No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Request to transfer enhancements from Stinger to Shell
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Request to transfer enhancements from Stinger to Shell
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-30 19:33   
Stinger used to be Kluth's cannon destroyer, and with the recent layout changes it swapped that role with the Shell for some reason. Shell is now the cannon destroyer when it used to be the missile destroyer.

(is this an unintended mix up?)

I had bought 7 advanced weapon condensors for my Stinger to go along with the advanced maneuvering jets I equipped from Rogen's Rift, never suspecting that in the future it's cannons would be replaced with missiles.

I don't want a missile destroyer, I want a fast-firing cannon destroyer, and I had that. If I wanted a missile destroyer I would have chosen a Shell, and today I would have been in the same situation, left with a ship that's completely different than the one I bought.

I'm making a simple request: 1 new advanced maneuvering jets and 7 new advanced weapon condensors so I can scrap my now useless (to me) Stinger and use a Shell which is much closer to what I originally wanted in a ship. A refund in credits on those enhancements works too.

I do hope the admins see that this request is fair and is in no way trying to take advantage of anything. I actually have more than enough credits to replace them, but it's the principle since the ships have drastically different layouts now, not just slightly different. I would not care if the Stinger got the current Shell's cannon layout because it would still be a cannon destroyer.

(btw, I do love the new layouts, I just don't like that Shell and Stinger were swapped leaving whoever enhanced a cannon or missile destroyer before the changes with a ship they didn't want)

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-30 20:10   
If they do it for you they will open a whole can of worms.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-30 20:43   
He paid for them (mostly, or earned them) and the ship he wanted got changed

On a more...epic...scale we can compare this to mandy and ganlia getting switched, but since few use kluth destroyers willingly, let alone fully ench it, there aren't many complaints

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-07-30 21:23   
Hey remember when the stinger had 5 drives on it so you could accelerate to full speed really fast so you'd use its one cannon spot to beacon people?

That was awesome.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-30 21:28   
No one promised the ships would stay the same.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-30 21:39   
daedalus, whats ur favorite ench ship you got? lets switch it with a different ship and lets see how you feel

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-30 21:50   
Quote:

On 2010-07-30 20:10, Daedalus wrote:
If they do it for you they will open a whole can of worms.

It's not a can of worms. I'm not asking to switch enhancements because I accidentally bought the wrong ship or something. I'm asking because the ship I bought is now completely changed. Not even slightly changed, completely changed. It doesn't even remotely resemble it's former self, it's now almost exactly what the former Shell was.

If you had a gunboat destroyer, fully enhanced it, and this layout change swapped it's missiles for cannons while doing the same to missile destroyer, what would you want to happen? You'd want them to either swap the layouts or give you a refund so you could enhance a missile destroyer since it's now the gunboat.

I'm fine with swapping the Shell layout with Stinger too. If they'd rather do that it's fine; I don't know why they were swapped to begin with.

Quote:

On 2010-07-30 20:43, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
He paid for them (mostly, or earned them) and the ship he wanted got changed

On a more...epic...scale we can compare this to mandy and ganlia getting switched, but since few use kluth destroyers willingly, let alone fully ench it, there aren't many complaints

I didn't even notice until yesterday when I decided to check out my Stinger's new cannon setup. Surprise! All cannons were replaced with missiles! Enjoy!
[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2010-07-30 21:58 ]

Holdin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-31 00:56   
Here's a thought - let's NOT reopen the whole compost BS pile.

The_Enforcer (The Vindicator)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-31 01:18   
Quote:

so the mandible is gonna get swapped with the gangilla? im no k'luth player, but i personally prefer the mandible as the close-ranged- killer than it being a gangilla as it

[ This Message was edited by: The Enforcer on 2010-07-31 01:19 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-31 01:31   
Quote:

On 2010-07-31 00:56, Chargers Pride wrote:
Here's a thought - let's NOT reopen the whole compost BS pile.

Huh?

Quote:

On 2010-07-31 01:18, The Enforcer wrote:

so the mandible is gonna get swapped with the gangilla? im no k'luth player, but i personally prefer the mandible as the close-ranged- killer than it being a gangilla as it

No, he's saying if it happened imagine the outcry. Not too many Kluth keep a dedicated destroyer in storage, but I do, and I went to use it and said "wtf it's a missile destroyer now".

Here's a thought everyone: Cruiser layout changes are probably next, then dreads. Many more people have advanced enhancements on their cruisers and dreads than on destroyers. What will happen if their layouts are changed significantly?

I don't see it being as big a problem for ICC and UGTO because the names of the ships tell you what layouts they should have. But Kluth ships? Only the siphon, drainer and parasite really give any clue as to what layouts they might have (ELF beams). There's a chance Kluth dreads and cruisers might get significant layout changes, and that will screw up anyone who bought the ship for it's current layout or bought enhancements for them.

Just be ready. That includes the staff It already happened with the Shell and Stinger so we know it can happen again. I for one see the Ganglia as a possible candidate for a significant layout change, and if it happens and it's no longer a missile + cannon dread I will want refunds for the enhancements I bought for it. Just saying.
[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2010-07-31 01:37 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-31 01:49   

Here's a suggestion for e Devs.

When a particular ship class gets revamped, can we have all enh returned to the garage?

I'd hate to have my weap multis stuck on a cannon ship tt suddenly got reconfigured into a beam boat.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-31 04:08   
why not a button to put all enhancements from a ship back into storage ? (if there is enough space)
keep the durability of the item so a 1-dur-item will have 1 dur, when you put it on another ship

alternative: remove 1 dur for removing

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-31 11:09   
I think you should e-mail billing rather than make forum threads. A screenshot of your enhancements and their durabilities is probably also helpful.

Otherwise, contact Jim Starluck, who is in charge of ship layouts. It's possible he mixed up the two indeed. I'm not sure if reversing the two ships will work, as there might be people who did want an upgraded missile destroyer and have that now, and reversing it would just cause the same problems.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-31 11:26   
Staff are just as attentive to the forums, generally speaking, as we are to the email accounts.

The request (and surrounding issues, such as ship type changes) is under evaluation. Sorry for the continued delays.

Email Shigernafy
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-07-31 11:28   
Dont hold your breath.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024106 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR