....Destruction... Annihalited...Enemies... Victory... bargaining

very negactive? and if this was sent by a faction u have fought with, ud think it was a threat. now read...

We were Attack(ed) against the odds and Destruction of many foundry worlds we have Annihalited our most dreaded Enemies.
Victory and peace i at hand, we offer it to you too.

not 100% the same, but these very negative words but i hope this allows some grasp as to what my mind is thinking.

however its all just as redundant xD the message is no doubt bad, just like this to be shown.

We are the Falix Brothers...

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-26 20:42   
OH NOESssSSSSsSSSSSssSSsSs!!!! we are all going to die!! its all over but the crying . BOHICA!!!.... end transmission.
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-26 20:55   
Quote:

On 2010-07-26 19:10, Gejaheline wrote:

Hmm... A paradigm shift?

Perhaps there will be 4 playable factions soon.
Or could it be that the 3 reworked factions will be Hoonams, machines, and lobsters?

I wonder.

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-26 21:14   

Marius Falix is right!
This before before note Vorwarnung is the last offer for peace.
We must invite MI to Earth and Atlantis and lay down our weapons asap.
Machines cant lie, we should just trust them, maybe we will crush Kluth
altogether as this is MIs actual enemy.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-26 21:16   
MI have never been friendly, and have never offered peace. Just an FYI.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-26 21:30   
Quote:

On 2010-07-26 21:14, Perihelion wrote:

Machines cant lie

Says who?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024995 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR