No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Grouping Suggestion
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Grouping Suggestion
Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-27 02:43   
Had a brain blast...or fart.
Probably blasted out a fart. Anyways:

What with grouping being brought around, why don't we require players to be in a group to pilot Dreadnaughts or Stations.

And lets take that a step further and limit the dreads/stations per group to a small proportion of the number of players currently in that particular group, and only allow a dread/station to be piloted by a member of the group if that group has at least a certain number of members.

Darkspace, regardless of personal preference (mine, even) really needs people to start hopping into smaller ships. It's better for the Darkspace environment as a whole, and it also allows lower rank players a chance to congregate with the big boys. Perhaps if something similar to the above was implemented, we'd see some fairly legitimate looking fleets.

Just sayin'

Besides, Dreadnaughts and Stations are supposed to be FLEET VESSELS.

FLEET VESSELS.

Also, whenever someone is demoted, we should play the Mario "death" sound (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQiYF5aZlSw).
I mean, who cares about copyrights. This is America! Or wherever you silly developers live.

Constructive feedback, pl0x.
[ This Message was edited by: Panduh on 2010-07-27 02:45 ]

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-27 03:19   
Right, America, so copyright law applies. And about half the developers are in the US, half are elsewhere (Europe and one in Australia). But regardless, the servers are in America, so those laws apply.

Email Shigernafy
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-27 06:54   
Yay for arbitrary limitations on what ships people can fly...

See, the thing is, right now smaller ships ARE useful. It's just the psychological factor of "I'm in a station, I'm invinci-ohgodGeja'skillingmewithatorpcruiser" that makes people tootle around in humongous ships, regardless of how useful said ships might be.

One reason why Jim is starting small and going up with the ship redesigns is so that people will fly the new, shiny small ships and see how good they are, rather than just sitting in their dreads.

Last night, for example, ICC were basically all flying the new-and-improved destroyers. As was I half the time, but since everyone else was sitting around doing very little in stations I had trouble killing them all. Incidentally, core weapons really suck against destroyers.

Mutant (GenX)
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-27 08:55   
As long as grouping isn't forced onto players or constantly being orderd by higher ranked players to join or go away.

Invitations are good idea but can also be limited to only certain people known to the leader of the group. i.e. a group of players from same corp most likely won't accept other players not in their corp to group with them.

Also singling out non grouped ships will be the norm for enemy players, unless its not shown on player or the numbers in group when in view mode. Otherwise they (enemy ships) will know theres more of that group around, i.e. ship 2 is down get ready for ship 6.

with that aside grouping sounds good.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-27 11:18   
Before 1.535, I drove all ships available in game. When 1.535 applied, I've been capable of driving ships in garrage and frigates and scouts. Sadly I only keep dreads and stations in garrage, all equiped with enhs...

I really want to fly all ships, but 8 ships maximum prevents me. Nevertheless, everytime I feel like to test cruiser or destroyer, "Planet resouces is too low to spawn the ship". Of course I can spawn, but after that may get /report from an unfriendly player who think I sabotage by draining res...

Frankly, people usually use ships they like and have talent at controlling, then mod and keep them in garrage. So whatever happen/change, they still use ships existed in garrage...

ICC has the highest number of players driving smaller ship cause ICC has shield and defense mode. Directing shield, then jump out, ctrl S, then jump back in. UGTO normal armor can't regen fast enough and albative doesn't regen; KLuth has higher chance to be destroyed. The only disadvantage of ICC is the limit of gun armor...

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-27 18:20   
Quote:

On 2010-07-27 06:54, Gejaheline wrote:
Yay for arbitrary limitations on what ships people can fly...

See, the thing is, right now smaller ships ARE useful. It's just the psychological factor of "I'm in a station, I'm invinci-ohgodGeja'skillingmewithatorpcruiser" that makes people tootle around in humongous ships, regardless of how useful said ships might be.

One reason why Jim is starting small and going up with the ship redesigns is so that people will fly the new, shiny small ships and see how good they are, rather than just sitting in their dreads.

Last night, for example, ICC were basically all flying the new-and-improved destroyers. As was I half the time, but since everyone else was sitting around doing very little in stations I had trouble killing them all. Incidentally, core weapons really suck against destroyers.

main reason why i loved mah picket dessie in 1483

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-27 18:30   
hate the idea. most of the groups im gueesing will be full of noobs, or skilled players, not both (usually).

thus the skilled players will usually have someone on their team, Pingning or supping, or just something thatl keep the group running, (probs the person who needs prezz most)

i look forward being able to dread up with my S.W m8s and taking a few planets or smashing into ugto as an otganized group, not just as an ICC member. (ya know small teams sometimes.)

We are the Falix Brothers...

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-27 19:01   
What is with you bloody people and the really really stupid attempt to force people into smaller ships. it has already backfired and there are more dreads and stations then every before.

What you do what next no one playing at all.

Stop with the fracking small ship crapola.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-27 20:17   
Quote:

On 2010-07-27 19:01, Daedalus wrote:
What is with you bloody people and the really really stupid attempt to force people into smaller ships. it has already backfired and there are more dreads and stations then every before.

What you do what next no one playing at all.

Stop with the fracking small ship crapola.

LOL. Perhaps the solution is to make even bigger ships.

Then dreads and stations will be the new small ships.

Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2010-07-27 20:23   
PJ, spacebar, PJ, spacebar...no thanks.

Email Antra
ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-07-27 20:26   
i like the idea that finally that one player in a dictor can join a group and make some prez for the use of the dictor....... finally that will make me want to use one again Muahahah

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-28 03:59   
people, i have been flying my Assault cruiser with awesome effect against UGTO's and Kluth's Dreadnoughts and stations. i can outrun dreads like no tomorrow and can outmaneuver them. i have the power to take them out, too.

see, if you got in a smaller ship, you still have good power, and you have maneuverability also. i honestly don't know how you can fly stations... they can't move, and they can't dodge. the only thing their good for is fleet support, they suck otherwise. has noone realized that yet?

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-28 04:58   
id like to fly small ships more often, really, but having 1 siphon, 2 gang, 1 mandy, 1 hive, 1 brood, 1 scarab ( 7 ships altogether) packed full with enhancements (i paid for em) limit my "other ship" availabilities

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-28 12:51   
Quote:

On 2010-07-28 03:59, Leonide wrote:
see people, you should all play this game the way I want you to.

You like flying cruisers? Good for you, I am really proud of you, have a gold star.

People do, and should continue to be allowed to fly the ships they feel best suit the moment and their play style, not your personal vision of what the game should be.

nicklane1
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-28 14:59   
I fly Dreads/Stations alot currently because i just got new ones a few days ago, i fly my shiny new things, then i get bored and go back to small ships

Email nicklane1   Goto the website of nicklane1
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022419 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR