No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » New Ship Layouts
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author New Ship Layouts
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-29 22:30   
Btw, now that shell uses cannons and stinger uses missiles, I no longer want my stinger and would like a refund on the enhancements I used on it so I can replace it with a shell. I did not want a missile destroyer but a cannon destroyer.

It has 1 advanced maneuvering jets and 7 advanced weapon condensors.

If ships are changed that drastically I think refunds are appropriate for whoever wants them. I wouldn't ask if shell remained missile destroyer and stinger remained cannon destroyer even though the layouts would still be different. Going from a cannon destroyer to a missile destroyer though is too much, my stinger no longer even remotely resembles the ship I bought those enhancements for.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-07-30 04:08   
while you're redoing the ships I havea few requests for you Devs to consider

1) the 2 fighter slots on the Assault Dreadnaught are in ALL actuallity quite useless.Even if you replace em with SRR they STILL dont do any good at all as they will NEVER overide an enemy's ECM.As F29s they do so little damage as its a waste of time to hit the launch button.Launch reload times are so slow inbetween that the energy usage is not worth it when the E could be used by the railguns instead.With all that said,consider replacing the fighters with either hvy railguns with left/fore/right arcs or with even sabots.It is an ASSAULT Dreadnaught,you know a MAJOR kick you in the butt til you cry mommy ship.

2) Remove core weps from the SS and command type stationsand replace core weps with torps ,make all beams HVY beams SS should not be the kick butt station that is it,its a SUPPORT station, its to repair others,transport needed cargo or troops.As for the missles,its 6 of 1 half dozen of the other.You are supporting your ships in combat,but 99% of DS players can dodge ITS so they are fine..or replace with short range missles 500-800 Gus.It would virtually eliminate station spam and REQUIRE the station to have combat coverage while in contested areas.Make stations deadly close in.Otherwise ppl are still gonna park dreads on top of stations and own them.you cannot aim above your ship (or below it) to target for blindfiring on kluth that hide there and LTAO at you in whispers.

3) you cant balance cloak any way you look at it as they are now.with that said,I was thinking on what was said in this post earlier in regards to ship's specific function and thought about this for destroyer-cruiser class ships specifically the missle class.Take the ion tracker missle off ALL ships except the 2 classes.make em actually track on 2 conditions A) no target they wont fire,basically they are a lock on and chase missle but only 2 can be in flight at a time.it would require an eccm ship to detect target,a missle dessie/cruiser to fire the tracking missles/combat ship to destroy target.
this make 3 different type ships needed to effectively fight kluth while still giving them the hit and run tactic of their faction.It gives the ICC/UGTO a slightly better chance at actually firing and hitting kluth but would require some skill/timing on thier part to bind fire on the kluth being chased by missles.and missle speed should be adjusted accordingly so the kluth have a "chance" to break the lockon.
B) make Ion trackers have a "chance" to track at certain ranges.say 0-100 gus 99%..100-200 gus 66%..200-300 gus 33%...300-400 gus 1% .over that missles will not fire.

ok...thats all I have for now.Doubt it can be done but one day maybe.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-30 05:47   
Quote:

On 2010-07-28 20:24, Jim Starluck wrote:
Sparkle: I've basically been operating on a principle of Rock/Paper/Scissors.

The standard "combat" ships--Combat Destroyer, Heavy Cruiser, Battle Dread, etc.--are designed with the intention of killing ships one size smaller than them more easily than those ships can kill them back. So Frigates kill Corvettes, Destroyers kill Frigates, Cruisers kill Destroyers, Dreadnoughts kill Cruisers.

The Assault variants are designed with the intention of killing ships of the same size at close range, where superior firepower lets them get the edge on their target. So Assault Frigates kill other Frigates, Assault Destroyers kill other Destroyers, Assault Cruisers kill other Cruisers, and Assault Dreadnoughts kill other Dreadnoughts.

Finally, the Missile variants are designed with the intention of killing ships much bigger than they are from far away, beyond the range of the target to retaliate effectively. Particularly Cruisers, Dreads and Stations (though they may not be perfect; there's only so much we can do with missile accuracy before we start running into hard-coded limits in the game engine).

On top of all that, Scouts and Frigates are generally better at electronic warfare than everything bigger than them. Destroyers tend to go for more weapons rather than secondary capabilities like EW. Not completely sure about Cruisers on up yet, but the odds of seeing a Dread with as many EW slots as a Scout are minimal at best.

Logically speaking, a larger ship should have greater EW capabilities...

But then, this is a game isn't it? So a big ship with big weapons and big EW capabilities = OP.

Maybe the Command Dread could use more EW.

Gerlach
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-30 06:09   
Quote:

On 2010-07-30 05:47, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Yes and no, If you fill a big ship with more weaponry, you also want to have thicker armor and bigger ammo storage which would take the extra space.

Quote:

This could be interesting.

[ This Message was edited by: Gerlach on 2010-07-30 06:10 ]

\"I'M HEAVY METAL \\m/>_<\\m/ !!\"

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-30 06:22   
Quote:

But then, this is a game isn't it? So a big ship with big weapons and big EW capabilities = OP.

Yeah... current thinking is that space warfare will essentially involve building the biggest possible ships that one can afford, since it can fit the biggest weapons, armour, engines... everything. Smaller ships would only be used when it's too expensive to send a big one.

And yes, the command dread would be one of those ships that is just asking for lots of EW, in my opinion.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-30 11:42   
No thought given to my request for compensation for my stinger's enhancements, so I can put them on a shell which is now the cannon destroyer?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.013196 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR